July 28, 2014 | 2045 users online

Foundations - Giorgio Armani - Face Fabric Second Skin Nude Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Allouqua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pretty damn good for a day foundation and yes, it has silicone in it so if you don't react well to "primers with silicone" this is prob not for you. It's more or less a primer/foundation in one which is great for more oily/combination skin. The sales rep at David Jones told me to use it as a primer and use a foundation over it??? It sounds like you're asking for major cake-face if your gonna layer stuff like that tho. Also if spending close to $65 AUD on it alone do you really want to buy an extra foundation for $65?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

This was horrid. I used this in 0.5 for my NC15 skin. It felt too mask like and suffocating on my face. I couldn't wait to wash it off. It felt like spreading pure silicones which strangely felt extremely drying as well. The finish was also nothing to rave about. It also really aggravated my skin (made my skin breakout in places where I usually don't breakout and also made my skin uneven). In all I hated this product and returned it after 5 uses. Total waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the reviewers who said that this feels like pure silicone. I got a sample, put it on and can't wait to wash it off. Not only does it feel weird, it looks chalky.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

Meh...was nice but didn't wow me. If I'm going to consider spending $65+AUS for a foundation I want it to wow me. Had a very unusual feel, like I was spreading pure silicone on my face. Settled nicely but as I said, I want to be wowed at that price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by beautywinkieee

The GA Face Fabric used to be my favorite foundation back 3-4 years ago. I have used close to all of it. Despite being my favorite, it still made my skin flake a lot (as seen in the video below). People at the Armani counter told me to exfoliate my skin more often, but having sensitive skin, I try to avoid frequent exfoliation because my skin turns red very easily.

The coverage of the makeup is quite good, and for parts of my skin that is not flakey, people could barely notice I have makeup on (they just think my skin is flawless!). But with the part that is flakey, the face fabric only makes it 10x more noticeable >.
I won't purchase this again despite being my then HD product. I recently traveled to Korea, and got the Hera BB Cushion, it doesn't accentuate my flakes and coverage and naturalness is just the same as GA's face fabric (see video below to see the difference).

Please note that I have purchased all these products myself and nothing has been sponsored!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by yyip

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't love FF as much as I love Maestro or Lasting Silk unfortunately. The colours are a little too pink to work properly for me.
It has light coverage, so its best used for evening skin colour rather than hiding blotches and pigmentation. There is a silicone cushiony feel to it so applies easily with fingers.
Would I buy again? Probably not - I don't feel that it creates an amazing look like the other armani foundations do. The finish is matt so you need to make sure you moisturise and exfoliate before application.
I have found a dupe that performs really well for me that I like much better. It's from a good quality Japanese skincare brand, Hadalabo. The Hadalabo Air BB cream has slightly better coverage (build able), has a yellow base that works well for my light yellow skintone and provides a brightening effect that FF doesn't do for me. Hadalabo Air has also that cushiony silicone feel but has slightly little more of a moist feel - not oily. They put hyaluronic acid in it to help plump your skin a bit. The down side for darker skin tones is that there are only two shades. - both a quite light. I use the Natural shade which is a light yellow base whereas the Ivory is slightly darker with a pink base. Worth checking this alternative product out if you are looking for something with a yellow base or less drying...and much cheaper.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by chiccouture1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This so far is my favorite foundation to wear during the summer. I use my fingers to apply this foundation, and it feels so light creamy and smooth. I like being able to wear a foundation during the summer that doesn't look like it's melting off of me, especially when it's really humid outside. No one wants to wear a foundation during the summer heat that makes their skin feel like it's getting clogged and prepared for breakouts. Giorgio Armani's Face Fabric gives a light coverage and it feels like you're wearing nothing. All I do is dot a little on, blend it in and I am out the door. The packaging is great for travel. Although Face Fabric is a little pricey compared to NARS, or Mac, I do think it's worth it because a little bit (a dot) goes a long way. The only con that I can determine is it's not easy to find, a lot of Sephora's don't carry it. I've been to only two Sephora's that carry this foundation. However, Bloomingdales, and Saks carries it. This foundation is a must have for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lottiescarlett

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the FIRST foundation I have ever found that actually matches my near-transparent skin tone. The GA consultant at Selfridges helped me pick out shade 0.5 and it is absolute perfection.
I am 18 with very fine lines and combination/dry skin with freckles and the occasional blemish. For sorting out imperfections and eyebags I use with Estee Lauder DW concealer and the compliment each other very well as Face Fabric is a cross between a heavy primer/very very light foundation - in the best possible way. In no way does this foundation disguise blemishes!

I wear this foundation when I want to even my skin tone out and give it a more airbrushed look. When i'm having a bad skin day I switch over to Diorskin Nude which is a little heavier. Face Fabric also has SPF 10 (or 12 I can't remember) which is great for my fair skin. I've used this nearly every day for 2 months or so and their still seems to be 90+% of the product left in the subtle, simple packaged product.

After a days wear the product needed no 'topping up' even though I don't usually use a primer. I set the foundation with Chanel's poudre universelle libre and the result was stunning!
I think people should compliment you on how lovely your skin is, not how lovely your foundation is and this product certainly fits that. It's your skin very clearly - just made that little bit better!

ADVICE
Do not use under eyes as it doesn't seem to settle as well here
this product is NOT FOR YOU if you're looking for a heavy-weight foundation
this is a complexion ENHANCING foundation, not a complexion masking one
don't be scared by the price - it will last you ages

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by nhwhazup

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this foundation! I have 57 year old pale skin and have been searching for a light feeling foundation with good staying power that doesn't dry out the skin during the work day.

For my pale cool toned skin, it's difficult to find the right color. If the foundation is too yellow, my skin takes on a sallow tone. If it is too beige, can make my skin take on a muddy hue. I use the #1 right now but also have the #2 for the summer months. I believe this foundation is very neutral and for me works very well coloring wise.

Now about the finish - just perfect. I use a primer underneath and use a beauty blender to apply. The finish appears air brushed but is so comfortable. I do need to blot and powder my nose midday but otherwise it looks the same at the end of the day as the beginning.

I've tried so many foundations that I've lost count. This one is it for me. I'm definitely going to purchase a tube or too for back up and for my daughters who I think might like it as much as I do.

The tube is great but if I could offer one suggestion to make it even better - would be to have a flip top instead of screw off.

If you are looking for light weight flawless coverage - try this foundation - you won't be disappointed.

Update: Initially loved this foundation. However, after a few days of wear, I started getting dry patches. I exfoliate and moisturize well and use a primer. Once I switched from this back to my old brand the dry patches went away. I'm not going to change my rating on this foundation as I think the feel and light coverage is awesome - just doesn't work for me. So if you have sensitive, combination skin, this might not work for you. Get samples first.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by oulianas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The texture of this product is amazing, it is soft and thin but gives good coverage. It has a matt effect and is very easy to blend. I highly recommend it, have been using it for over 2 years. I used to use Dior before that.