October 23, 2014 | 1343 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Flamingo Fancy [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 4:26:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

I'm a junkie for all things bronzey/shimmer for body especially during the spring/summer months. I have SD Gold coast and NARS body Glow and adore them both, so naturally, I had high hopes for this since it seemed similar. Color/texture wise, this ranks high. The low rating ----> the scent is repulsive. It does give a nice sheen to the skin much like SD Gold Coast, however, that's the ONLY good thing about this. the scent of Benefits Flamingo Fancy leaves a LOT to be desired. It has a very fake chemical plastic like smell that definitely lessens the desire to use it. Maybe it could be layered with a scented lotion for useability, but for the price, I shouldn't need to put forth the effort to make it more tolerable. I may use up what i have, but as for "repurchasing" .. this is a definite no go for me based on the scent alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by APsAphrodite

I Love, Love, Love this stuff! Or should say loved since it has been dc'd, but it smells gorgeous, and gives a soft, bronze shimmer to your skin that doesn't look fake or make-upish. Too bad they no longer sell it. Shame on you Benefit!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not surprised this has been discontinued. It give the most beautiful glow and color to the skin but it rubs off on everything. What a mess! I can only hope they've gone back to the drawing board on this one and will put out a product just as lovely that won't ruin my sofa or any more clothes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 3:15:00 AM More reviews by adelya20

I loveee this item because it makes me feel soo sexy on a night out. I wear it on my chest, shoulders and even legs. The results are great. However, do not use to much or it will look way too much!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2007 5:57:00 AM More reviews by tvaddict

I love love love this and am very upset to discover it looks like they've discontinued it!!!! (figured they might when they launched Jiffy Tan...) Flamingo Fancy is a bit over the top, but great for colouring arms and chest on those winter nights out (it's waaay too sparkly and pink for daytime, but great in a bar at night). Yes, it's expensive, but my first little bottle lasted 4 years using every weekend in winter. And yes, it comes off on your clothes, but it ALWAYS comes out in the wash. Jiffy Tan on the other hand - much lighter, so it can be good for daytime, but I gave up on it becase it is so so hard to get off your hands. Bring back Flamingo Fancy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2006 9:25:00 AM More reviews by snowbunnyUK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my HG products! I have never seen the point i "body make-up" before...after all, don't you want skin to look like...erm, skin??!! However, I put a bit of this on and I have been in love ever since. It makes my 31-year-old chest/cleavage area resemble an 18-year-old cover girl from FHM.
    However, be warned, it is NOT for anyone who wants to look 100% natural...you will look a little sparkly and shimmery. But, I think that is the point? It is more of a highlighting/ shimmering-type product than a bronzer. I have very white skin, and it a little of this looks fab on my shoulders/decolletage/cheekbones when I am singing onstage, or dressed up for a big night. I only need a teeny-weeny bit, and it is quite "pinky"...so use sparingly and build if you need to! My tip: **this product is almost identical to the "face" version, "Hollywood Glo". however, a big difference is the price tag. Hollywood Glo is in a tiny bottle, whereas Flamingo Fancy comes in a bottle about 3 times the size! Hollywood Glo is more understated and has a more subtle colour (absolutely beautiful btw), but if you're not too fussy, save money and buy FF instead! They really are very similar.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2006 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Laurski

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty color for shoulders or collar bone. It rubs off on clothing though. So don't use it if you plan on coming into contact with fabrics.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2006 11:59:00 AM More reviews by AB84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so this should probably be called 'instant chav tan' but I love it!! I'm fair but this mixed with a little moisturiser (quite hard to blend, makes colour less intense) is perfect for giving my legs a bit of a glow or over a tan. I tend not to put it on my chest as it can make you look a little shiny plastic fantasticy!! Warning: If you don't want to look like an umpalumpa use sparing and only at night!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by marshr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this to go to a Christmas party in the dead of winter. I'm quite pale, but I was surprised at how this gave me a nice browny glow (although I had to get my bf to apply it to my shoulders and upper back since this must be blended, blended, blended). But I think it's just too shimmery to be natural. And the brown rubbed off on my white coat (I know, silly me). If they cut down the pigment, shimmer, and price by a half, I'd buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2005 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Babydollygirl

I was at the store, battling to choose between bathina body so fine and flamingo fancy. However I ended up with bathina body so fine instead because I'm a sucker for the packaging and I love the bathina body so fine smell. Flamingo Fancy will go on my next shopping list. The color is great, and it's really shimmy, great for a night out or special occasion. Benefit has many cute products, but over-priced