October 24, 2014 | 971 users online

Lips - Rimmel - Lip Bloomer Stain/Plumper

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish this came in other colors because the cherry red doesnt work so well for me..that being said the color will last most all of the day just apply the gloss after eating...the stain goes on watery and then you put the clear gloss over it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by katykatt

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The stain doesn't stain, the plumper doesn't plump. That being said, I don't expect much from lip plumpers, and this one meets those expectations. Has the tingle, but is just a heavy, sticky gloss. I love lip stains, and I don't know why, but I'm compelled to cheat on Vincent Longo from time to time in the hope of finding a cheaper and more readily available stain. This doesn't stain at all, wipes right off. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by balletflat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stain/gloss.

The stain is a bright red that dries down into a sheer wash of cherry color. It needs to dry first before the gloss is applied. Once the gloss is applied lips instantly look fuller, softer, and very wet and shiny! I love this because it is the perfect red color for my super pale skin. The gloss is superb!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by igrayne01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ehh. The stain part of it seems very watery and doesn't stick to my lips at all. In fact, as soon as I brushed it on, it pretty much disappeared. Sucks. I really had high hopes for the stain since it looked really good in the tube. The plumper, on the other hand, is awesome! That's the side I use the most! Overall, the product is only okay. I won't be rebuying.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by LilyGrace23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was interested in the stain part. I have never used a stain and was very curious if it would last longer than lipstick/gloss. after reading some reviews on revlon's lip stain, I thought I would try a cheaper version. The color is a very bright red and looks a little scary but when you put it on it, it's a lot sheerer.
I LOVE the gloss part and wish you could buy this seperate in a full size. Together it looks gorgeous, very shiny. It lasted about half the day, which is alot longer than lipstick lasts for me. you have to wait a few minutes for the stain to dry before applying the plumping gloss. Over all I am extremely happy with this and will definitely buy again.
I only gave 4 lipies because I have never used a stain and have nothing to compare it to.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by gonzogolas

I really like this product. It's great for so cheap. The stain dries sticky, which is kind of weird. But the color is good. The lip gloss is to die for. It works so well and leaves such a wet finish. Together, it looks really good. It looks like I've been eating a cherry popsicle, which is exactly what I wanted. I wish that just the stain alone was better, but for so cheap, I'm happy with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by FedoraJane

Received this in a swap from the wonderful Melly7.

This is an interesting product - a combination of a plumping gloss and what is supposed to be a lipstain. This is a very awesome idea in theory, but it's execution falls short.

The limp-plumper end is wonderful, and if there is a God, he will see to it that Rimmel offers it for purchase as a seperate, full-size in the future. It's a clear gloss that performs well visually and texture wise. It gives your lips a smoothing, wet look. The formula is thick but non-sticky, tastes like candy, seems to increasebloodflow to the lips for a healthier look, and leaves a tingling feeling that is stimulating during kissing. Awesome.

Too bad the lipstain end fails. I actually have a hard time calling this a stain in the first place - because that would imply that it was a liquid that stains your lips for kiss-proof color. This is actually more of a bizarre gel that dries into a film that will seperate and kiss off if you dare put gloss over it.