Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Second Skin Nude Makeup

4.1

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ETHYLEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL +/- MAY CONTAIN, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/ IRON OXIDES, CI 12085 / RED 36, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, MICA

Face Fabric is the most apt name for this wonderful product and well done to Armani for coming up with this! It is a mousse and not liquid, allowing it to be easily applied and keep your face matte. It provide light but very good coverage - it is literally like wearing a moisturiser. Absolutely perfect for day wear. If you want to wear it in the evening, you may have to add highlighter on your face to get a "contour" effect.

If you apply a large quantity of it with a good foundation brush (I use Clinique) it can almost give you an airbrushed look. For a natural look, just apply it like a moisturiser. It reduces the appearance of pores and evens out the skin tone. I also have to emphasise that not only does it give you a natural, no makeup look, it also feels like you are wearing no foundation! In addition, it allows your skin to stay matte all day (unlike other foundations that make your skin feel oily towards the end of the day).

on 2/4/2015 1:52:00 AM

Mufey's review cover it all. Silicon mattifies fine lines under eyes. no cream can help so just keep this away from eyes area. Works great in covering pores. But Can't really cover red marks except by dabbing this on the area. However, this foundation just won't stay.

on 1/10/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I can tell why they named it Face Fabric as it's formula is quite unique in the world of foundations. It's mousse and not liquid making it very similar to some tinted foundation primers (Dermalogica's Skinperfect Primer is very similar to this except it covers way way less). This was partly achieved by adding a lot of silicones so I'm guessing that those who aren't fans of the cones won't like it. It provides light coverage that is hard to build.

I've been now using it on and off for two years and this is my personal experience:
It's appearance on me depends highly on the condition of my skin on a given day and what moisturizer I use under it. If my skin is dehydrated and with dry patches, this foundation isn't helping with the dehydration and makes any dry patches look like they're flaking badly and no rich moisturizer underneath helps make this look any less bad. However if my face is hydrated and exfoliated this foundation makes it look almost perfect! It reduces the appearance of pores, neutralizes any redness and even though it covers lightly it evens out the skin tone. It also looks very very natural, like you're not wearing a foundation at all.
Whenever I use it on a bare face it makes my face matte for the whole day. This is also the case when I use light moisturizers that sink into the skin. However when I apply it over a rich moisturizer or over any cream that is slightly oily it will make my face look dewy and I mean this in a good way.
I like to mix my foundation with Dr. Hauschka's Translucent Bronze Concentrate and this does not mix good with it.

I believe with this foundation (as is basically with any beauty product) it all comes down to what type of skin you have and how much coverage you need. This won't help those with cystic acne one teeny bit. I gave it four lippies because, as I try to take care of my skin consistently and it's pretty good most of the time, this foundation also looks really good on me most of the time.

on 12/30/2014 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

In many ways, this product deserves 5 out of 5. The finish is absolutely amazing. I have oily skin, with some pitted scars from a long bout of acne (now cured). This makes it extra-challenging for me to find the right foundation. I know that silicone-based primers help, but for day-to-day use, too much layering is too much work. Matte foundations, especially powder foundations, are good for skin like mine, but the flat finish also tends to make my skin look unhealthy and mask-like. Armani's Face Fabric is brilliant for me, cause the silicone content softens my acne scars, leaves a matte-ish finish, without leaving an 'overdone' and opaque look, and without having to bother layering with primers and powders. *Note: if your skin is excessively oily or gets really shiny, I suggest setting with a translucent blotting powder, applied by blotting the powder in, not blending.
The reason I give it a 4 instead of a 5 is that I tend to have a preference for makeup with skin care benefits. I don't wear this everyday, because I like giving my skin 'breathing time' from silicones. This one has a fabulous finish, but it doesn`t do much for the skin in the long-run. I guess you just can't have it all.
On packaging: I really like that it is so practical. The tube packaging is admittedly very simple, and does not look high-end, but it makes it easy to use and light to carry.
Lastly, on price: I would complain if I knew of a cheaper dupe, but I don't, so for me it is worth it.

on 12/17/2014 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

To be honest, I'm in a love-hate relationship with this product. I first tried it when I got a free sample of it in a 5ml tube which I brought along to travel with me and fell in love with the fragrance and how smooth it was on my skin.

