September 20, 2014 | 1714 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Moisture Serum

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Unlike the day and night creams in this range - both of which my skin didn't agree with in the slightest - this has actually been a pretty good serum so far. I have combination skin (oily on the t-zone, drier on the cheeks) so I'm not overly concerned with hydrating my skin. However, even with combination skin like mine, it's still important to moisturise and I'm always on the lookout for a good all-round serum to use in combination with my regular moisturiser.

This is a very pleasant, lightweight serum that applies very easily and sinks into the skin pretty quickly. I find I only need one full pump to cover my whole face, which means the 30ml bottle has lasted me well over a month already even when it using twice a day. The pump bottle is easy to use too and dispenses just the right amount of product, meaning it's less inclined to wastage.

The only downsides to this are the scent and the ingredients. It has a very heavy aroma to me, which I find off-putting in products you apply directly to the facial area. I prefer my face products to be fragrance free. As for the ingredients, it's a l-o-n-g list, 5 of which are parabens. With the increasing demand for natural products you would have thought TBS would be moving away from these more outdated ingredients by now, but apparently not. And it's for these two reasons that I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by michelina28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was given a generous free sample of this product when I purchased the Vitamin E Cleanser (which I am also loving). I have seriously dry skin and have used a Mt Everus sized mountain of products trying to combat it. NOTHING has worked, from $100 serums to Coconut oil I have found nothing, except this. I really was suprised at how this made my skin feel. I use it at night without moisturiser and in the morning wake up to glowing hydrated skin. My skin is no longer stretched, tight or dry but feels plump and youthful. It doesn't break me out either which I found with other oils (Argan, coconut). Great product and will keep repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by underage

This keeps my dry skin moisturized in the winter! I don't have extremely dry skin but it did start to feel tight and uncomfortable. I use this daily under my moisturizer and makeup and I no longer have that tight dry feeling. I also bought the night cream but it made me break out so I just use this with my regular olay cream. I will repurchase next winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Rajisunder

I loved this serum I have purchased it second time in a sale it keeps me hydrated I don't need a moisturizer over this loved the package as well single pump is sufficient for the whole face

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have very dehydrated, dry skin which absolutely nothing seems to help, and most things seem to make worse. I use a very rich moisturizer right now, but I still would have dry patches, which is very unfortunate when it comes to applying a foundation, because, well, dry patches are obvious and really not pretty.
This serum is not moisturizing in and of itself; it feels more like a primer, but a primer that sinks into your skin. I use this before my moisturizer at night, and it has helped my skin tremendously; I wake up with soft, smooth, hydrated skin which my base can just glide over beautifully.
Overall, I like this product. You must use it in conjunction with a moisturizer, but it has worked well for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I started out using the Vitamin E Moisture Cream and then slowly transitioned into using nearly everything from this line -- all of which I LOVE, including this serum! I read that serums are the best thing to use underneath sunscreen or moisturizer with sunscreen, and that is the main reason I bought this. Just be aware that this was meant to be used in conjunction WITH a moisturizer, as it even says "pre-moisturizer" on the tube. Those who try to use this on its own might find themselves disappointed. I use this on my skin after cleansing -- morning and night. It makes my skin silky smooth and supple after application, and this carries on even after I've applied moisturizer or sunscreen and throughout the entire day. This is expensive at $21 regular price, but luckily TBS frequently has sales so those are the best times to stock up. This is the BEST product to apply before moisturizer with SPF, as it creates a smooth base and gives your skin extra hydration. I also had a slight problem with dry flakiness in between my brows, but since I started using this serum, that issue has disappeared completely. It's safe to say that I am in LOVE with the entire TBS Vitamin E line! I use the cream cleanser, face mist, serum, moisture cream and eye cream. And since converting to this line, I have noticed a significant improvement in the look and texture of my skin. I will continue to repurchase the entire Vitamin E line for as long as TBS makes it, which I hope will be forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't do anything... If you're using this for the vitamin e benefits, try argan oil if you haven't already... Cheaper, all natural, and actually works...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Eintchuhlaing

I have very dry and dehydrated skin and it slightly have burn feeling when I apply it . I think it works okay for me, but I have to use 2 pumps on single usage , whenever I use one pump and vitamin e moisturizer cream , I still see some dry area on my skin. And the bottle cost around 35 $ in singapore and it last only for a month. The price is expensive but I will still repurchase again if there is promotion

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I've only used this serum a couple of times, after washing and before using moisturizer or makeup. Actually, I bought it so that I could use a light moisturizer under foundation without it being super sticky or heavy (especially in Australian humidity). It's okay, there's nothing wrong with it but I don't find it especially hydrating or calming or beneficial really. I do like that it feels quite light and absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy or oily film - putting foundation or BB cream on top of it is fine, which is nice. But I will probably continue my search for a facial serum before re-purchasing this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

it seems like there are so many serums and oils on the market today. I used this in conjunction with the Body Shop Vitamin E moisturizer, which I didn't mind. This didn't do it for me though. I was hoping it would make any difference (just something!) for my scarring but it hasn't done anything as far as I can tell. I don't find it super moisturizing and for all the competition this could get, it is a non-event for me. I'll use it up but I wouldn't write home about it.