October 22, 2014 | 1939 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Color Fever Gloss Hotspell

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This pricey gloss is love. These Color Fever Glosses are irredescent and this can be a copper/rose/wine shade depending on how the light hits it.
The shine also changes, with more shine at an angle than when viewed head on. There is almost microscopic glimmer in it-I can't call it glitter because it's much too fine and subtle.
I went to the Nordstrom site and compared a swatch of this shade on my hand with the shade as shown on the site and the match is IDENTICAL.
I would never have picked this shade from just the online swatch but I tried it on in the store and was in love. So trying on before buying is a must.
This is the only gloss I have with enough pigment to wear on it's own without lipstick and I have very dark pigmented lips but this covers them.
This shade is deep, darker than I would normally wear, but all the shine, glimmer and irredescence keeps it from looking too dark. It is a perfect dramatic daytime shade.
This is incredible technology. Totally high tech, amazing pigments.
Lasts well for gloss, feels great on, not sticky at all, and I love the slight rose fragrance. I intend to go hog wild and buy at least five more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best lipgloss I've come across- it looks great and feels quite nice on. The shimmer is very nice and it can work either on its own or over a lipstick (though it can overpower some lipsticks). There's plenty in the tube, and the specially-shaped applicator works well. My only problem with this gloss is that it's rose(?)-fragranced and if I haven't taken an antihistamine it can bother me. Even though some reviews say it's not very strongly fragranced, if you have allergies or are very sensitive to fragrances, be warned. I suppose my only other problem would be the price- it's so gorgeous that I have a hard time really complaining, but it's also kept me from trying other shades since it's a bit of a hit to the wallet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Of all the lip glosses that I have ever tried, this one tops them all! Great pigment, lasts long for a gloss, gorgeous color...my fav of all colors. Perfect texture. And NO stickiness (that is one of my peeves in lip products that I will not tolerate). I love the packaging and applicator. A bit pricey though, so I will only get it as a once-in-a-while splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sumkinky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this over creme de marron lipstick....i have medium to dark skin so the combo of these two look so awesome! I like it b/c it's not quite pink and not quite brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2007 11:59:00 AM More reviews by gryph

I got this right after they had changed over from the Star Gloss to the Fever gloss as a replacement for Princess. It is a really nice brown gloss. I also put a bit of Sweet Marylin (was able to find a last remaining tube at duty free of all places!) in the middle for a little extra gold. Love the new heart shaped wand. A great colour for me and would repurchase if need be, but there is a lot of gloss in there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2007 2:54:00 PM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful medium dark molten shimmer warm rose/bronze/brown - hard to pin it down exactly because it is very multi-dimensional in the pigment spread and shimmer particles.
The coverage is medium, the texture is substantial but not sticky.
Only minimal fragrance. Very slight mint taste. I wear this alone, and for a more finished look, start out with Lancome's Raisinberry lip liner.
This was represented very well on the color swatch from their website.
This would be a summer as well as autumn staple!