September 16, 2014 | 1817 users online

Hair Treatments - Clairol - Herbal Essences Breaks Over leave in creme [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

OMG where can I purchase this? I bought a bottle 3yrs ago and I still have a bit left because I literally use a dime size drop on my wet hair before I blow it out. It does not weigh my hair down, no silicone buildup, makes my hair super shiny without the grease effect, smells lovely. This better not be discontinued, because it seems like everything that actually works ends up being discontinued. This probably slightly controls frizz, it is very light so probably would not work for someone who's looking for something for more frizz control.
    I tried the other leave in creme None of Your Frizziness (orange bottle)
    thinking it would be close to this and boy I was wrong it left my hair nasty, sticky, coated in some waxy substance. Im going to continue to search, and I hope I can find this because it really is one of the best leave in cremes out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by nxdfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved the bottle, that's about it. Oh, and the smell. I got this for $2, and I am glad I didn't spend more. I got this to use on the ends of my hair. I saw no difference in my hair, only that it got much more oily. If leave in sprays work for you, stick to that, don't try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by bombshellglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This does a great job making hair feel soft and shiny, but it does leave it with the tiniest bit of a sticky feel. Overall, I like it. I use CHI Silk Infusion and Keratin Mist for every day, then this product as an added treatment, usually before bed or sometime when I won't be going anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by goose09

Great product! I decided to start using this in order to regain the vitality which my hair has lost over the years of dying it and using hair straighteners! I love this!
    I did not have any luck using the condition by Herbal Essences, it made my hair break and all, but for the price I just had to have this! I am so glad that I did!
    It is truly HG product for me and the mango smell makes my day that much brighter!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by client9

Dirt cheap and lasts for months. I have long wavy hair and this keeps my hair looking smooth, shiny and healthy. I put this in after I towel dry my hair. I rarely heat style and it keeps my hair looking presentable. Waves look nice and soft. Superior results when used with OB Jasmine Serum, my HG hair combo. I have noticed I have less fly aways since I have been using this. Overall great stuff but I can live without the coconut scent, I'm really not that fond of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Jenna6686

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS LEAVE IN CREME. There are very few hair products that work for me and my dry hair, but this one was really amazing. After my hair dresser reamed me about my dry ends, I went out and purchased a bottle of this stuff. I used to use it on the bottom half of my hair (since my hair is very fine and is weighed down easily) and I loved it. Made my hair totally soft and my hairdresser complimented me greatly in the improvement. Total HG. I say "used to" because I can't find it anywhere and it's driving me crazy!!!!!!! The herbalessences.com website makes it seem like they are still making it, but it's nowhere online or in any stores, from what I can see! Grrrrrrrrr

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

who the hell puts leave in conditioner on their scalp??? your not going to get results doing that. its made for hair, its not scalp therapy.
    anyways, this is a great leave in. a little goes a long way and for me, it works great before i straighten my hair. doesnt weight down my hair and the smell is great.
    this works a lot better than garniers long and strong leave in!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sanckensmom

The only reason why I would never buy this product again is because I have so many leave ins to compare it to. It was not even worth putting in my clean hair as it never made it feel softer or less frizzy. I tried using it on my 7 year olds fine, blonde hair but it just did nothing but not absorb and leave a white gooey residue that was hard to blow dry it out...I threw it away...there are zillions of better performing leave ins (even at this price point). I agree it smell's great, but I need performance over smell, as I have perfumes to make me smell good :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by jaqi16

This product works okay, but I didn't much care for the creme. I think I will stick to my spray leave-in. My guess would be this would be best suited for those with thick curly hair types.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by makeupismylife

When I saw this in Target, I literally jumped on it. Being a little bit MUA obsessed (that's putting it lightly), I remembered spotting this product on the Top Picks List. I had looked for it before, but given up because I couldn't find it anywhere. And the best part? It is soooo cheap. Like $3.50. I have long dry, color-treated hair that is very prone to breakage considering I color it a lot and use heat styling every day. After using this, my hair was not silky soft, but very very smooth and no visible signs of breakage. So, in conclusion: This may not be a "miracle" product, but it is a fantastic product at a super price. I really recommend this for ladies with damaged hair. I have been using it all week and my hair looks and feels like virgin hair.