September 20, 2014 | 1437 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an okay powder. Normally a bit heavier then a regular powder compact since it can be used as foundation by itself. I tend to use it on top of a foundation for a bit extra coverage. It controls oil for awhile--which was one of my reasons for purchase as I have oily skin--but I think it tends to get a bit chalky. Even when I did not use a ton and cake it on..it got a tiny bitchalky. I do like it since i feel limited in the powder dept, this is one I would use now and then. But because I dont love it 100% , I will continue looking for my HG powder....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG foundation, at last! After years of trying to find a liquid foundation that didn't break me out and clog me, I decided to try pressed powders. This is fabulous, no breakouts whatsever. It has great coverage and oil control, I don't need an additional powder on top of this. The SPF is minimal so I use an additional SPF if I know I'll be out in the sun. I have repurchased this 3 times now. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by PMD64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think some are confused and assuming this is a powder to use over foundation. It's actually a foundation itself, in powder form. It's more expensive than simple powder for that reason. It can be used over other foundation for a fuller coverage, but it is itself a foundation - like Bare Minerals or Pur Minerals, etc.

I really like it but I wish it didn't contain any sunblock. I'd prefer to use a separate sunblock since it's not enough to do much anyway unless you cake it on, and I like to use a physical sunblock and this contains Octinoxate (chemical sunscreen) along with the Titanium Dioxide. For this I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5. Aside from not appreciating the chemical sunscreen, I feel that without the added sunscreen this product would be more buildable throughout the day and not end up feeling cakey as it tends to after a couple touchups.

Love the color range, I have the 02 Neutral Fair and it's perfect. Covers up redness well and it looks beautiful until I have to touch up and add another layer.

If this lacked sunblock it would become my HG foundation. Until then I won't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by roseannabanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The lady matched me to 02 neutral fair which fit me perfectly. I have oily skin and this prevented me from getting shiny for most of the day. It covers acne well and sets liquid foundation well. The product lasted me a long time before running out so I will repurchase when they have the free gift with purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by taygete05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this for a simple, uniform product. The sponge that's included isn't awesome, but the coverage works well for my whole face, and doesn't take a lot of fiddling to get an amount of coverage I like.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by 76bonz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If the FDA removed powdered sunscreens (titanium dioxide) from the market because the particles get into lungs and cause damage what is this product okay?
I was using this daily with good results until I found out through the local newspaper about dangers of powdered sunscreen & why the FDA removed them.
I feel duped by Clinique when I thought they were a company you can trust for safe products.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by christinean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My go-to powder. I've been using it for years. Lovely coverage and finish. The only down side is I find I get a little oily and it tends to slide, so I do have to touch up throughout the day, but I expect that with most powders.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

It's taken me a few months to review this because I wasn't sure if I liked it. But after some experimenting and comparisons to other pressed powders I have used, I've concluded that this is a pretty good one if you're looking for a tiny bit of coverage on top of your foundation that looks entirely natural and skin like.

Personally, I like to use this with a small and dense buffing brush as opposed to the sponge provided because it really melds in with my skin that way. The sponge is okay for touch ups but too heavy to use all over the face.

I find the texture of this quite smooth and creamy and although it doesn't control oil for any longer than 3 hours on my nose area, it doesn't look patchy when I blot with paper over the top or put more powder on.

The packaging (although quite dated looking) is fine. I'd rather have a sturdy compact that isn't overly large than something flimsy that would open up in my handbag or get crushed!

Another thing worth mentioning is the shade range which is visually very confusing. I would consider myself to have fair to medium skin (yellow undertones as I am asian) but the colour match for me is 04 Neutral (MF/M) which looks at least 4 shades darker in the pan than my skin! However, when buffed in, it is the perfect colour so be aware that these are lighter in real life than in the he compact!

All in all, a solid powder compact. It doesn't quite have the oil control powers of MAC's careblend powder but the results are much more natural and smooth and the colour blends into my skin a lot better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 6:46:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This powder was a huge disappointment to me. I expected a lot more for the price, although to be fair, its not like I really expect miracles from a powder anyhow.

I was not impressed in any way, shape, or form with the texture of this stuff - its rather chalky and given that it doesn't work well at all for frequent touch-ups. It performs along the same lines as other really mediocre and "just there" powders brands (such as ELF or Cover Girl) but the problem is its way more expensive than those brands. And don't even get me started on the packaging, which I loathe - Clinique really needs to get on board with updating their design OR leave it as is but come to the realization that it gives off a cheap vibe and in turn, drop the price a wee smidgen. Based on the "so-so" quality happening here, I am shocked that it is within the same price range as so many other excellent high end powders.

I say skip this. There are so many other brands (high end and drugstore) in which are much more superb to this. This really is a waste of money. Nothing is going on here to write home about.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by A66x

I absolutely love this powder. It' is my HG! I tend to use it more over my Clinique superbalanced foundation than I do on it's own. It gives a great finish over make up and also provides that little bit extra coverage that I like when going on a night out. On it's own it's fab for a quick, light coverage. Just enough to even out the skin and give that little bit colour. I suffer from quite dry skin especially on my forehead and cheeks and this powder does not cling to my dry areas at all. The staying power when used as a setting powder is fantastic. Definitely 5 lippies from me!