July 31, 2014 | 2195 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by kathrynwatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this primer works for people with dry skin. I have read reviews about people having their foundation slipping of their faces with this primer underneath. This has never happened to me (and my dry 33 year old skin!). It literally keeps my Tru Match foundation on all day. The orange tint that ppl complain about is actually a bonus for me. You can't notice the orange, but the tint almost works as a color corrector for me (evening out skin tone, minimising redness etc). Absolutely minimises pores too. Oh and makes my skin feel so smooth.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by HaleyKnowsBest

This primer is cheap and really doesn't do much. it also makes my skin look dark. its really nothing special.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by desiw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not much of a Rimmel fan to begin with and this certainly did not alter my opinion one bite.
Simply did nothing for my combo skin. For the price it was worth a shot. Not for me

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by jasminder3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer is relatively cheap, so it doesn't hurt to give it a try. However, the orange color might have an effect on some people's foundation, although the orange-y hints usually fade. The worst part for me was that I already have oily skin, but yet my face would turn into a horrible oil slick about 2 hours into using this product. Also at first application my face would be itchy, as though the primer irritated by skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiacGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, this product is amazing--let me tell you why. I have normal to dry skin. I have somewhat uneven skin from acne scarring, and what not. I do have some visible pores around my nose and under eye area. I've been trying to find a drugstore primer that I'm REALLY in love with. I used to use Palladio's Herbal primer. Didn't love it. I tried out Rimmel's primer today. Absolutely floored. I've never seen my skin so smooth! My face routine [makeup wise] went on like a dream! I haven't seen any break outs from this yet. It does have an orange tint when you apply some on your face, but it goes away.

Definitely HG status.
Thank you, Rimmel!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I quite like this primer. I got it about two weeks ago so i have a pretty good idea on it.

PROS:
-it does make my pores look smaller
-give a nice glow
-cheap price

CONS
-i cant say it makes me makeup stay for a crazy amount of time (enough for an average day though)

This is a very thick primer in constancy and comes with 30ml of product. A lot of people might be scared off by the orange tinge the primer has however it completely blends clear and doesn't show any colour whats so ever! So far im liking this primer and i might buy again once i run out (just have to use up all of my other primers first)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by danafranuby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've barely used this product, since purchasing it. It is not the best, in comparison to its competitors, in fact it is probably not the best in comparison to itself. It does not last all day and quite frankly, my foundation sat the same with it on, as a base and without it on. Unfortunately, I found this product fell short on simply being a primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Jaytexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Did nothing to hide pores or prolong my makeup wear. In my opinion it was useless to put on. Just a layer of mess on your face. I would avoid purchasing if you have oily skin. This made my face more oily than usual and feel disgusting. I love Rimmel but this was garbage!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Mixed emotions on this product.I accidentally picked up the wrong "Rimmel" primer,not realizing there was more than one.I tried this out this morning.I didn't mind the orange color ,since I knew it would just blend in.What I didn't like it was the fact it didn't fill in any pore areas.It did stay on my entire work day.It's a hard decision whether or not to re-buy this.It wasn't terrible.It just may be the wrong product I'm looking for at the moment~

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by prasco162

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far after one use i really like this primer.. I've used other, much more expensive primers and this compares well to them.
(NYX primer, Stila Primer and Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, to name a few)
Some complained about the color of it but i found it to go on mostly clear once blended in.
I am 43, very fair skin tone (yellowish) and am beginning to show signes of aging, fine lines and larger pores on my cheeks and forehead. This primer filled them in nicely.
Today i used only my powder foundation by Bare Minerals and it looks great! I'm about half way through day and so far so good, make-up looks flawless and i am not shiny, my pores are definitely minimized. I am very pleased so far.
I will try this primer before using my Stila BB cream tomorrow and see how it works with that product.
I would even recommend this primer on its own with a mineral powder/mineral veil for quick, on the go days..
This primer is unscented.