April 17, 2014 | 1015 users online

Treatments - Prescriptives - Super Line Preventor Xtreme

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by mirrah

I got hooked on this product after I got a sample of this in a gift with purchase from Prescriptives 3/4 years ago. I use it day and night and really like it. Its not heavy or greasy, absorbs quickly, and a few drops goes a long way. In the morning I put it on before my moisturizer, and I feel like it preps my skin for my foundation to go on smoothly. I'm sad now knowing that it will no longer be available, and that I'll have to search for something to replace it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by YUPP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I use this serum day and night, but only on my laugh lines which are very prominent on my face. I think I am going to try to use the serum all over my face and see what happens. I have acne prone skin that tends to be dehydrated during the winter time. I will update the post.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by brianadecaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me just start by saying mom used this for many years, from the time it came out in the 80s until very recently. She is 56 and her skin looks amazing. I just turned 29, so I am really starting to be concerned about anti-aging products, but most of them make me break out. Yeah, I'm fighting acne AND wrinkles at the same time. Lucky me! This product has not caused one single breakout. In fact, I think that this actually seems to help my breakouts heal faster. It is not sticky or heavy at all and is absorbed right away into my skin. I love that I can use it on my eyes as well, so I don't use a separate eye cream.

I've been using this morning and night for about 8 weeks and the fine lines I do have seem to have diminished slightly. What I really notice, though, is that my whole complexion is brighter and healthier looking. I put it on before moisturizer and makeup and seems to make my foundation and concealer go on more smoothly. I also put it on under my night cream, or skip the night cream entirely if the weather is humid.

I also put this on after I get Glycolic peels or Microdermabrasion and it's so soothing, and again, non irritating at all. Bottom line is that I am hooked on this stuff for sure. I've seen it on eBay for cheaper than the Prescriptives counter, but given a little goes a long way, I wouldn't mind paying full price for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by misroule

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great, and thanks to Prescriptives' free samples I've had about a year's free supply. The hylauronic acid has a nice plumping effect, and we're all aware of the benefits of antioxidants. It doesn't mix particularly well with my concealer, so I use this at night underneath a heavier cream. It feels great going on and visibly reduces lines. I like the nifty eye-dropper packaging too, very sanitary. I probably won't buy it because it's so expensive, but I'll continue to stock up on samples when making other purchases.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 6:25:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got suckered into buying this product with no clue if it would really work for me. The SA kept applying gobs of it before my foundation (which is why I had come to the Px counter in the first place...foundation) Anyway, turns out this didn't do much for my skin. It didn't irritate it (I have highly sensitive eczema prone skin with patches of eczema on my face as well) I don't feel like this was an effective product. I used to quite a few days before giving up. There were no visible adverse affects, but then again my skin looked the same. Not a rebuy for me. Pricey as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 8:36:00 AM More reviews by miss_mac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used this serum on and off for about 3 years. I am now on my third bottle and still love it! It absorbs really easily into the skin and leaves a really great slip on the skin making it perfect for foundation to go on to. It feels very hydrating to the skin and isn't sticky or greasy at all. It has a strange smell to it, I really can't put my finger on it but it isn't the best smelling product out there but it certainly does the job!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by brieiovino

my facialist who works for prescriptives uses this and swears by it , on every kind of skin. Im 18 years old and she says this is the best thing for my skin..i like it because it helps with redness and i just feel comfortable wearing it because it's not so serumy so you dont feel like your breaking out ..i havn't seen any huge results yet but my skin has become slightly clearer and smoother.. i will keep using this with hope!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by cakecheese

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far, this becomes the most favorite serum in my daily routine, it is light, easy to be absorted, and give my face a smooth feel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by vesuvana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It seems Prescriptives is designed for senior citizen skin that's really thin and papery. Bought the 3-piece kit and it's all too thick, greasy and does absolutely nothing for my skin. This serum has had no effect except to make my skin look oily. It's like there's no active ingredients in it, just lard.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ashwal

I was recommended to get it at the Prescriptives counter, so I did and I love it. I don't understand why it has such a low rating because it has made my skin look so much smoother. I have hyperpigmentation spots and some uneven skin texture (from my acne prone skin) and it has smoothed out my skin. I have been using it twice a day on clean skin, right before my moisturizer. I dont know why some reviewers used it as primer, I was told it was a serum to use before you moisturize- then you prime- then you put your makeup. It has a very nice slick texture that just immediately soaks into my skin, smell is good. I have had no breakouts with this product either.