October 22, 2014 | 1121 users online

Lip Gloss - Christian Dior - Rouge Dior Creme de Gloss Rouge Nectar

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 6:53:00 AM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is what I've been looking for. Long lasting, highly pigmented, glossy, easy to apply. I've always dreamt of wearing red but it sort of didn't suit me. This lip gloss (no845) helped me believe I can look good in red.Not as bold as a lipstick, this lip gloss gave mi the confidence I lacked. Now I own a whole collection of reds. I will definitely buy this liquid lipstick again in another colour

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by BebeLush

This is my fave red gloss. Light and creamy, it's more like a lipstick, as some of you have already pointed out, than a traditional gloss. Not sticky or gooey feeling at all, feels like powder on the lips. I also like the taste too. The color is a traditional red with more orange overtones than blue or pink. This looks perfect with my pink overtones. How long does it last? Much longer than I expected and it hardly fades at all, even after my first cup of coffee. Expensive but worth every dime.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So this is NOT a gloss, it's more of a liquid lipstick. It's very close to a true red, though it fades out coral on my lips. (For which reason, I'd recommend wearing a lip liner underneath so your "fade color" is closer to the product color.) Very much a strong lip color. Unlike most red lipsticks (i.e. MAC and NARS) this is VERY moisturizing, soft and comfortable on your lips. However, because it's so soft and dark, I find you have to be very careful with how you apply it AND it migrates all over your face very easily. (Teeth, red hair trails on face, etc.) Because this was advertised as a "gloss", I was sort of expecting something a little bit easier and more wearable. But if you are looking for a moisturizing red lipstick with high impact color and glamorous packaging, this is the one for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by db01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just rediscovered this in my stash. It is the red I have been looking for all fall. Can be worn sheered out for day or more intensely for evening. A combo lipgloss and lipstick with a doefoot applicator. Stays fairly long on on my lips. Leaves a slight stain after usage. Makes me want to try another shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by yumemiru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have color 345, a peach colored lip gloss. The consistancy feels between a lipstick and a lipgloss combined in one. Very moisturizing and very nice pigment. I use the alone by itself. I'm not sure if this was a LE or not. I bought it during the 2007 winter / Christmas collection. Like all other HE stuff, a bit expensive, but worth it. Cute packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Seraphic

Dark moody red with a lovely smell, it's pretty much a creamier more hydrating lipstick. Definitely worth a look at if you find most lipsticks too drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by la_petite_pipistrelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Crème de Gloss 845 Rouge Nectar is a wonderfully luscious glossy red in an easy-to-wear non-sticky liquid lipstick formula. Colourwise, I would compare this Rouge Nectar shade with the red of the now d/c Chanel Infrarouge 02 Scarlet, both in depth and hue; it is warmer in tone than the nearest equivalent product, the Guerlain KissKiss laque 720 Rouge Hollywood. There is the subtlest hint of low-key shimmer and that, coupled with the comfortably moisturising quality, works to give my dryish lips a more attractively plumped-up look. Although not as heavily pigmented as the Guerlain laque formula, it is still definitely pigmented enough to wear nicely throughout the day. (In fact, it survived a Cape Byron vanilla-bean choctop at the Dendy cinemas; simply pursing my lips was enough to redistribute the remaining colour evenly, leaving a pretty and flattering lipstain). This very satisfactory lip product is sensibly packaged in a clear oblong plastic tube with the now-familiar Rouge Dior indigo top and chrome accents, and comes with a doefoot sponge applicator. Note: it wears best when used with a quality lipliner or lip primer, since it does feather a little round the edges if applied on unlined lips. It also layers beautifully with many of my red lipsticks, though actually I do love it quite well enough on its own.

I'm extremely happy with this, the more so since I bought it untested nearly as soon as I discovered its existence—one of the fastest journeys from lemming-to-purchase in my regrettably consumer-addled little life. continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 7:22:00 AM More reviews by juliaesands

The ads for this gloss with Monica Bellucci are everywhere and I got sucked in once I tried the tester. The gloss itself is an incredible, luxurious and LIGHT- it is a mix between a gloss and a lipstick because it does have a bit of shine, but easily easily it can be made more matte. It slides right over my lips and it is SO comfortable, I forget I'm wearing it! Rouge Nectar is a deep but brilliant jewel-tone red shade with slight shimmer. It falls into the berry-red (but deep) and it blots beautifully (I like a stained, popsicle look). It lasts a LONG time as well- even when the shine has worn off, you still have the beautiful red stain from the color. I am really interested in these, also because they are SO moisturizing- I would like to get a few more colors, including the pink that is LE this season. It was beautiful! I'm such a junkie (more lip gloss is the LAST thing I need)-

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No