July 30, 2014 | 2115 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Dry Remedy

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by RudolphGrizzly

Excellent conditioner for dry thirsty hair.

This is the only shampoo and conditioner line from Aveda that works for me. I have medium textured, half straight / half wavey hair, bot LOTS of it (my hairdresser has to book extra time for my colour) that I have highlighted every 2 months. This in addtion to blow drying every second day means my hair can look and feel very porous and dry.

This is the only conditioner in my collenction at home (Joico k-pak, Redken Real control & Extreme, as well as Argan Secret) that has calmed my hair down. It's been a dry, frizzy, slighly damaged mess over the last two months after getting it highlighted and also getting a bad haircut where the layers are too short and whispy for my hair type (dry, at times puffy & usually frizz prone)

My hair is left very soft. I only apply this to my ends though at the matching shampoo is moisturising enough. Even though its quite rich it gives my hair a lot of natural body. Lastly, it makes it beautifully soft and adds a bit more shine. It's made my hair look more like I've had it freshly cut recently. When I'm using anything else it looks like I need to beeline it to the hairdresser for a haircut.

Will definetly buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by caitiebug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I certainly wish my hair did not respond so well to this. But my hair LOVES it and looks its best whenever I use the shampoo and conditioner from this line. Unfortunately, it is expensive, so it burns me up a bit when I go to repurchase. But seriously, cannot get these sort of results with anything from the drugstore. And I've tried it all!
I wash and heat style my hair daily, and need something that gives great moisture. I also live in a very dry climate with hard water and need to baby my hair due to that as well.
Took 1 point off for price. Other than that, very happy with the results. Moisture, bounce, and frizz reduction, without weigh-down. For reference, my hair is dryyyyyyy and splits easily, fine and silky but loads of hair, and below my shoulders.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by decoded

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this about three months ago after going in a fancy pantsy salon by moms. They are the only place by me that sells Aveda. I went in wanting to try Aveda because one of my old friends swore by it. I was a bit shocked by the price, $25 for the smaller conditioner seemed pricey to me. I should have known better than to go with it because the girl at the salon couldn't make up her mind which would be best for me. It worked at first, but using it too much started to dry my hair out. I'm still using it because I have a good portion left and I refuse to waste $25. I also hated the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by andijan

I tried this conditioner off and on for over a year. I came here to read reviews and second guess myself, but I have to acknowledge that this product really wasn't suited for my hair or my body. I felt that it immediately coated my hair with dimethicone (the 2nd highest ingredient) and broke my back and neck out and even the area around my jaw and ears. My hair did not look hydrated. My hair is brown/greying, extremely prone to frizz, wavy and I have a TON of it. My strands are fine to medium.

I recently tried some dimethicone free conditioners by Acure (bought at Whole Foods). My hair seems hydrated! Hallelujah!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Yuck!! This stuff smells awful and left my hair greasy by the end of the day. It doesn't even really detangle all that well. $30CAD for this and i didnt really see any real benefits. It probably wasnt even suited for my hair type. I guess i was hoping it would be like Pete Moss which I loved but they discontinued.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I love the Dry Remedy Shampoo, but was terribly disappointed. I took it home, used it once, and returned it. I couldn't figure out why it didn't moisturize my hair, and left a film instead. Then I read the ingredients and see that silcone is the SECOND INGREDIENT LISTED! You HAVE to be kidding Aveda. Seriously. And it's the strongest silcone available too, Dimethicone. know most conditioners (and many shampoos even) use silicone in their formulas....but the SECOND one? Yikes. This will never moisturize. I can see why this gets low scores here, and understand why other reviewers mention this leaves a film in the bathtub even. I should have given it lower scores even, but it breaks my heart to rate Aveda so low :( I used to love Sap Moss, and still like the Clove Conditioner and Dry Remedy Shampoo. So I couldn't bring myself to give it lower than 2. I bought B&B Creme Coco Conditioner, it has no silicones so I hope that will work better than this did.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Ginal514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This line will always have a place in my shower!!! My hair is curly coarse and dry from over processing! The dry remedy shampoo and conditioner maintains my spirals in tip top shape! It is a bit pricey, but you only need a quarter size amount to treat shoulder length hair. I took off one lippy for the scent because I know not everyone can deal With it but i am-based on the results I see which outweigh the scent by a long shot. Def. HG and will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

The conditioner in this range is nowhere near as good as the treatment masque!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by tiggerkenwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not a good product. It leaves buildup in your hair causing your hair to look limp and oily on top and still dry at the ends. It also leaves a thick greasy film on your shower or tub that is very difficult to clean off. And it is very expensive. I would not buy this product again. It seems that Aveda no longer has a product that provides enough moisture for dry fine hair without weighing it down. I miss the Sap Moss conditioner. I am not sure whether or not I will be buying products from Aveda again. Since Este Lauder took over, the quality of their ingredients has gone down and they add butane to their hair products. I found a website called Bear Fruit Hair where you can design your own conditioner with natural oils and herbs. I am going to try this company and see if I can get a product I like.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This is a moisturizing conditioner, appropriate for those with thick, dry hair. I wouldn't use it on fine hair because it can weigh hair down. I've tried most of the Aveda shampoos and conditioners, but they cause my scalp to itch so I no longer use them.