April 21, 2014 | 1098 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by fadedgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Cannot stand how much fragrance Dior is puts into everything, and this is no exception. You will get used it eventually, but its definitely not a classy scent by any means. Blech.

Getting over that, I tried this foundation in 4 different colors, and could not get a terrific match. My main gripe with this foundation is that it just doesn't last all day. It also was very dry, and settled into lines I didn't even know that I had.

I gave this foundation a lot more chances than I should have. I have since found that Amorepacific Cushion foundation, and their tinted moisturizer, are awesome. I'm also really liking Le Metier & Sisley liquid foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by GKam137

I am 25 - but bought this product mainly because the shade of the foundation seemed to match my skin (this is a very rare for me) so I took the plunge and bought this foundation.

The foundation goes on like a dream, feels soft and leaves a nice finish (not too matte and not too glowy - just in between). It looks really natural and feels hydrating too.

The next day, I notice that my skin feels good too. This foundation is a little bit on the expensive side but its quality is a lot better then the rest of the Dior foundations. You only need the tiniest amount too!

I do have oily skin and after a while I would notice that my foundation would go a little bit darker. But overall, the foundation did stay put.

I have stopped using this foundation as I found the Giorgio Armani one suited me better in terms of colour matching but otherwise it was a brilliant buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Parker2554

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become my favorite foundation. I am amazed how beautiful my skin looks after applying this foundation. I was matched to number 32 Rosy Beige. I would have never thought any product with the name rosy would match my skin. I have combination skin. I have used Guerlain Parure Gold and did not care for the color or the scent. I used LaPrairie for many years, but it does not compare to this foundation (for my skin) in any way. I do also like Hourglass Immaculate and Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation. However, this gives my skin a youthful glow. I've also used a few YSL products. (I love the green tea scent. However, I did not care for the long lasting foundation.) And of course I've used BB (too yellow), LM (too stone-ish looking), EL (find the colors odd) and Lancome (liked years ago, not recently) throughout the years, and Chanel (never able to find the One!). There has never been a product with the same results as Capture Totale. I find the scent very light and pleasant. I usually am matched to peach colors when they are available. And I am usually in the 20s not 30s (second levels of color rather than third). For those unable to find a color match in the 20s, you may want to try Rosy Beige. Its just a touch rosy. I find the coverage to be medium. Packaging is nice. The pump gives you a nice amount. And yes, it's pricey.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by amandamg61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation really does improve the look of my skin. It looks smoother and fresher and not at all make-up-y.
For Winter this is my go-to foundation. In Summer I prefer Dior Forever as I live in quite a hot and humid area.
The shade 021 Linen is perfect for my very fair and ruddy toned skin and tones down the redness beautifully. Hard to get in this shade though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the MOST expensive foundation i have ever purchased. i was out at my local dillards looking for a new foundation to promote radiance and have a treatment to conceal my fine lines and give moisture to my thirsty desert skin. the SA steered me to this foundation, claiming it has all the treatment properties i was looking for and much more. she matched me to 031 and i said "ill take it!!" without seeing how much it was first. $85!!! what!?!?! I thought to myself this better be well worth it.. i tried it for about 4 days straight, and i just thought it was "eh" nothing special. it's now sitting under my bathroom sink along with the other 900 foundations i HAD to have at the time and is now just collecting dust.

I will not repurchase this only because it did not blow my socks off and for the price i paid i expected much better results from Dior. To me, it was just mediocre - comparable to a lesser expensive brand. * disappointed * :(

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by mbabe

I have been hearing about this foundation for sometimes now. I was very curious as what is the hype about. Honestly, I think it is no more than tinted moisturizer. One can easily buy nice moisturizer and apply any nice foundation over it. Thankfully I got few samples and tried them over and over again. But each time the result was the same of a tinted moisturizer. Don't waste your money. You are better off with a nice moisturizer and a normal foundation. Just for your information, I use Chanel Perfection Lumiere. Besides, I do not understand how can the anti aging properties work on your skin as you will apply a moisturizer or a make base prior to foundation, which will create a layer between skin and foundation. Thus the anti aging properties will not be able to be in touch with the skin directly. Somehow, Dior doesnot seem to have thought through it. Everyone wants to look young and thus it is a good marketing strategy.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY PLEASE.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Final Update: In short, I tried this product in a couple of colors (020, 021, 023), and they all oxidized to a dark orange. No match and this line runs darker than other Dior foundations with the same numbers, in addition to having a oxidization issue as well. 023 was the closest match for my light olive skin-tone. I'm not fair skinned, so there shouldn't be a problem, but these colors are way off. The coverage is very light and slippery. As in, beware if you are oily. I'm combo and this stuff started slipping off at the beginning of the day during in winter. I applied primer and power, but still no good.