Then when I came back to where I was residing at, I decided to just get it, just to get over my obsession on the product. Little did I know it costed almost $100 for a medium size tube (I was expecting it to be $60-$70 or so??; btw I live in Kuwait so I guess a lot of things here are a bit more expensive, despite the fact it is tax free).
Anyway, I love the fact it glides on my skin so smoothly and how it really covers up my pores and how I hardly look like I'm wearing any makeup. Oh and as I mentioned before, I don't know why a lot of reviews took this negatively, but I LOVE THE FRAGRANCE!! It's like as if I'm putting baby talcum powder on my face.
What I don't like about the product is definitely the price. I mean, COME ON! $100 on a small tube of foundation? it's not like its made out of gold or something (probably has sheep placenta or something inside, thats why its THAT expensive *rolls eyes*). And although it can be a positive thing, the fact that it feels like theres no make up on the face, yet I've spent $100 on it just to feel like nothing is there, sometimes kind of makes me cheated like as if I'm drinking a decaf coffee or something.

Anyway, I do not regret buying it cause somehow, despite the price and the 'invisibility' feature it present, I felt a bit satisfied and content whenever I apply it on my face. I honestly do not know if I will buy it again in the future (mainly because of the price), but it is the sort of foundation I will use to the last drop.

on 12/2/2014 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is the perfect base for slapping on in the morning, when you're only half awake. Blends into the skin beautifully with no effort, and leaves my sensitive, pale, dry skin looking perfect. Granted, this won't cover spots, but it evens out my skin tone very well, despite being invisible on. I use this for natural week day makeup, saving my Guerlain Lingerie de Peau for weekends and special occasions, and I won't be shopping for anything else. These two are, finally, my HG.

on 8/23/2014 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If, like me, you have oily skin this foundation is amazing. The only reason I haven't given 5 lipsticks is that it's fairly pricey, but that's a small criticism. I'd describe it somewhere between a primer and a foundation and it's quite sheer. It's a cream but it doesn't have a creamy consistency, it has a powder like, totally matte finish which is why it's great for my oily skin. The only warnings I'd give are that it doesn't go on great over a creamy moisturiser and you don't want to rub it in to the skin too much because it will end up kind of 'balling' on your skin. I just blend it in very lightly with my fingertips. Probably not great if you have lots of blemishes or imperfections to cover because as I said, it's quite sheer but I love it because of the 'matteness' it gives my skin.

on 4/15/2014 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Pretty damn good for a day foundation and yes, it has silicone in it so if you don't react well to "primers with silicone" this is prob not for you. It's more or less a primer/foundation in one which is great for more oily/combination skin. The sales rep at David Jones told me to use it as a primer and use a foundation over it??? It sounds like you're asking for major cake-face if your gonna layer stuff like that tho. Also if spending close to $65 AUD on it alone do you really want to buy an extra foundation for $65?

on 3/5/2014 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This was horrid. I used this in 0.5 for my NC15 skin. It felt too mask like and suffocating on my face. I couldn't wait to wash it off. It felt like spreading pure silicones which strangely felt extremely drying as well. The finish was also nothing to rave about. It also really aggravated my skin (made my skin breakout in places where I usually don't breakout and also made my skin uneven). In all I hated this product and returned it after 5 uses. Total waste of money.

on 1/19/2014 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with the reviewers who said that this feels like pure silicone. I got a sample, put it on and can't wait to wash it off. Not only does it feel weird, it looks chalky.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundation - Tony Moly CC Cream vs. Hera UV BB Mist vs. Armani Maestro vs. Armani Face Fabric by Josephine Chiu

Top Rated Giorgio Armani Products