Aveda Large Paddle Brush

4.7

I love this brush. It's the only brush i'll use. I bought one years ago after going to an Aveda salon. I had it forever until it ripped! I told the Aveda people that and they were shocked. But I did get A LOT of use out of it. So I bought two more of these brushes and I'll buy another two when I need to. :D

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

WOnderfully detangling. Beautiful to use. Knots are nuked.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Better than my Mason Pearson! I am so happy with the detangling abilities of this brush! It has out performed my wet brush and tangle teezer in tackling my tangles, and grooms better than my Mason Pearson- and a quarter of the price. I think my quest for the perfect brush is now over, thanks to Aveda. I am normally a Kerastase girl but decided to take the plunge after reading reviews on MUA, so thank you girls.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this brush! it does wonders for my kinky hair!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG brush and the only thing I use to comb, brush my hair. I do own a much hyped Mason Pearson, but I prefer the Aveda brush by far. It is very gentle to hair and scalp - can even be used on wet hair, is very easy to keep clean and is very versatile. I use it to detangle wet hair, to blow dry, to brush my hair before styling into a pony tail or bun.
It works great, it is well-made and priced right.
Would repurchase in a heart-beat if I lost mine. Highly recommended.

i ordered a flat brush with my Aveda Rewards points today , and can't wait to get it! My stylist uses one and i love what it does for my fine , med-long silvering hair. i have the Conair dupe and my husband liked it so much he bought his own; will be interesting when he gets a load of the real deal...will update !! EDIT-Have been using my brush and LOVE it! I don't use it on wet hair as I saw on other posts it tended to fall apart! My husband uses it as well which is fine- he laughs at my stuff and then ends up using it himself!!

Best brush I've ever owned. I have thick, long hair and this feels AMAZING on my scalp. I can even use it to detangle wet hair. Well-made too. I've had it for 2 or 3 years, and see it lasting 10 easily.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the perfect brush for massaging the scalp and distributing the natural oil from your scalp throughout the rest of your hair. It's a must-have tool, but I don't recommend using it on wet hair for several reasons. First, the bristles are a bit rough and I find them to be too uncomfortable when my hair is wet. Second, the handle and backing is made of wood. I'm actually on my second brush. I used the first one on dry and wet hair and it only lasted about a year. I have used the second one I bought on only dry hair. It's been almost two years now and the brush still looks and works like new.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I loved this brush when I owned it, it was amazing. I left it at a special someone's place for him to use on his long hair; he loved it so much (and I loved him so much), I just let him keep it. It easily sorted through my long/tangled, messy, dense waves without breaking my hair and massaged my scalp at the same time. HOWEVER, before you run out to buy this, you should try Conair's version: Similar chic/natural design, same amazing performance and feel, better feeling bristles (some claim that the Aveda's bristles dig into their scalp...ouch!), and less than half the price of Aveda's (Conair about $7, Aveda about $20). UPDATE: I lost my lovely Conair dupe during a move so I repurchased the Aveda brush. However, I like the Conair so much better (the feel of it in my hand, the more gentle bristles), that I repurchased it to use instead. continued >>

Wow!!! In my house we call this the best brush ever, my seven year old son does not run from this brush and has even asked me to brush his hair when he has seen it laying out. I cannot say enough good things about this brush but, I too wish there was a round brush I loved as much.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools