Bath and Body Works Plumeria Moisture-Rich Body Lotion

3.4

on 11/8/2012 10:46:00 PM

Smell is too strong, goes funky during hot weather or when sweating. Consistency is too heavy and sticky.

overall, there are better lotions out there. I like the smell, though when first applied, but not long after the initial whiff, you get something sickly sweet.

I know this is one of their old ones and is I think discontinued now (at least in the stores). I heard BBW has improved their lotions now.

on 7/31/2011 2:26:00 AM

this scent is on top of my list of BBW lotion and fragrance...cant get enough of the smell :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

smells like some sweet smelling cough sirop/ medicine. Wont repurchase. I am thinking if I wanna continue using the product or simply throw it away.

on 8/24/2009 3:39:00 AM

This lotion made my skin soooo sticky.The smell reminds me of bubblegum. And too top it all off, it was too oily and made me breakout!

on 5/5/2009 8:44:00 PM

I would really give this a 1.5
It doesn't really smell like plumeria to me. It starts to smell like a light floral, and then a smell of faint but distinct rotting fruit comes in. Either my bottle was off or I just don't get this scent.

on 2/27/2009 10:24:00 PM

I've tried a few different scented lotions/creams from BBW, but I think Plumeria is still my favourite. It's light and sweet and works best with my body chemistry. It's one of the only ones which doesn't overpower me with its fragrance.

on 2/22/2009 3:38:00 PM

This scent has a nice light sweetness to it. But the sweetness is a bit of an old lady kind of sweetness. bleeecchh

on 11/21/2008 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got Plumeria lotion and shower gel as a gift and was overwhelmed by the lotion. The scent is almost bubble-gummy to me and very strong and I felt a little nauseated after slathering it all over myself and the scent just bloomed all around my face. The shower gel grew on me since it's lighter and less sweet. I remember using the Plumeria bubble bath when i was a teenager and I loved it. Maybe my tastes have just changed.
***UPDATE*** Perhaps my tastes have changed yet again LOL! I'm still working on the same bottle of Plumeria lotion from a few years ago but I have been dabbling with scent combos and recently found that when I wear Plumeria lotion and Moonlight Path lotion together the MP seems to calm the sweet bubble gummy Plumeria and the resulting scent combo for me ends up being a really clean and fresh fragrance. I know it sounds like a really odd combo but for me it totally works! I have been wearing this combo every night after my shower for about a month now and find it so fresh and nice!

This is another nostalgic scent for me. Many years ago, during my senior year of high school I wore this around graduation time and so every time I smell it I think of my senior trip.

It is a nice lotion with a good consistency for summer use. The smell is floral and sweet. I think it is a nice smell overall.

on 6/25/2007 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

weird, i get more of a 'fruity' smell with this than a flowery one.... may be my body chemisty. it is a very strong scent, so i find mixing half the normal amount with unscented lubriderm (sensitive skin) really helps to 'lighten it up' on me.

i got this at their semi annual sale, and probably wouldn't pay full price for it, but will likely buy it again at the next sale!

Top Rated Bath and Body Works Products