Biotin (All brands)

3.5

on 7/13/2015 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I am taking the 10,000 mcg and noticing no change at all in my hair or nails. This may be due to menopause. I used Biotin when I was younger and it did seem to help my nails at least. Will keep taking (and hoping). My hair is dry and color-treated and my nails which were awesome once upon a time are peeling and one fingernail keeps splitting down the middle. Can't expect a miracle in a bottle at my age (57).

on 7/9/2015 12:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been taking biotin for 3 weeks, taking two 1,000 mg pills every other day (not for any reason. I forget to take it a lot.). I decided to take it because my nails were so weak i could peel pieces off very easily. A few days ago it hit me just how well it was working. My nails are already stronger and theyve got a nice shine to them! But the biggest difference is my hair! I have frizzy, tangly, weak, curly hair. It had been falling out or breaking easily for awhile and I was trying to solve the problem with products. Biotin was the product that pleasantly surprised me. My hair is still tangly but its also shiny and way less frizzy. It also breaks way less often. Thirdly, my skin. It also has a nice shine/glow now, though my acne and other skin problems are still around. Its not a miracle pill but it will pleasantly surprise you!

on 6/11/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Warning....DO NOT take this stuff if you are already acne prone. I decided to try Biotin at 500mcg because I wanted to grow my hair out and read that it would help it grow faster. While that may be true, what they don't tell you is that if you are already acne prone it will clog every single pore with gunk from the inside out. Seriously - I ended up with cystic acne with hard white cores in them that needed to be extracted by my derm. One of them even made a tiny icepick scar. I had sebaceous filaments sticking out of my chin to the point where they were above the surface of the skin and excess sebum literally oozing out of my pores.

I am only giving this two stars because it did make my hair grow. However, who cares if you have long hair if your skin is a mess....never again.

I honestly don't know if taking double the amount most people take (5,000g) of biotin is safe but I do it and I've had amazing results. My skin cleared and my hair has grown more that usual in just the past month. I haven't noticed a big difference in my nails but I'll continue to take biotin and see what happens. Everyday I wake up and look forward to breakfast so that I can take my biotin. It is seriously the most amazing thing for my hair and skin.

on 6/10/2015 8:13:00 PM

This review is for the Alive gummies which have biotin in them.I've taking these for about 2 months and they are awesome for hair growth I actually had to start taking one every other day because my hair was growing so quickly. I do see a difference in my nails too but not as much as my hair.If your hair grows slow,try these!

on 3/7/2015 9:42:00 AM

I was skeptical about taking biotin it just seemed too good to be true. I was also worried because I have acne prone skin and everyone was saying it broke them out. I wanted to take biotin for hair growth because I got a hair cut that was very short and I didn't like it. I love biotin! I have been taking it about 1 month now and have noticed a huge difference in many things. With my hair I have noticed about 1 inch of new growth since my hair cut. I do have to say my hair does grow extremely fast on its own and that could also be why. I have also noticed that my "fly aways" or frizz in my hair is growing into a normal long hair! I am super happy about that! The biggest difference I have noticed is in my skin believe it or not. Everyone is saying that they broke out from this....my skin cleared up! I have been battling adult acne for years and have used a few products that helped but this litterally just made it go away. I am shocked I expected a crazy breakout from other reviews. I am also taking the biotin with fish oil and I drink 3 liters of water a day. I have noticed a massive difference in my nails also my nails are growing like a weed and are strong and aren't peeling like they used to! I am very impressed with this product. to review I'm taking: biotin 5000 mcg- vegan capsule from a health food store. fish oil 500 mg 3 liters (at least) of water a day but I'm 5 foot 10 inches if you're short you could do like 2 liters.

on 3/6/2015 4:20:00 AM

Really really helped with my hair growth and nail strength. Always take with a meal

on 2/14/2015 10:19:00 PM

I have been using biotin for the past 6 months to help grow my hair and prevent hair fall. it did not break me out at all and can report quick hair growth and less hair fall. I stopped taking it for about a month and noticed an increase in hair fall, so am religiously taking 10,000mcg per day. this product works for me.

on 2/11/2015 7:12:00 PM

Broke me out in 3 days! Gave me a huge cystic spot and a few other little gems. I bought the gummies for my hair because it's very long but it sheds a lot so I thought biotin would help with that. Sadly I will never know because you couldn't pay me to take it again! I took 2500mcgs with food and tons of water and within 3 days and I didn't change my skin care regime I got 2 painful spots that are going away now. But the huge one still here! I'm drinking water like mad to flush this out of me. It's a good vitamin and I probably needed a lower dose. Now though I don't want to find out. The zit I have right now is so not worth loosing a couple of hairs. Just do your research before you take this that would be my advice from my experience with it.

on 2/11/2015 6:19:00 PM

Be careful ........ Taking this supplement made me get Hyperkalemia. (high potassium) Hyperkalemia can cause heart attacks. I'd advise doing your research and getting your blood checked after using it for sometime. I only used it for a month or two so I did not see a change in my hair or skin.

Popular Treatments