July 23, 2014 | 1070 users online

Palettes - LORAC - Maui Wowie

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by fayray00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this for a steal on Hautelook because the packaging and colors looked sooo cute. All 4 of the eyeshadows have a lot of chunky glitter in them which I wasn't too crazy about at first. I found that if you blend them out a bit, the glitter falls off. Just make sure you use a translucent powder on cheeks cause that's where the glitter will end up lol. Once they're blended they look really beautiful. The brown is by far my favorite. It looks awesome with my blue eyes. I also LOVE the blush. Perfect color for me. Bronzer I didnt care for so much but Im pale so Im pretty picky about bronzer anyways. Lip colors are also very cute. I would get this again just for the brown eyeshadow and blush! ^-^

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by CitizenQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

At first, I loved this set. Everything everyone says here is true. Gorgeous colors, makeup is LORAC standard, lasting power is great, but this thing is a glitter bomb.

All the eye colors in this set suffer from glitter fall out (which may or may not be a problem for you-- for me, it wasn't too much of a problem because I have a habit of dusting my face off after applying my makeup).

The lip colors are usable, the cheek colors are usable-- the only thing I didn't really like is the bronzer. It goes on orange, streaky and unnatural-- avoid if you can. It doesn't spread or blend-- take my word for it. It'll save you the trouble of having to do your face over.

I guess the only thing I can complain about this set (aside from the bronzer) is that even after having used this makeup less than 7 times during the 8 months of having this, storing it in dry, room-temperature space, the formula is no longer in the condition I bought it in.

It is clumpy, flaky, does not go on brushes and pretty much useless now. None of my other LORAC eyeshadows do this, so I'm rather surprised-- has this happened to anyone else?

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by RoseMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

EVen though this is a very good quality product, it is also a glitter bomb. Every single one of the shadows and blush has LOTS of glitters and they fall all over my face. It is very dangerous to use all of the colors at once, especially if you are over the age of 25.

Overall good quality, but application is tricky because of how glittery this palette is. If you just use one shadow only with other matte shadows, then you will be fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by imaginative02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i swap this recently with a MUAer, the packaging was cute, colours r nice and easy to blend, no complain man.. hehe another great palette from lorac!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

I really like this LORAC palette. Included are: 4 eye shadows, 1 bronzer, 1 blush and 2 lip glosses. The eye shadows are my favourite: there is a pretty light white, soft pink, aqua and a deep coconut brown. There are so many looks you can create with the 4 shadows..very fun to play around with them!. The blush is a nice pink, but I have to use it with a very light hand because of my pale skin. The bronzer is not my favourite, but it is ok. It can look too dark/muddy on me if I don't take the time to apply it properly. The lip glosses are ok, but I do not use them that often (I dislike the brush that comes with it). For me, it has been a perfect palette to bring with me on vacation. The packaging is also very cute. I would buy this again if I ever ran out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2007 3:13:00 AM More reviews by devilbunnies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I ended up taking this back to sephora as I didn't like the sliver glitter it left all over my face. But that is only a problem if you dislike shadows with glitter like I do. The packaging and colors are pretty cute and the bronzer/blush duo is highly pigmented. This would be a good kit for a younger girl or someone that really likes glitter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On a recent trip to Las Vegas, I was able to visit a Sephora and I picked up this palette. Down below it has already been described correctly so I will skip that part. I like all the eyeshadow colors, they are very easy to blend and great staying power. For the pink, I wish it was a little brighter, but to get the look I wanted I just used the blush instead :). I also like the lip and cheek colors. Overall a great palette, considering I use all the colors. Everything in it is basically pretty neutral, nothing outlandish, so I would recommend buying this, especially for lighter skinned ladies like me (PPP) since the shadows are not very dark.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2007 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Comes with a bronzer in a lovely non orangey bronze glow,a springy pink blush (a hint of peach or gold would have improved it) 4 shadows-a frosty white,a pink,turquoise,and a cool toned brown. There are two pink lipglosses a useless blush app;icator and a lipbrush/eyesmudger. The colors are very cool toned-they would be good on a pale blue eyed blonde. The only color that reminded me of Maui in there was brown (much of Maui is a desert) It did not have a tropical feel,it felt wintery and icey. I guess it wouldn't sell if it was called Minnesota Wowie! The packaging is adorable and the mirror is quite large! The makeup quality is LORAC's normal excellence. The shadows stayed on all day, although they do not look that good together.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lindsay23872

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gets my vote for cutest packaging which is initially the only reason I bought it. The palette comes with 4 e/s, a bronzer/blush duo, a light pink lip/cheek tint, a lip gloss, and 2 brushes. The eyeshadows are nicely pigmented and make a really nice look if you combine them. The bronzer/blush duo is super pigmented, you have to really use a light hand or you'll look scary. The bronzer is way too dark for me (I'm LLL and #2 in MUFE face and body) but I love the blush, it's the perfect pink color. The lip/cheek tint is not very pigmented and doesn't do anything for my cheeks. The lip gloss is frosty and a medium pink color which I dislike. This retails for $37 which I think is a good price for all that you get. Overall this is an okay palette but I don't have a use for everything in it. continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No