October 1, 2014 | 1943 users online

Other - Lancome - Eyelash Curler

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Annabellagrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this Lancome eyelash curler online for a bargain price, and I didn't know what to expect as I had been reading mixed reviews, and for the cheap price, I wasn't expecting anything insanely grand.
I love it, simple. I hold it on my eyelashes for 20 seconds, remove and if it hasn't reached the full curl I want to achieve, I curl for a little longer. I have fairly long eye lashes, but they aren't very thick and therefore I normally apply mascara even if curling. But with this curler, I can leave 'au naturel' or apply mascara. :)
You have to be careful that the curler doesn't pinch, don't pull on the curler whilst curling your lashes, or you will strain your eyelid and eyelashes, and may (you are likely too) pull some lashes out (I speak from experience!)
When I needed more silicone refills for the curler, I couldn't find a new one in time, so I bought a simple drugstore curler as back up and the refills fitted in my lancome curler, which was awesome. Now I can use them until the curler or refills need changing. If you use this curler after curling your lashes with mascara on them, (something you're supposedly NOT meant to do, but I sometimes do anyway), just wipe the mascara off with a makeup wipe and it's good to go again.
All in all, great curler, i'd definately buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by jennysmi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My mom gets free gifts whenever she buys something from Lancome at Macy's, and I always get these Lancome eyelash curlers. For the first couple months, maybe even a year, I thought the eyelash curler did an amazing job. I have sparse and straight asian lashes, and it gave me the oomph I needed. Unfortunately, it has recently plucked away my lower lashes at the outer corners of my eyes. I thought maybe I needed another replacement pad, but that was not the case. With my barely there lower lashes, I do not need an eyelash curler in my collection that continues to minimize my lashes. Even though I receive these as free gifts, I won't be using them again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by sugaryumyum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

as for everyone that had their eyelashes cut off from the metal, lancome did provide one extra replacement so yup. it curls my eyelashes great but you have to careful not to press to hard or it will make that 90 degree L shape. uglyyy

it curls my asian straight eyelashes nicely. this is the first eyelash curler ive used but i think once im done with the replacement, i will buy the shisheido eyelash curler because this one does not get my outer lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 8:07:00 AM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been curling my eyelashes for years and years, and this is easily the worst curler I've used. On more than one occasion, this curler has CUT my lashes. I'm not pressing down unusually hard, and no other curler has done this to me, so I'm pretty sure the product itself is the culprit. There is nothing truly as horrifying as accidentally cutting off half your eyelashes - after it happened twice, I tossed it in the trash. Absolute garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Alikt

First off, I don't know how much this cost or the packaging because it was given to me by my friend when she used to work for Lancome. I had this curler for a litle under a year, and it worked well intially. But, a few weeks ago I noticed that a huge chunk of my eyelashes had been snipped! I didn't realize when it had happened, but I immediatly checked my curler to see if it was the culprit. The rubber liner had worn away in one section exactly were my missing lashes would have been. This left exposed metal, which seems to have cut my lashes! Maybe I should have been more diligent about inspecting my curler with every use, but I have never had this happen with any other curler in the past. And, I think it is terrible that this happened with under a year of use. I would definitely tell all buyers to beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFashionista

Like majority of the reviewers I got this as a GWP. I have to say I was a bit skeptical of using it, especially since they were giving them away. But I truly use this every time I curl my lashes. It works well for my normal-type of lashes. I would purchase if they actually sold it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by jcz9110024

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this in a gwp and i really like this curler. I'm asian and so i have strait lashes that point downward and this makes them look like i have fake lashes. it curls them so beautifully. occasionally on my off days it pulls out some lashes but thats rare. Too bad lancome doesn't actually sell it. =(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2003 9:54:00 AM More reviews by snowcone831

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did nothing for my straight hard to curl lashes. But to be fair even the Shu Umera does nothing for my lashes. Oh well back to the eyelash perm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2002 9:39:00 PM More reviews by CarolynF

I was not curling my lashes since my Shu eyelash curler died. Like Kelly, I received this in a GWP and this works great!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2002 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Kelly

I got this in a recent GWP (good timing since my Shu was dead) and I really like it a lot! It curls my already long lashes really, really well (better than my Shu did!!) I am glad I did not buy a new curler yet (I was going to try the Shiseido one next). I saved $13 (for now! LOL!)