September 30, 2014 | 1225 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - B-RICH

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Macaddict_xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall gorgeous color.. It suits my pale skintone and blends well with gorgeous sparkles... Its a beautiful color to blend with a neutral for a light smokey summer look .. MAC shadows are top of the line quality

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2007 1:36:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

On my warm NC45-50 skin, B-Rich is a deep reddish brown with loads of silver sparkles. I was pleasantly surprised that that the sparkles didn't end up under my eyes when applying, and the colour stayed true all day. I'm really into browns and neutrals now and I probably will reach for this now and then for variety. The prominent red tones makes this hard to wear, but with a little blending and the right combos, it looks ok. Having said that, I wouldn't repurchase. In fact I would return this & pick a different colour if I could.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 5:01:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Rich, ginger-brown with reddish tones and lots of silver shimmer. It's nice on me (light with yellow undertones, dark eyes and black hair) if it's well-blended in the crease to give me a smoldering look. But it's a bit too dark and pigmented for everyday (for me at least). Pretty but not a must-have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 6:02:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This really is a nice shadow. My mild disappointment with it results from the fact that I have unrealistically high expectations when it comes to MAC products; I have a tendency to expect them to be magical every time, and that just doesn't happen in the real world.

Since I can't get to a MAC counter, I ordered B-Rich from the MAC site, which describes this shadow as "Enriched cocoa brown with silver sparkle." Well, sorta. In reality, B-Rich has a slight coppery cast to it, and the sparkles look gold to me.I think it's closer to a "gingerbread" brown than a "cocoa" brown. Oddly enough, B-Rich looks more copper-y in the pan than it does on me(pale pink-ivory skin, dark brown hair, dark green eyes). I would classify it as a "medium" shade. It's deep enough to work as a crease shade, but I'm not sure it would work for the popular "smokey" eye look.

B-Rich is a "Velvet," and I love the smooth texture and good pigmentation. There is absolutely no chalkiness to this shadow, and the very fine sparkles stay put.

In all, B-Rich is a great shadow; I just prefer cooler browns; my HG brown is "Satin Taupe." If you want a slightly sparkly, warm-to-neutral medium brown, I suggest checking out B-Rich while this LE is still available. I love browns, and I think this one will be nice to have in my collection. Next time, I'll look for a cooler brown, though.

UPDATE: Though I've worn this a few times and like it better than I'd feared that I would, I'm still not madly in love with it. I pair it with "Sunnydaze" pigment and "Shroom" shadow, and that seems to tone down the redness a little. I still wish it were deeper and more of a cool brown. I prefer UD's "Twice Baked" for a deep true chocolate brown. "B-Rich" is not at all a bad product; it just doesn't suit me very well. continued >>