January 25, 2015 | 1936 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - No.7 Anti Ageing Glycolic Peel Kit

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2015 11:47:00 AM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very nice product. It's about $25 at Target, and comes with a glass pump bottle of the glycolic acid solution, a little jar of neutralizing (alkaline) pads, a brush and a small plastic dish. The Ulta website has the acid percentage listed at 7%, which sounds about right.

It's not a super-high percentage. There are plenty of glycolic toners out there with a higher percentage of acid. I think this product is great for two groups: people new to glycolic acid, and people like me who can use it much, much more frequently than instructed!

If you don't have experience with glycolic acid, this is a great way to start because you can control how long it's on your face with the neutralizer pads. Start slow and work your way up.

As for me, I've been using it on nearly a daily basis. I don't use the brush or the dish. The serum dries on he skin pretty quickly so I don't think there's any acid activity after about 5 minutes no matter how long you leave it on. The neutralizer pads are an important part of the process because they're textured and do some exfoliating work in addition to neutralizing the acid. It leaves my skin beautifully smooth, and I have not seen any irritation. When I run out of pads I'll use a baking soda solution instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by CourtL128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an effective over the counter glycolic peel system set at a reasonable price. You can definitely feel it working and see visible results.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Ljadeke

I didn't see any results and it irritated my skin into getting zits.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by luna77

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is not a good product. It does not say percentage of glycolic acid it contains which is paramount when buying a peel. It contains alcohol which is there to give you an instant plumping look to the skin which fades quickly. Who wants alcohol in their product when it isn't being used to balance the ingredients? You can buy "home glycolic peels" from many reputable sites that will tell you the truth - tell you the strength of the acid. Boots is not reputable but a mass market business solely out to make money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a few years now. My husband buys me a new kit every birthday! Along with the one's he's purchased, I have probably bought six of these. I use the fan brush for a light blush or powder application, it works beautifully!
I squirt about 4-5 pumps onto the back of my hand, and apply it lightly all over my face with my fingers. My skin is very sensitive, and I have never had a problem even using this under my eyes. Sometimes I get the burn/tingle, others I don't. I leave it on for about 6 minutes, wipe off with the included pads, and then rinse with water before applying my moisturizer. Works like a charm and has removed any discoloration. I use it about once a month, but should do it more frequently. My skin just glows and I do not ever use a scrub. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Cddam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to try this product because as i am aging i notice that my skin is loosing its luster and has a rough appearace to it, and read a peel like this could help.
3/31/13- I used this for the first time today. The directions say to use no more then five mins and less if you have sensitive skin, so I left it on for three minutes. I will update this review as I use it in the future, but I can say for the first use...my skin feels so soft! I can't stop touching my skin.
4/4/13-second use. This time I skipped the brush and used my fingers to apply, and left it on for the recomended 5 mins. Against packaging advice i did put it on my under eyes as well. As before my skin feels really soft. I also notice a slight difference in the brightness to my skin, which is good. What i have also noticed over the past few days since the first use is that the flakiness from my dry patches has been better then in recent weeks. On the down side I notice my nose is really red, but that is one of my really dry spots, and went away within the hour.
4/7/13-third use. Used for 5 mins all over my face, even around eyes. I have extra extra dry skin, that is also uber sensitive, i havent got that tingly sensation yet with the product. thinking when im done with it i may try a higher consentration to see if it gives me even better results. After one week I see a difference. My skin looks brighter, pores look smaller, and the fine lines around my eyes and nose when I smile aren't as deep. I haven't noticed any difference in discoloration which I know some use this product for, but I intend on using it on some spots o have on my legs.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 2nd or 3rd box of this kit. I use it when I'm oilier than usual or if I have the start of a blemish. This gets my oil production back in control and staves off any breakouts. The next day, I also find my skin is brighter in tone. The dish and fan brush might be good for arts and crafts, but not for this. I'd prefer they not be included and the price lowered. Very pleased with this product overall.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by CAB4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't notice any difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by pheslep

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this yesterday for the 1st time. I have regularly used Oil of Olay micro-dermabrasion for years and been pretty happy with it. I just wanted to try something else. I will need to try it a few more times before giving an accurate opinion. I would use a little more than the 4 pumps and I also use it on my neck. I left it the 1st time 12 minutes with no problems, maybe I'll go 15 next time. I agree that the brush isn't necessary. Who wants to waste any of it? Give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by EricaDerout

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This one's just MEH for me. I LOVE the microdermabrasion from Boots, so maybe my face just hates chemical peels, but prefers manual exfoliation?

I've used this twice and both times I broke out, when the rest of the time (using other Boots products) my skin has looked great. So did this stuff break me out or was that just a coincidence?

I don't know, but I don't want to risk bad skin so I won't be using it anymore.