April 20, 2014 | 887 users online

Styling Products - L'anza - VOLUME Zero Weight Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I guess I was lured by the sparkly gold flecks in this gel when I used it at my local spa, but for some reason I didn't seem to pay enough attention to how this product worked. I went out and bought some the next week, and while I'd enjoy the sparkles (I know, ridiculous!), my hair would go flat within the hour after styling it. I ended up giving almost the whole bottle to my sister, hopefully it works better for her.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best liquid gel, hands down! No scalp irritation and I am very sensitive. Like all l'Anza products, you need very little so, even with the high price tag, a bottle lasts a long time. Repurchased many times from my hairstylist.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2006 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Marguerite

L'Anza VOLUME Zero Weight Gel is a lightweight, alcohol-free, shimmery gold volumizing hair gel which comes in a clear plastic bottle with a smooth, gold colored, disc-top plastic cap. At $14.99 Canadian for a 200 ml / 6.8 fl. oz. bottle sold exclusively in salons, it is fairly expensive. I bought it quickly (without testing it first) for two reasons: 1 - I have had only good experiences with L’Anza products in the past; 2 - I have a lot of hair but it is very fine and can actually be pulled off by pomade which is why I must pass up standard super hold hair gels. Well, the gel is lightweight but not zero weight. It has a thick liquid texture which IMO would be more conveniently dispensed with a pump. It does provide texture and body as described but definitely not super hold. It is supposed to contain all kinds of good ingredients, and it surely does, but hair is basically dead, so as long as the ingredients are not damaging to my hair and scalp, I really don’t care about vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in a hair gel. The gold shimmer is very pretty but does not, as implied in the key ingredients descriptions (www.lanza.com), impart any shine or luster to my hair. And the fragrance …well the fragrance makes me gag, clashes with every product I own, persssists, and just when I think it's finally gone, the pungent scent recharges with heat, even my own. A black bottle with a broad white stripe down the centre would have alerted me to the nature of the thick, yellow, fluid inside. But seriously, I realize that fragrance is a matter of personal preference so if you have very fine hair, this could be an option for you; just make sure to open a bottle and smell the gel before you buy it, even if no testers are available, or your friends might start calling you Pepé Le Pew. continued >>