April 19, 2014 | 1913 users online

Mascara - Jane Iredale - Pure Lash Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by CarmenDigi

I bought this JI PureLash to get thicker stronger lashes. I apply at night, to a clean face. I do not use this as a lash primer. After years of little or no eye makeup, I started wearing makeup every day. My lashes were taking a beating from mascara and curling. I can tell you after wearing this now for almost a month, my lashes are longer, thicker, and noticeably enhanced. I don't notice losing any lashes either.

There is a home made solution you can try as well. It's coconut oil, castor oil, and avocado oil mixed together, and applied with a mascara brush that is disposable. You can buy at the drug store. Anyway, I've done both and the JI works better and faster. I apply the homemade concoction on my eyebrows and they got bushier faster.

Here's the rub, I'm allergic to eye glue for falsies and haven't yet found a hypoallergenic brand of glue that doesn't make my eyes swell and weep. So thumbs up on the Jane Iredale product. I'm a real pain in the arse, with allergies and skin sensitives. Thanks to breast cancer, I have a taxed immune system. I'm a walking white corpuscle. Anyways, boo hoo, I'm fine now, but I want lushous lashes again!

Try this out, and be patient. It's not meant to work overnight.

Glamour takes time and patience but you'll get there!

Cheers!

Carmen

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Erika813

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is great! It makes your lashes look so good with or without mascara. I adore this product and definitely recommend it to anyone. No matter which mascara I use with this it looks great! So if you want to offset the expense of this purchase a cheaper mascara and use this under. I recommend voluminous power volume 24 hour in black smoke. I got that for 5.99 and love it alone and with the Jane iredale conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of those items I threw into an online order at the last minute not really thinking I'd be terribly impressed by it. After using it almost daily for a few months (and I still haven't run out) I can honestly say I am SO GLAD I made this impulse purchase!

The conditioner applies easily and you can see where you're putting it as it is a stark white color like most lash primers. It's dries quickly but doesn't get too stiff to impede mascara application. As a primer it gives an instantly longer look to lashes and helps to keep them separated so I rarely even need to comb after applying mascara.

It takes a while to see any results without makeup, but the ingredients in here are definitely doing something right. I already had some pretty noteworthy growth going on from using castor oil at night but some of the new lashes from the castor stopped growing at an awkward length and had a tendency to stick out in all the wrong directions. Adding the JI conditioner during the day has helped get those shorties growing faster and my lashes look longer and thicker all around.

I've also noticed my lashes just feel softer - so much so that even when I am in a rush and skip this product my mascara applies easier.

Other notes:
The brush is amazing. I want this brush in every mascara I use!
When I first opened the tube it had a somewhat overwhelming vanilla fragrance emanating from it but it seems that I have either gotten used to this or it fades with time.
I haven't experienced any irritation from this product.

I never even understood the point of using a primer on eyelashes before trying this product but I love that with the PureLash Conditioner I can get an instant aesthetic improvement and know that I am using something that (so far) is giving lasting results.

At $16 I think this is pretty reasonably priced, especially since it lasts a long time and I will DEFINITELY be purchasing again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fairly puny lashes, so I like to wear a good primer under my Blinc mascara, to add some “oomph.”
I should probably add that I’ve been using Tarte lash serum for about two weeks now, so that *could* be a reason why my lashes have been looking good lately, but I still think this primer is very good.

I’d been wearing MAC Prep + Prime Lash, and liked it, but I stopped buying MAC when Estee Lauder began testing on animals. In an effort to find a good replacement, I tried Tarte (meh),e.l.f. (fair, but not great), Blinc (yuck), Urban Decay (meh), and J.Lynne (meh). Jane Iredale Pure Lash seemed to get good reviews, and is cruelty-free, so I decided to give it a try.

Since I’d already spent considerable money trying primers I didn’t like, I proceeded with caution, and bought a tiny sample size of Pure Lash on eBay.

My advice is, if you’re interested in this product, go ahead and spring for a full size. The sample sizes are so incredibly tiny that the brush is practically useless. Truly, the brush is about as long as a straight pin, making it difficult to get the product on your lashes.

Once you do succeed in applying this primer, it works great. It goes on white, but quickly becomes invisible, leaving none of that dreaded “white stuff” to cover up. It adds good length and volume, and is wonderfully smooth. My mascara has looked great all day, and my lashes have held their curl. There’s no clumpiness, either, which is a great plus.

I hastened to order a full size; it’s reasonable, at about $16.00. If the full size performs as well as the sample, I think I’ve found my new lash primer!

UPDATE: I got a full-size, and I'm very pleased with this product's performance. It is the smoothest, least clumpy under-mascara primer I've ever used, MAC included, and it imparts lovely length and volume without looking or feeling heavy. The brush is good, too - a convenient length, and not too "fat."

This is the one I'll buy again and again! continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by SweetCupcakez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

When I got this in the post, I opened the package to find this product beaming at my face. Its so white, so pure, so divine!! . . x x

This product is scented with Vanilla, but isn't overpowering. It's rather subtle.

As a primer for lashes, this product is fabulous! It helps give me that false lash effect. The consistency is perfect- it's not runny, clumpy or blobby . . lol. I use it before the Purelash Lengthening Mascara and it works Wonders!! . . It's way better than any of the other Drugstore Lash Primers that I've used.

__________________________________
. . * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION * . .
__________________________________

- INGREDIENTS -

Water, Algae Extract, Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Carnauba Wax, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Oleic Acid, Vanilla Tahitensis Fruit Extract, Sweet Almond Seed Extract.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Raquel100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I honestly don't know how I ever wore mascara without this product! Jane Iredale PureLash Conditioner is incredible! It noticeably lengthens and thickens my lashes. It makes my lashes so lush and long that they look fake (which I love)! Basically, this product enhances the effects of your mascara. If your mascara makes your lashes look good, using this lash conditioner underneath your mascara will make them stand out to the point where they look AMAZING!
I have tried several primers. This one never irritates my eyes and really draws attention to my lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Bisou25

This is my favorite lash primer. Even better than Lancome, because that one actually dries out my lashes. This one separates, adds some thickness and length.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by kandie128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I use the pure lash mascara in black. its a really nice mascara, it darkens holds curl well and adds gorgeous length. it gives a small amount of volume but I don't really look so much for volume in a mascara anyways. Definitely one of the best, unfortunately you have to pay for quality!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this lash conditioner. I haven't really noticed a difference in lengthening but I have noticed a difference in thickness. Because it's white and somewhat thick, I apply one coat only, wait 5 mins, then i apply mascara. I don't have any problems with mascara adhering to it. It also manages to tame my wild lashes so that the mascara goes on smoothly. I will repurchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a month. I think that my lashes look a bit longer, and seem to be falling out less. I usually don't wear mascara, so I can't comment on how this would work as a base. My only complaint is that it sometimes applies a bit thick, so I have to wipe off the excess. It's white but dries clear. UPDATE 10/9/2007: i have taken to applying this only at night as it is too thick to work well with mascara over. I will not repurchase once it runs out.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No