August 20, 2014 | 1498 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Sunmetal Lipstick (Moonbathe)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by glitternglitzy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Moonbathe SUNMETAL lipstick comes in an ivory tube for the collection. The color reminds me of what a very tanned person just in from a long vacation to the the Bahamas would look like after a day in the sun. The color is a rich dark chocolatey bronze with flecks of glittery pieces. The consistency is a bit drying and but the color is rich and pigmented. It feels very much like a Matte. It's a darker color but still looks very flattering. I normally go for lighter more neutral lipstick shades and this one is a 'statement maker' if you're going to do a dramatic lip. I'm pretty fair - NW15 - with red/auburn hair and it actually kind of matches my hair which is interesting. Nice color, great pigmentation and coverage. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2007 2:56:00 AM More reviews by hapapower

This is simply beautiful and I am SOOOOOOO glad I picked this up! It has so much shimmer but for some reason it never looks overdone. It is a perfect summer shade with lots of pigment and just enough dazzle and punch to be utterly feminine. It has silver, bronze and gold flecks in it, and reminds me of the shimmer of the sun's rays on the ocean at sunset. LOVE LOVE LOVE, must get backups!!! This is so perfect with a golden tan and just lights up my face (NC30). UPDATE: Still absolutely love this color, this is a real winner...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Tried this at the MAC counter today. Applied it lightly and it gave a nice golden slightly shimmery look. I would never have tried it normally cuz it looks like such a bright metallicy color but the reviews looked good so i thought id give it a shot. of course i fell in love with it and of course they were sold out :( hopefully i can get my hands on one on line soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by BeatriceKiddo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Generally I steer clear of frosty shades but I had to have this one. And I'm glad I did! It's an intense Bronzed gold Metal l/s - I swear can see gold, bronze, copper, and even minimal silver particals in this. It looks fantastic under Clear Lipglass, Goldensoft, or even Saplicious Lipgelee. I can wear this alone with a little lip conditioner underneath, or it can look POWERFUL but I can even pull that off. I like how it darkens my lips just enough to be dramatic. I'm amazed at how much I love this & it goes SO well with this collection. It's so nice for summer days and nights. And has a high pigment payoff. I'm IN LOVE with the packaging too! I now have 4 of these and I still don't think it's enough. So if you have one you despise swap it with me!!! Ring me up I'm here everyday! P.S. What really got me was my SO never notices my lipstick! And just the other day it was the first thing he said about my MU - "that color looks sooo good on you. It's not too dark, it just right." I'm truly in love with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by cmgoody6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this new shade from the Moonbathe collection. It's a beautiful shimmery bronzy frosty suntan look. When I first saw it sitting in its tube I laughed and passed it over and selected Honeymoon instead, but just for kicks I decided to try it on -and then I had to have it! It's a little dry by itself but I'm willing to live with that because I love this color so much. I just wear the new Honeymoon lipstick underneath, or even better just add a layer of the gorgeous Elaborate lipglass from the same collection-Perfect! It actually reminds me of my 80's high school years -doesn't get better than that. I'd definitely re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by blyss

In great anticipation I rushed to the mall to see the new Moonbathe collection. This was on my 'must see' list and when I approached the counter, this one was GLEAMING. This is not for the faint of heart!

I'm a MAC NC30, BB Warm Sand, LM Ivory beige, and Stila C with black hair and black eyes. I have medium pink pigmented lips and I have a tendency to change a lipstick colour. This one went on very smoothly and like most MAC lipstick, it was VERY pigmented. This frost lipstick is described as a warm bronze with silver frost. I agree with the bronze but it's certainly not warm! The silver frost overlay made the colour very very cool and it made my warm complexion look a bit dead. The colour pigments look so strong that it overpowered the rest of my face.

Overall, I love the new white pristine packaging but this colour did disappoint me. It's not wearable on me.