September 16, 2014 | 1958 users online

Primer/ Corrector - TheFACEShop - Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in China, it's dirty cheap. I like it so far, my face is very oily but it didnt make it greasy. I have used two other primers before: A sephora, which makes my skin really smooths and a shu uemura. To be honest, this one is not worse than shu uemura. It does a great job for a cheap product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by s2ranghae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is simply perfect for its price if you're looking for something that will prevent you're skin from being oily throughout the day, isn't overwhelmingly expensive- for people who perhaps are still a bit new in makeup and don't want to invest a fortune on it but want a decent quality. I bought this at the shop for about $12 AUD so I was pretty happy with how this worked, it helped my face so much with the make up on top and was definitely worth the price as opposed to paying $35 or $50 primer. There is also a decent amount of liquid so it won't run out any time soon!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by thupham2

This is a very oily product. You can't tell if you do a patch test on your hand coz the chalky powder that is mixed into the cream dominates the surface and you are tricked into thinking that it is actually dry. You need to have bought it and worn a full-face of it for a day to realise how heavy....and greasy it is.

I put a blob of this on my blotting paper next to a blob of my foundation (do the same if you own any). Watch the oil seep out the sheet 4hrs! It is crazy...then imagine that much oil on your face. This definitely contains a lot of oil (mineral oil?)...and explains why my face frequently felt heavy and greasy throughout the day after using this as a primer (Oddly enough, it feels chalky and dry right after application).

It is a decent green color corrector and definitely does a fine job of muting down redness, but it is not worth the compromise of a thick, suffocated feeling + oily appearance. The oil ingredient in this reflects the cheapness of the product which comes as no surprise.
If you want quality, texture and long-lastingness, look elsewhere. This only gets thumbs ups for the anti-redness but fails in everything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got it on Ebay for 1,99 pounds which is extremely cheap compared to it's lovelyness :) It is a great base for your makeup, it makes your base last all day long and evens out skin tone (reduces mild to severe redness) extremely well! The only thing I don't like about it is that it makes my skin a bit oily and it breaks me out if I use it more than two days a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by azncrow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product Description: "Oil-free, non-sticky makeup base helps skin banish unwanted shine for fresh makeup. Green neutralizes redness and evens out skin tone. For combination to oily skin. Size: 40ml/1.4fl.oz."

PROS:
Neutralizes redness very well
Very small amount needed
Provides a matte finish
Smooths and evens out complexion
Helps makeup last longer
No Fragrance
Very affordable for amount
CONS:
Strong pale white cast if too much is used
Somewhat drying
Can be difficult to blend due to thick texture
Doesn't really control oil
Contains silicones, for those who are sensitive
Can be hard to find
Final Thoughts:

I suffer from redness around the nose, mouth, and cheeks so I really wanted to neutralize them. I've had this product for over a year and found it to be an affordable corrector for redness. It works very well with what it's supposed to do, so I will continue to use this product but I am on the lookout for a better primer/corrector.

A little goes a long way with this. Only a small amount is needed to help neutralize the redness, otherwise you WILL be left with a whitish cast. The texture is also thick and a bit drying, so blending it in may be somewhat difficult. It doesn't seem to control oil, but it does prolong the wear of foundation. This could probably be used by all skin types as long as you properly moisturize beforehand, since it does seem a bit drying even on my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by purfyoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best primer I've ever had. People even ask me if I use any foundation because my face looks natural and smooth with this primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I just bought the green one and I'm testing it right now. It definitely made my skin smoother and a lot paler (which is what I'm aiming for anyways) however my face feels a little bit .. heavy for lack of a better word.
My skin is pretty fair but I have rosacea~ this base seems to do the trick with that.
Anyways seems like it's worth the 3$ I payed for it (PS I live in Korea :) )

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by dreamqueen

I want a million of these! If you use it all over your face or too much, yes it will leave a white cast in the pictures. I just use a little for the nose and cheeks, sometimes under the eye. It helps brighten my face, makes my foundation look waaaaay better, skin look smoother... best of all keeps oil at bay. Thanks to this I don't need to oil blot every hour or be so worried that I would look like a horrible oily mess. I used this during the holidays. It also saved me bathroom time, before during night outs after 4-5 hours I have to remove and re-apply make up. Now no need.
I just have to be careful, I might go overboard and would leave a white ghastly and ghostly cast.
EDIT: it's too white, I realized I don't need this to combat oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by saphiric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

The Face Shop is a Korean drugstore brand, so this product was dirt cheap. I can say the same for the quality--it's a drugstore brand quality, like the American version of E.L.F or Wet n Wild.
Don't really know what all the hype is about this product. I was estatic to find something that wouldn't break me out and silicone-free while still remaining affordable, and I thought this would be it. Sadly, my expectations were not met. This primer left a white cast similar to what sunscreen does on my face. Makes me ghastly pale and sickly looking. I guess that's how it "covers" facial redness, by making you look like you have a white mask on. The blendability of this sucks too, really not smooth and extremely tacky, especially when you try to layer it on other skincare products.

I've used it once, will NOT use again. I'm putting it up for swap if anyone's interested.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by redchinamarker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a horrible day recently when I used my Neutrogena Wave with a washcloth and some heavy cleanser then accidentally used a harsh toner and, idiotically, a Skin Food peach sake sheet mask. (I mean, it's a great mask, but pouring SAKE on my already irritated skin?)

The next day I was still red EVERYWHERE and I grabbed this in desperation. For such a low price, there's a LOT of product. It has the consistency of tinted moisturizer and is very easy to apply. It immediately toned down the redness and after the rest of my makeup I looked completely normal. Best of all, it didn't further irritate my skin. I didn't try to spot-correct anything and I think the consistency would not be ideal for small things like pimples, but across large areas of skin this works very well.

I also really like the packaging. The tube compresses as you use it, like toothpaste, so it feels substantial and you always know how much you have left.