August 31, 2014 | 1637 users online

Styling Products - Dove - Intense Damage Therapy Heat Shield Styling Spray

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 More reviews by ejh23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great stuff! My 4th defense spray, and this is my favorite. Smells FANTASTIC, like Dove shampoo/soap. :) Yum. Also, it makes my hair shiny and soft, but not product-y or sticky at all. Spray has a little bit of a problem but it's just my bottle. LOVE LOVE LOVE in a bottle! Also my hair is nicely protected :) The only downside is that it tends to make your hair flat (but not greasy).

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by myanimalhome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

my hair is extremely damaged and if i don't use heat protectant before i straighten it (which is everyday, basically) it looks like a nest of split ends. i'm always on the lookout for new heat protection products, so i thought i'd give this one a try.

- maybe it's just me, because everyone else seems to disagree on this board, but this stuff smells terrible. maybe i got a bad bottle? but i hate the smell.
-does not add shine. this stuff actually dried out my hair.
-does not protect. i didn't notice any difference when i used this with my usual products. when i used it alone, the finished product just looked like i hadn't used any at all.

it's cheap, but don't waste your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by aresa12327

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I hate hate hate this really i don't even want to go on but it's expensive it make your hair clump and the only good thing about it is the smell but that is it.Just go and try Tresemme Heat tamer spray it's much better than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by zombiepat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this hoping to get a little bang for my buck,and was very disappointed. If anything,it made the condition of my hair worse! I've since started using Got2b guardian angel blow out protection spray(one in the black bottle) and am VERY happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by olliesbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I personally like this stuff...way way more than Sleek.look Iron Smoother. This makes my hair super soft, straight, and frizz free. I get compliments on my healthy hair when I use it =). It doesn't hurt it's a drugstore item either and the price is awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by natalie225

I purchased this in the older blue bottle and did not like it. I have thin hair and it felt like I was putting gel in my hair. When I would round brush and blow dry my hair it was extremely difficult. I could see my hair breaking and falling out from trying to pull the brush through my hair. This product may work for another hair type, but it did not work for my long fine color treated hair. I recently purchased Got 2 Be guardian angel heat protect blow out lotion and LOVE it. Much better than this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by SARAHx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did not like this at all. I began using it right after getting my hair cut, to prevent split ends right off the bat. But it just make my hair stiff and feel more dry. I've tried many drug store brand heat protectors, and this is by far the worst

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by teendian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had this in the old bottle which was blue. The new bottle is now an orange color. I really do like this though. All you have to do is spray it throughout your hair from a short distance away. After you straighten your hair, it will be very soft and smooth to the touch. I have very dry, brittle ends and this spray works to make them soft. (I spray a lot of this spray on the ends of my hair though.)

The packaging is great compared to the old version of it. This one now has a nice, even spray whereas the old one sprayed too much and in a straight line. The new spray evenly distributes throughout your hair thanks to the improved nozzle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

I love this product! I tend to not buy the same product twice (especially dove) since I'm always looking for the next best thing...but this is absolutely wonderful. Before this I was using the Tresemme heat spray and it did absolutely nothing and seemed to make my hair actually look worse than without it. With Dove, I noticed a difference right away (and still a month later). My hair looked super dry and brittle with constant dying, blow drying and straightening but this stuff made my hair soooo much softer, shinnier, and healthier. I don't get any sticky feeling (and I use a generous amount)....so I have no idea what everyone else is talking about. I've noticed that I don't get breakage anymore either which is great. Also, I usually I switch up my shampoo and conditioner a lot since I've never been happy with the products and could tell which one I've used by the dryness factor, but when I use this before applying heat, I can't even tell which collection I'm using anymore since it always looks smooth and soft. Which, I'm happy about since I have a lot of shampoo and conditioning products I absolutely hate and this makes me able to use the rest of them now.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by xjessie

I don't know how I feel about this product! It does the job of protecting my hair well from heat damage, and my hair does get nicely straight. I don't like the before ironing sticky feeling, and my hair isn't as shiny as with my previous spray! I miss the shine a lot... Probably won't purchase again even though I adore Dove's Intense Therapy line.
Edit: Yeah, I hated it. It kept my hair straight, but I never got much shine or softness from it. I'm back to searching for an HG product.