Preliminary Review:
It may be a little early to write a review, and frankly, I'm not exactly sure this is HG material. But I do know that I do like this foundation enough to purchase more, especially during the winter months. This isn't exactly a moisturizing foundation, but it doesn't facilitate drying me out either.

The first time I tried this foundation, I thought what's the big deal. I guess I was expecting something to jump right out at me to affirm its price. From what I've read, the new formula runs thin and will not hide imperfections without layering. That's where I went wrong when trying it the first time and not liking it, along with using the wrong application (sponge). The 2nd time I tried it, I used more and my new Shiseido Foundation Brush. Now, I really like the overall effect of this foundation.

I've been wearing it now for a couple of weeks and I really like how it's long wearing and doesn't dry out my skin. What gives me pause is the fact the tone is a little off and I have to layer it. I purchased 21 Linen, and yep, it's yellow and a bit too deep for me. It blends okay with my foundation brush, but I can definitely tell it's not a perfect match. I have light olive skin, that tends to be between beige and yellow shades. I took home a sample of 020 Light Beige and it's just a different tone, but maybe a tad lighter than 021, just much more beige, with subtle pink undertones. Neither are a perfect match, so I may mix the two. I don't consider myself exactly fair, so I don't see how light skinned girls will be able to find a shade that matches. On another negative note, this foundations seems to oxidize just a tad.

One thing I do really like is the bottle's applicator control. It doesn't squirt all over the place and it doesn't deposit too much at one time. As far as anti-wrinkle and smoothing effects, I really can't say since I'm 35 and have no wrinkles, but it doesn't seem to settle into fine lines at the beginning of the day. So, for the time being I think this is the one for me. In the mean time, I ordered a full 020 and 023 (peachy beige) to see if I find a better tonal match, without having to resort to mixing.

1st Update: Well, I'm already doubting that I'll be keeping this foundie around. It turns out the sample I got of this in 020 from Nordies was actually Dior Nude. The color wasn't a match but I really liked the coverage. Strange because I've tried Nude when it first came out and I didn't like it for whatever reason.

In any case, I went back to the mall, figured the "thicker" foundation I had was Nude and discovered 023 was a match. Great because I don't think I'll be able to find a match with Capture Totale and I've changed my mind about bothering with mixing tones-life and mornings are too short for that nonsense. All the colors seem to be off with this line, including 023 & 021. The numbers are oddly a little different between all the Dior Foundations. I still have 020 and 023 in Capture Totale being sent to me, but frankly I don't think I'll keep them due to the light coverage and the strange tones.

For those interested, 023 in Capture Totale is definitely Peach in color. I didn't try it on my face yet, but it looked pretty peach and very different than 023 in the Nude line. Finding a color match for my light Olive skin is very difficult to say the least. Being between Neutral and Yellow is a nightmare, but light peach seems to be good match for Olive-Peachy tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my second favourite foundation, my HG is Guerlain Gold Parure but it is more expensive.
The packaging is beautiful, although I am holding my breath for the pump to break because this happened to my Dior Nude.

Nevertheless, this foundation is very nice. Provides medium coverage that is buildable, finish is satin/dewy, staying powder is excellent & does not cake/melt on my skin. The scent is not too bad.

I have shade 21 & is great for yellow undertones.
This is pricey though, but well worth purchasing for me since I have such a hard time finding foundation that works on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by danafinfin

Amazing foundation - HG for life. Beautiful dewy finish, luxurious feel, hides fine lines and large pores...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Totally worth the price for me. Furthermore, the bottle lasts me an avg. of 5 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

Coming from someone who adores Dior foundations, this review shall come as no surprise. Yes, I own up that Dior makes foundations that work for me. This one is no exception. The finish provides light to medium coverage and dries to a satin finish. It is not greasy (but I do not recommend this for oily folks) and it does set after a few seconds. After feeling Vitalumiere streak, smear and leave a greasy mess on my mature skin, I was so happy to return to Dior. The bottle is lovely and has a nice pump which dispenses just the right amount of product. This is pricey, no doubt. Shades are limited, and you may not be able to find one that works. Linen works for NW 20/25.