July 26, 2014 | 1033 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Real Control

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Fromdaylight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AWFUL. I bought it because I wanted a shampoo & conditioner that doesn't weigh down my hair but also made it soft & shiny. This stuff weighed my hair down & does not help with frizz at all. I have normal hair but this stuff made it so dry and hard, exactly like my hair after I go for a swim. There's even the same sticky feeling in my hair that I get from the chlorine in the water! I can't even imagine how this stuff is supposed to help those with dry hair like it's intended for, since mine became so limp and lifeless. Not worth it at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Raineey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

They changed the formula-- and this new formula is awful!

I used to use this shampoo (and conditioner and leave-in) most of 2012, never had a problem with it and I loved it since it made my hair manageable and shiny. I used to get so many compliments on my hair, but for some reason, I switched shampoos. Several months later I came back to this only to find out they changed it!

Now when I use it, my hair is SO frizzy, dry, and it won't hold curl. Suave works better for my hair now, which is something I never thought I'd say but I can't stand the Real Control line after they reformulated it! Can't believe it since I loved it so much and now it's awful for my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by SKITTLES33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo. I have curly dry over processed hair that takes a beating from blow dryers and straightening irons. This shampoo really brought my hair back to life adding plenty of moisture without weighting it down or making in greasy which is a MAJOR PLUSS+++ for me, plus it smells GREAT!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by emarti54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never reviewed any skin or hair products, though Im something of a product junkie and am always down to try new things and expand my ever growing product collection. That being said, my experience using this brand was so horrifying that i felt it was my civic and moral duty to warn any unassuming ladies who might be mesmerized by the hype surrounding this, and entertain the idea of trying it out. Let me be quick and dirty for a minute, hands down the WORST product i have ever used on my hair. I would buy the 99 cent shampoo over this crap any day of the week. I have medium lenght slighty curly hair that is somewhat on the dry side but very fine. After using this product my hair felt extremely dry and to my horror, the shower floor was about covered with fallen strands. After using the conditioner of the same brand (somewhat of a masochist some would say) my hair was extremely dry and after letting it blow dry i had the dreaded straw hair for about 1 week, no matter how many deep conditionings and hot oil treatments i did. Never again will i buy this so called proffesional brand, i wouldnt even wash my dogs hair with it. Not overly expensive, but after buying the shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioning mask i was out 50.00 dollars and 20 minutes of my life ill never get back. Ladies Please Please Please do not buy this. It is a huge waste of money, and ur hair will thank you for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very average shampoo. Sure it cleaned well, but so do a million other products that cost half as much. Otherwise, my hair felt pretty much the way it always does. Not a bad product, but not worth the price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by LucyFord14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Recently I have decided to color my hair from a 5/6 VR (medium violet red) as close back to my natural color as possible, an almost black 2N with a hint of violet for warmth. I am trying to grow my hair out and wanted to switch to something more moisturizing and repairing than the All Soft for example, which I still love!

I had a terrible experience with the Aveda Brilliant shampoo, which caused so much dryness and breakage on my hair I had to cut out an additional inch at my last trim because my ends were so jagged. I immediately went out and bought the Real Control after going back to my black hair. My hair truly couldn't thank me enough. It had so much body and moisture. I had no tangles and even with a light conditioner, my hair didn't feel dry.

Occasionally I do feel a little build up, so every 2-3 weeks I will use a clarifying shampoo in its place, with a deep conditioner, which I feel should be the case in anybodies hair regimen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My stylist recommended this shampoo for my thick, coarse, naturally curly, dry, long hair. She said it combined all the best things of Redkenís All Soft, Extreme, and Smooth Down lines. This smelled pleasant and didnít seem to strip my hair of moisture. It does contain sulfates and since I do color my hair occasionally, Iíve stopped buying this shampoo and switched to a sulfate-free formula (LíOreal EverStrong Hydrate Shampoo). LíOreal is much cheaper and I like the creaminess of their formula, so I wonít buy Redkenís shampoo again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After getting my dark brown hair bleached this spring, my hairdresser wanted me to switch from All Soft to Real Control, to give my hair a little more moisture and strength. I really like it! I only wash my hair every~5 days and I use a lot of oils and creams on it (I have a TON of thick hair that is very wavy and long), and this shampoo cleans very well without making my scalp feel dry or tight. I like the scent too. I use this shampoo in conjunction with the conditioner, the Crema Care for days I wash my hair, and on the nights before I wash my hair, I'll put the Real Control Overnight Treat in and sleep with it in too. It does make my bleached hair feel a lot silkier and look a lot shinier!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Sharon51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo along with the matching conditioner (which I also reviewed isn't anything that great. It seemed to make my thick, wavy and coarse/dry hair feel yucky. I also don't care for the different size of shampoo and conditioner. I like to use the same brand when doing my hair. Well not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Annushka

Great lightweight conditioning shampoo.I have voluminous, medium hair. Never dyed, dark brown and I have a lot of hair. So much that I can make a Persian rug.
Cleans my hair, but doesn't make my hair oily in two/three days time. Very conditioning and smells pleasant, slightly like sweet chemicals.
You only need a small amount to wash your hair, it doesn't foam up too much. Vry expensive product to purchase in Australia $21 a bottle for 300ml.
I would buy again but this time, I am buying off international sites that sell them for $15 a bottle. Best shampoo and conditioner that I have tried, and I would prefer to always buy this product if I have the extra dollars to fork out.