November 24, 2014 | 1758 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Christian Dior Totale Liquid Foundation is a wonderful foundation for mature skin. It feels emollient on the skin, lasts all day and doesn't settle into fine lines.

As far as foundations sold in a bottle are concerned, the bottle is rather attractive and comes with a pump dispenser.

The cost is a bit pricey, imo, but if one can find a good color match, it is worth every penny.

One will read this review and wonder why I will not purchase the product again. Dior foundations are either noticeably too light, or noticeably too dark for my skin tone.

If Dior expands their color choices, I will definitely stop by their counter again for a color match.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by janehazel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a new liquid foundation and asked about this new one at the Dior counter. I bought into the entire sales pitch - I love a serum and when the SA said it's a foundation serum I dived for my credit card!I was however horrified by the price and should have listened to my internal alarm bells. Frankly I hate it.I want my money back Dior. I have very good, smooth skin but this ages me by settling into tiny lines, shining on my t-zone,emphasing my one enlarged pore and frankly behaving like a cheap foundation. I havn't noticed that it becomes darker though!Lucky me! As an all day wearing product I wouldn't rate it against other liquid foundations ( Chanel Aqua Lumiere) or powder foundations La Mer or Bare Essentials. To sum up : DON'T.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

I have this in shade 010 and it is a nice match for my skin tone (MAC 15-20, Asian fair skin with very yellow/green undertones). FYI, I have a really hard time finding shade matches for my skin. It provides a beautiful finish on my incredibly oily skin and its wears nicely. I usually wear Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer (to increase lasting power) or Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream (fuller coverage + additional sunscreen protection) underneath this foundation and I always set with powder. I apply with a stippling brush or flat top kabuki. It seems to blur my pores and provides a light-medium (buildable to full), flawless coverage.

I really love this foundation and my only wish is that it didn't contain alcohol and sodium chloride. Sodium chloride is on a lot of internet lists for "pore clogging ingredients" and I have sensitive skin prone to breakouts. Alcohol is supposed to be aging and irritating to sensitive skin. I have gone through about 1/3 the bottle and I haven't had breakouts or irritation while wearing this. Still, I'm probably not going to repurchase in the hopes of finding something like this without the sodium chloride and the alcohol. I also wish it didn't contain fragrance. The fragrance in this doesn't bother me, but I know it's not great for your skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by AshKay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a certifiable foundation addict, I thought I had found my hg foundation with Mac Prolong wear liquid foundation. But as every foundation junkie knows, there can always be a new hg. Sadly, as a 40 plus lady with natural facial aging, one would think I had learnt my lesson and would not fall for the sa "sales pitch". Oops I did it again....

So having tried Dior Nudeskin 5 years ago and enjoying it, I felt compelled to revisit the Dior counter to enquire about the newer Nudeskin formula. Instead, the Sa persuaded me to try the Capture Totale liquid foundation with spf25 aimed at us "aging gals". I should have known I was in trouble when she told me I was 110 as it "darkens after application" despite the fact that I was 20 nude beige in Nudeskin. Anytime, an Sa tells you willingly that a foundation darkens (sales-speak for oxidises) one should be forewarned. Not me. Anywho, I ended up throwing away $120 Aus dollars on a weak moment. I have used this foundation for the last 4 days and am really disappointed and angry at Dior for a below par product marketed as something special worthy of the exorbitant price. To be objective I will list pros and cons:

Pros
Medium to full coverage
Glowy appearance after applying
Glass bottle with pump

Cons
Settles and slips in lines making them more obvious like a roadmap for aging
Dries to a slight powdery finish highlighting any drier areas and accentuating lines
After 4 hrs wear, separated in areas with blotchy appearance
Oxidises dramatically and after 4 hrs leaves a muddy appearance
Ridiculously over priced at $120 (Aus dollars)
Causes spots/acne

I am back to my previous HG Mac Prolong wear...
Edit:ok now I am miffed... After 4 days use, my skin started to break out and NOT the usual pesky one or two hormonal monthly spots us gals are saddled with. I am angry enough to go back to Myer Dior counter and demand either my money back or a credit. So taking off the last lippie as big thumbs down to Dior

