September 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Foundations - Prescriptives - Anywear Multipurpose Make Up Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by hgb124

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Here are the reasons why I love this foundation:

1. I absolutely LOVE the packaging! What a brilliant idea to split it into two small tubes. I have one in the office and one in my purse to use when I am on the go and for touch ups. No more bulky compacts or messy liquid foundations being toted around!
2. The formula itself is amazing! I just swipe directly from the tube and blend with my fingers when I am on the go. It is very lightweight with a satin finish but the best part is how easily buildable it is. I can do a light to full face by blending with just my fingers, plus it has enough coverage that I can also use it as a spot/under-eye concealer - double the bonus points!
3. Px is known for their ability to color match to perfection and this is no exception! Vellum is an exact match for me and I will definitely be stocking up on this foundation before they go out of business in January (so sad about that news)!

For what it is worth, I find the price to be reasonable, especially when comparing it to Bobbi Brown's stick foundation, which is more expensive and is definitely NOT worth trying (cakey formula, leaves my skin oily and enhances pores at the end of the day).

This is my first Prescriptives purchase and I am absolutely loving it! I am on a mission to check out all their other products before they close up shop!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 7:41:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This might be my HG foundation. The color is perfect, the application is easy (I can use it as concealer and foundation), and it's portable.

This is a perfect match to my skin and it lasts a decent amount of time. It doesn't last all day otherwise it would be my absolute HG and it's creamy, not slippery.

A total winner. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by beameupscotty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic - I agree with most of the positive reviews of this wonderful stick makeup. I've used many brands from cream to powder formula and love this one. The forte of this product is it's silky yet opaque like coverage - excellent for light freckles and my broken capillaries around my cheeks. I asked for help covering them - and the SA took me to this particular product. I will use this again and want to become familiar with more of the line as a result of using it. Love, Love the fact that it comes in two tubes and is so portable. Colormatch is great for me too - I'm very pale and it's sometimes hard to find that "not too pale" foundation. I guess you could say this foundation stick is becoming my HG....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has become my HG of HG foundations.

Half of the reason is because Ecru (y/o 01) is an exact match for my pale not-yellow, not-peach, not-pink skin. I tried 49 foundations before I found this one; no other matches as well, and that INCLUDES the other Px formulas. Specifically, this is a touch darker and less olive/gray than Ecru in Virtual Skin, so if you've tried VS and couldn't wear Ecru in that, you might be able to in this. (My other very close match is LORAC Breakthrough Performance in Porcelain.That's a touch lighter and peachier than this.) Ecru in the AnyWear stick is a muted pale beige with virtually no peach or pink in it, but also without the banana yellow of Bobbi Brown foundations nor the golden yellow of Stila foundations. It's, like, ecru.

But the rest of my love for this is the formula. This is cream-to-powder, not greasy or thick as you might fear from other foundation sticks. My skin is satiny after application, even more than from liquid foundations. A thin layer is weightless; it feels less like makeup than almost anything else I've tried, including MMU. It is very blendable and buildable; I can apply several sheer layers without getting it too thick or cakey. It does not seem to settle into or emphasize pores, though I do use a silicone-based primer under it. It plays very nicely with my slightly dry, over-40 skin -- I don't *have* to use powder over it most days, though I can. The match is so good that I can apply this only over the melasma on my cheeks and on and around my nose, so I would only powder a little, anyway. Most of my cream and gel blushes last well over this. It also works very well with Px' Illuminating Cream Potion, the luminizer/highlighter -- the combo does not become greasy or separate.

I also like that the amount of product is divided between two small tubes, each about the size of a 35-mm film canister. I "bounce" the product on lightly straight from the tube and then blend with my fingers -- no brush or sponge needed -- so this has to be the most portable foundation imaginable.

