December 19, 2014 | 1160 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Aveda - Large Paddle Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by BrandieJeanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! it does wonders for my kinky hair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG brush and the only thing I use to comb, brush my hair. I do own a much hyped Mason Pearson, but I prefer the Aveda brush by far. It is very gentle to hair and scalp - can even be used on wet hair, is very easy to keep clean and is very versatile. I use it to detangle wet hair, to blow dry, to brush my hair before styling into a pony tail or bun.
It works great, it is well-made and priced right.
Would repurchase in a heart-beat if I lost mine. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by mcpatty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i ordered a flat brush with my Aveda Rewards points today , and can't wait to get it! My stylist uses one and i love what it does for my fine , med-long silvering hair. i have the Conair dupe and my husband liked it so much he bought his own; will be interesting when he gets a load of the real deal...will update !! EDIT-Have been using my brush and LOVE it! I don't use it on wet hair as I saw on other posts it tended to fall apart! My husband uses it as well which is fine- he laughs at my stuff and then ends up using it himself!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by MissLori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best brush I've ever owned. I have thick, long hair and this feels AMAZING on my scalp. I can even use it to detangle wet hair. Well-made too. I've had it for 2 or 3 years, and see it lasting 10 easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by CocoMademoiseIIe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect brush for massaging the scalp and distributing the natural oil from your scalp throughout the rest of your hair. It's a must-have tool, but I don't recommend using it on wet hair for several reasons. First, the bristles are a bit rough and I find them to be too uncomfortable when my hair is wet. Second, the handle and backing is made of wood. I'm actually on my second brush. I used the first one on dry and wet hair and it only lasted about a year. I have used the second one I bought on only dry hair. It's been almost two years now and the brush still looks and works like new.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved this brush when I owned it, it was amazing. I left it at a special someone's place for him to use on his long hair; he loved it so much (and I loved him so much), I just let him keep it. It easily sorted through my long/tangled, messy, dense waves without breaking my hair and massaged my scalp at the same time. HOWEVER, before you run out to buy this, you should try Conair's version: Similar chic/natural design, same amazing performance and feel, better feeling bristles (some claim that the Aveda's bristles dig into their scalp...ouch!), and less than half the price of Aveda's (Conair about $7, Aveda about $20). UPDATE: I lost my lovely Conair dupe during a move so I repurchased the Aveda brush. However, I like the Conair so much better (the feel of it in my hand, the more gentle bristles), that I repurchased it to use instead. continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by TXZGAL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow!!! In my house we call this the best brush ever, my seven year old son does not run from this brush and has even asked me to brush his hair when he has seen it laying out. I cannot say enough good things about this brush but, I too wish there was a round brush I loved as much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I still have my first brush like this that I bought, and I just bought a back up brush. My old one is very scuffed up and looking gnarly but it still never lost a single bristle and has held up well.
I like the wood aesthetically but it is irritating when I want to wash the brush because with my plastic handled brushes I let them sit in a sink with soapy warm water and then brush all the hair and dust out but with this brush even a dip once a month to really try and get it clean will warp the wood after extended periods.
I feel like my old brush has gotten softer somehow since Ive had it for 7 years now. The plastic bristles have also gotten a little worn down over the years too I think, but hey 7 years is a good run.
This is the only brush that I love to use and the only brush that I have ever repurchased. For reference I have long, relatively thick, colored, wavy hair. This is also the only brush my fiancee likes to use every day on his fine-textured, straight hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by makeupkit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush after reading the positive reviews. I'm so disappointed with mine right now. It worked well initially. However, the bristles are all coming out ...the base is cracking up so the bristles are coming out every time I brush my hair. One reviewer mentioned she had hers for 10 years??? Mine is no longer useable after less than 2 years. I've had brushes from a dollar store that have lasted longer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by silverd12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love this type of brush! Only brush that can successfully pull through my thick, coarse hair. I use it for everything-brushing to straightening.