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me first say that I did not pay full price for this since I work in retail. However, even at the price I paid, I would not say it's worth it (and I paid much, much less than retail). As a foundation, it's mediocre and as a skincare product, it did squat. I'm very good about only using one foundation at a time and sticking to a skicare routine, so I can say without hesitation that this did nothing for my skin. It didn't make it worse, just didn't make any noticeable changes to texture, fine lines, developing age spots or anything else. As a foundation, I think it was aiming for full coverage and failed. This maxes out at medium coverage. It's a pretty thick liquid foundation and hard to spread. I usually mixed it with some moisturizer or some facial oil just to get it on. As for radiance, you can thank the finely milled mica in it because there is a ton. Once you get it on and let it set, though, it is not budging, so I guess that's good. Sadly, it's very drying and manages to settle into fine lines, and I have oily skin, so that's just unacceptable. Overall, it doesn't do a good job at being a foundation OR a skincare product. Not sure who this works for, but it certainly wasn't me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by fadedgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Cannot stand how much fragrance Dior is puts into everything, and this is no exception. You will get used it eventually, but its definitely not a classy scent by any means. Blech.

Getting over that, I tried this foundation in 4 different colors, and could not get a terrific match. My main gripe with this foundation is that it just doesn't last all day. It also was very dry, and settled into lines I didn't even know that I had.

I gave this foundation a lot more chances than I should have. I have since found that Amorepacific Cushion foundation, and their tinted moisturizer, are awesome. I'm also really liking Le Metier & Sisley liquid foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by GKam137

I am 25 - but bought this product mainly because the shade of the foundation seemed to match my skin (this is a very rare for me) so I took the plunge and bought this foundation.

The foundation goes on like a dream, feels soft and leaves a nice finish (not too matte and not too glowy - just in between). It looks really natural and feels hydrating too.

The next day, I notice that my skin feels good too. This foundation is a little bit on the expensive side but its quality is a lot better then the rest of the Dior foundations. You only need the tiniest amount too!

I do have oily skin and after a while I would notice that my foundation would go a little bit darker. But overall, the foundation did stay put.

I have stopped using this foundation as I found the Giorgio Armani one suited me better in terms of colour matching but otherwise it was a brilliant buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Parker2554

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become my favorite foundation. I am amazed how beautiful my skin looks after applying this foundation. I was matched to number 32 Rosy Beige. I would have never thought any product with the name rosy would match my skin. I have combination skin. I have used Guerlain Parure Gold and did not care for the color or the scent. I used LaPrairie for many years, but it does not compare to this foundation (for my skin) in any way. I do also like Hourglass Immaculate and Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation. However, this gives my skin a youthful glow. I've also used a few YSL products. (I love the green tea scent. However, I did not care for the long lasting foundation.) And of course I've used BB (too yellow), LM (too stone-ish looking), EL (find the colors odd) and Lancome (liked years ago, not recently) throughout the years, and Chanel (never able to find the One!). There has never been a product with the same results as Capture Totale. I find the scent very light and pleasant. I usually am matched to peach colors when they are available. And I am usually in the 20s not 30s (second levels of color rather than third). For those unable to find a color match in the 20s, you may want to try Rosy Beige. Its just a touch rosy. I find the coverage to be medium. Packaging is nice. The pump gives you a nice amount. And yes, it's pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by amandamg61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation really does improve the look of my skin. It looks smoother and fresher and not at all make-up-y.
For Winter this is my go-to foundation. In Summer I prefer Dior Forever as I live in quite a hot and humid area.
The shade 021 Linen is perfect for my very fair and ruddy toned skin and tones down the redness beautifully. Hard to get in this shade though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the MOST expensive foundation i have ever purchased. i was out at my local dillards looking for a new foundation to promote radiance and have a treatment to conceal my fine lines and give moisture to my thirsty desert skin. the SA steered me to this foundation, claiming it has all the treatment properties i was looking for and much more. she matched me to 031 and i said "ill take it!!" without seeing how much it was first. $85!!! what!?!?! I thought to myself this better be well worth it.. i tried it for about 4 days straight, and i just thought it was "eh" nothing special. it's now sitting under my bathroom sink along with the other 900 foundations i HAD to have at the time and is now just collecting dust.

I will not repurchase this only because it did not blow my socks off and for the price i paid i expected much better results from Dior. To me, it was just mediocre - comparable to a lesser expensive brand. * disappointed * :(