I think this foundation stick is well worth seeking out, especially if you've been considering cream compacts or foundation sticks from other, pricier brands. I don't think Px promotes this; I had to insist on trying it, because the SA kept pushing the reintroduced Photochrome compact on me (the lightest color in that is darker than this and MUCH oranger). I sincerely hope that Px isn't considering d/c-ing this; AnyWear Multipurpose Makeup Stick and Virtual Skin are the two standout formulas in their foundation line.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by macnewbie08

I love Prescriptives!!!! I had been using Prescriptives "Virtual Skin" & decided to try the Anywear Makeup Sticks. "Ginger" is a perfect match for me in both. I love the fact that you get (2) make up sticks which is perfect for me. I leave one at work & the other at home. The make up sticks are so creamy & so easy to blend. No mess at all. I just swipe the stick over the areas that I need & blend. Perfect application!!! It lasts all day & provides the perfect medium coverage. Prescriptives has become my #1 brand for Foundation. I have sensitive skin & have not had any breakouts. It is a bit pricey but is totally worth it. I've tired MAC foundation stick, which was cheaper but NC45 was too light & NC 50 was too dark. Also the MAC foundation stick seemed to oxidize after awhile & it was not as creamy & easy to blend as Prescriptives. I love this product & will definitely purchase again!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The Px website lists this as having medium coverage. I would say it's light to medium. I just purchased this sight-unseen online (though I am not new to Px foundations...I've been color matched and usually wear Px Virtual Skin in Real Camellia, so I ordered this stick in Camellia--color matches perfectly). The idea of it coming in 2 sticks instead of one is nice; I can keep one in my purse or at work and the other at home. The stick itself looks very creamy and FEELS very creamy compared to other stick foundations I've tried. The lasting power is pretty good, but it might need to be retouched in a few places throughout the day due to its creamy consistency. It looks velvety and slightly powdery after applying. I apply by swiping the stick across my chin, cheeks, and forehead, and then blending in with my Px foundation brush. I do apply some powder after applying this foundation. At this point, I would definitely buy again, especially since I am about to become a mommy, and was looking for a nice, quick foundation to apply! I'll update if it causes any breakouts. *crosses fingers*
UPDATE: So far, it doesn't seem to have caused any breakouts or aggravated my skin. I do seem to be going through the product rather quickly, though--more quickly than I go through Virtual Skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.90%

Other ingredients: Di-PPG-3-Myristy Ether Adipate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Tribehenin, C20-40 Alcohols, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ozokerite, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Oryzanol, Aluminum Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Polysorbate 20, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2008 8:19:00 AM More reviews by ssells

I have generally normal, although very fair skin. I use foundation to even out my skin tone and generally don't need a lot of coverage. I had been using Virtual Skin in Real Cream for years when I started to see some bluish veins showing through the very sheer coverage. I tried the new Prescriptives Multipurpose Make Up Stick and so far, so good. I have a hard time trying new products as I've had some very bad allergic reactions in the past, but Prescriptives doesn't seem to bother my skin. The coverage of this product is still natural, but it does provide that little bit more coverage that I was looking for. It goes on very creamy and I've been using my Px foundation brush to blend. It dries to a dewy finish, so I've found that a light dusting of powder is a must. It is fairly expensive ($35) for the small amount that you get, but we'll see how long it lasts. I'm keeping one in my makeup chest and one in the drawer for later. The concept of carrying one with me to put more makeup on a dirty face throughout the day doesn't appeal to me. The smell is a bit off on this makeup, kind of similar to latex paint, but once applied, you won't even notice.

Update: love the coverage of this makeup, but halfway through the day my face is an oil slick, and I do not have oily skin. Returning it tomorrow and going back to Virtual Skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by bitsyb89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! I have combination skin and this foundation is perfect for my skin. I was using BE, and like a previous reviewer, i got tired of cleaning up loose makeup off of my vanity. This foundation is a million times better than BE. I dot it on my face, blend, and it dries to a powdery finish. It never feels sticky or looks cakey. Another good thing about this product and other prescriptives foundations is that if you go to the counter they will "colorprint" you so that you are sure to get the perfect color. The packaging is really cute and portable. The $35 price tag is the only downside.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Kate_NS

Lovely little sticks! When I use this over Smashbox Primer it stays put all day with no shine - flawless finish! Like all Px foundations, the match is perfect for my skintone (Y/O Cream; also MAC C1 or NC15 for reference). Note that without the primer underneath, it tends to sit in my pores and disappear into thin air in no time at all... I don't wear foundation regularly, so I don't mind the extra step when I'm going for a 'polished' or night-out face.