September 16, 2014 | 1213 users online

Hair Treatments - Frederic Fekkai - Salon Glaze

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Jstar2009

I love the idea of 'glazing' treatments and boy does my hair need them! I have thick, slightly coarse hair. I applied this after shampooing and conditioning, combed it through from root to tip (also coated the tips with extra by hand) and let it set for 30 minutes. I applied a little heat with the hairdryer to give it a helping hand.I rinsed it out and let it dry naturally. The results? The condition is a lot better than before, it has more shine/gloss and my hair seems to move more freely. I will definitely use again, and perhaps leave it in overnight. I am experimenting with hair care products at the moment (aren't we all?) and will try the uber expensive Frederic Fekkai Advanced Care Overnight Hair Repair next. However, this Salon Glaze does work and I will always have it to hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by fillecanadienne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was a little worried after reading the reviews but I absolutely loved this product! I have blonde fine frizzy slightly curly hair that I have to blow dry with a large round brush if I want to keep them straight. This product left my hair shiny, smooth and very healthy looking - I am very very happy with it! I would definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by SueC254

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The secret to success with hair products is understanding your own hair type and needs, and understanding what purpose of each product and therefore finding the right match for your hair. This product is a perfect match for me. I have type 2c curly hair (S-curl with some ringlets forming, and finer and straighter at the sides near my face, and my hair holds a curl very easily, just using my fingers). The colour is that dark/dirty blonde/mouse brown but not a true brown, lightens easily but lacks shine. My top layers were dry, crunchy and frizzy from sun damage and my freshly washed hair is frizzy, very pouffy and thick. If I straighten my hair it goes pouffy and frizzy again a couple of hours later. I washed and conditioned with inexpensive sulphate-free products then used the glaze as instructed. After blowdrying and setting in large rollers my hair was amazingly silky, soft and smooth. And yes,shiny, so I took photos. Even better, I rubbed in a tiny amount of the glaze into my frizzy dry ends as a leave-in conditioner. This worked beautifully. The next day my hair is still smooth and sleek. The secret of this product is high quality water soluble silicones which are good for your hair (it's not true that silicones damage your hair). There are many silicones, some are water soluble and some are not. So this glaze does not build up or dry your hair. Note that if you already have straight, smooth shiny hair this product will not make any difference so you need a different kind of product. But for me it gave enough weight to tame and smooth the poofiness without looking greasy or oily. I will definitely be buying some more. Try just a dab on your dry ends and leaving it in as you would with the glossing cream (which I also like). I like the texture of this product, it is a thick white cream, not a messy oil like most glazes. Highly recommended. It is a small bottle and pricey but you only need a small amount, so it is better value than cheaper products that don't get the same result because they contain only a small amount of the right silicones. I keep stroking my hair because it feels so silky smooth and soft. I have also been growing out a short haircut, have had only one trim in 12 months. This is making my hair more manageable and healthy. Ladies throw out any plastic hairbrushes which cause breakage, get a boar bristle brush. Switch to shampoos that do not contain sodium lauryl (or laureth) sulphate, which are harsh detergents that strip your hair and irritate the scalp which longterm is the cause of hair loss. Also avoid products that contain alcohol which is drying. Remember it is not necessary to go "silicone free" or "cone free", just look for products with quality water soluble silicones that protect your hair. Also the best oils are coconut, avocado and olive which are used in many Fekkai products.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This glaze works really well on my hair. My hair is in pretty good condition but it does have annoying frizz, and this totally gets rid of it. I use it every other time I wash my hair after conditioner and it leaves my hair super smooth and silky with lots of shine. Highly recommended! I bought it from the Canadian site ebeauty.ca for $31: http://tiny.cc/qacvm. Pricey, but worth it if works for you, maybe try to get a sample first.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

Lately I've been trying out a few new hair treatment products, just to give my hair that extra bit of TLC.
The Salon Glaze was the most expensive and useless thing I've brought soo far!
I did not notice any improvement in my hair at all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would buy this again I suppose but I am not bowled over. It worked nicely and I could see improvement in my hair. It smelled nice enough - nothing strong or weird. Overall, it's fine. I guess my gripe would be the price. I have gotten comparable results from other treatments that cost 1/4 what this costs. If it were cheaper I think I would rave a bit more. I think I paid $28 for a not very big bottle and it took quite a lot to get the job done. I think between $10-15 would be a more fair price for the amount you get and what it does.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was on vacation at the beach and I decided to give this a try. I was really disappointed with the texture of it. It is not quite a treatment/mask type of thing. I spent extra time rinsing it out and after my shower my hair seemed a little thick. I had a hard time combing it and even styling it was a little more difficult. The sad part was after I styled my hair, I noticed some shine but it did not last. And my hair only felt oilier and thicker as the day went on. After I had slept on it and went to comb it the next morning, my comb would not pull through it. This really did not seem to do much accept make it harder to deal with my hair. I will not be trying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 3:42:00 AM More reviews by betises_lau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very thin, just-below-the-shoulder blonde hair. I simply tried this because I am constantly looking for wyas to bring some extra shine to my hair.

The first application was a disaster: I basically used way to much of the product, applying it on myroots. This made my hair heavy and unmanageable. Not greasy, just heavier.

Second attempt was a hit and I have included it in my routine ever since for a lightweight shine and polished look. Here are my tips:
- Make sure you condition your hair deeply (any mask applied for ten minutes under shower cap will give you extra moisture).
- Rinse thoroughly
- Apply a teaspon of SG on your hair, avoiding the roots. Comb and let sit for 5 minutes.
-Rinse, rinse, rinse. I insist: rinse properly or your hair will be weighed down

I find I can skip the blowdrying step as Salon Glaze coats my hair and gives it more body. Use sparcely and not at every shampoo, this is a fantastic addition to any hair routine.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

On my third bottle of this stuff - and i usually don't buy the same product that many times unless it really is good. this does really tame down the frizzies and poofiness in my hair. It also makes some crazy cowlicks lay flatter and makes my hair behave better overall. I have no product in my hair right now and it seems to be air drying "normal", which is saying a lot for my hair. The only thing is, and I don't know if it just my imagination, but I think my hair looks brassier after using it. Has anyone else had this happen? I still purchase it (even though I hate brass!) because it really makes my hair so much easier to manage overall and makes it shinier and healthier looking. Great product that I will continue to repurchase.
EDIT: Def. making my highlights brassy so I stopped using it. Too bad b/c it works great otherwise!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by JCM123

This product is fantastic - really does help to tame frizzies, make hair super shiney and manageable! Highly recommend... ( a little does go a long way though - I learned the hard way!)