October 30, 2014 | 1515 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Desert Essence - Pistachio Foot Repair Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cream was a blind buy. I was skeptical but now I am fan. I am on my feet a lot for my job and they get really beat up and covered in callouses. Last night, after my shower, I noticed my feet were a calloused, painful, mess but, I had to get dressed and go to work. I applied this cream and put on my socks and shoes and went to work. I completely forgot about it. This morning when I got home and removed my socks, I was amazed. This cream conditioned my feet so well, my skin AND the callouses were... soft. Smells like pistachio ice cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by renemy

This is okay. I guess it moisturizes, but it's just so *oily*. It leaves a very greasy feeling on your hands for a long time afterwards. And it's very strongly fragranced.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have recently been trying to replace as many of my conventional products as possible with more natural ones, which is what initially led me to purchasing this foot cream. I am impressed with the natural and organic ingredients that the whole Desert Essence line uses. This lotion was a little pricier than usual for a foot cream, but I was curious to try it and did not mind paying a little extra as it is a natural product.

The cream itself is a nice consistency, not runny like a lotion but not ridiculously thick and difficult to rub in. A little really does go a long way - on my first use I put too much on and ended up having to wipe the excess off. This means that a tube lasts me a long time. I find the cream nice and moisturising, although it is nothing exceptional and not greatly better than any other foot product I have tried. I do a lot of dancing and walking though, so have yet to find anything that works miracles on my dry skin. However it does leave my feet pretty soft after using it overnight.

I personally like the pistachio scent of the cream. I don't find it overpoweringly nutty, but more of a spicy scent; and as others have commented it is a welcome change from the usual minty foot lotions. I would repurchase this product again, although I will also be trying other natural foot creams (if I can find any) to see how they compare.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by hoppii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the greatest factor in my loving this is the scent. If you like pistachio smell.. this smells great! Also a good lotion, thick and moisturizing.
*EDIT* I bumped it down to three stars because I noticed since it is vegan and has different thickeners, it becomes runny much quicker than anticipated. I noticed thinning after a year, and now two years later, it drips out of the bottle without me squeezing. *sigh*

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by sanckensmom

I feel the exact opposite from the reviewer below mine. To me, this is the most pungent pistachio smell ever, maybe she got a rancid tube?! There is no perfume smell, just totally nuts to me...this is why I do not like it, I threw it away...I hate minty things on my feet,just hate tingly things in general, so I don't use any lotions made for feet per se. I got a generous tube of this and had to toss it bc I could not tolerate sleeping with this nut smell on my feet. I guess if you wore socks you could mask the smell, but I don't wear socks to bed...oh well, the fragrance ruined this one for me as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by cowgurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yet another item that goes right into the can because of the terrible smell. I have washed my hands three or more times to get the smell off and I can still smell this. It smells like a cologne, not like nuts or something natural or pleasant. I'm looking for a foot softener, not a foot deodorizer (or odorizer). A shame since the ingredients really do soften and the consistency, which is whipped, seems to melt into the skin. I'm a soccer player and hope to find a good cream for my sporty feet someday, but, sadly, due to poor fragrance choices by lame product designers, this one is not it. Why ruin a potentially good-selling product with a fragrance that half of the customers won't tolerate?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow I love this. Now nothing makes my feet soft, and neither does this lotion :-( but I've excepted that nothing ever will it just must be genetics or something. But I do love that this is free of all those bad ingredients, and the fact that it does not smell like mint is a plus. I am so sick to death that all foot products have to be minty, why is that? I think that this lotion sort of in a way smells like chai or egg nog. :-) I love it and its now the ONLY one I will use

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by zjestika

This stuff works instantly to soften the rough skin on my feet. It's pretty amazing, actually. Right away my feet and hands feel softer, velvet-y almost. I don't particularly care for the scent, though, It's very blandly sweet and boring.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by kkt1210

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When i saw this product i was so taken with the pretty packaging. normally i don't pay too much attention to packaging, but the whole line of desert essence organics has very asthetic designs on the bottles/tubes. ok, so the cream. when i looked at what kind it was, i saw that there was no mint in it! what, a foot cream that is capable of being effective without the overpowering mint smell? pretty much sold me right there. and i don't think it was more expensive than a d/s brand either. organic, non mint, a pretty package, and not too expensive? i bought it. now the smell doesn't really smell like a pistachio to me....dunno what it really does smell like to be honest, but it is kind of spicy. but not in a weird way, a soft sort of one. the moisturizing ability is good...but it is not a thick goop that takes forever to sink in. probably there are other foot creams out there that do moisturize better, but most of them probably smell like mint. i just don't get it. most people put on foot cream before bed, so why would u want to smell something as energizing as mint when drifting off. anyway, i found this at whole foods. if you're not a fan of mint foot creams, try it!