October 1, 2014 | 1228 users online

Foundations - Cinema Secrets - Ultimate Foundation Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Manyfacesofzozo

For becoming makeup artist it's so hard and confusing when it comes to foundations and concealers. I had my first prom/formal makeup job and all I needed was so good foundations that won't going to break the bank. I've been looking at Cinema Secrets foundation palettes for a while, reading so many reviews, I finally bit the bullet and brought kit #5 and #11. And I would have to say I have never been in love with a product so much. It is worth the money and in my opinion you get a lot in one palette. The foundations are so creamy and blend so perfectly with whatever makeup brush of your choice. A lot of reviews I read said that they could only apply cinema secrets foundations with a cosmetic sponge but I don't like to use cosmetic sponges on clients, and it applies beautifully with all makeup brushes. Amazing coverage in the skin, to the point I didn't need to use a concealer on one of my clients who had dark circles under her eyes. I would say its medium to full coverage but never ever looks cakey on the skin, it looks really natural and feels like you didn't apply foundation, very light on the skin. Cinema secrets has a great selection of skin colours. I'm very pale and it's so hard to find foundations for really pale skin, so I decided to try the foundation colour in 506-11 in kit #5 and I was a perfect match for my pale skin, and I'm pretty sure they have amazing darker shades for the women of colour. Now this is what makes this foundation amazing... This waterproof and great for ALL SKIN TYPES!!! I've tested it on dry, oily and natural and it was amazing and didn't ever rub off during the day or night, even if your eyes water randomly. It seriously stays on you face all day and night and never rubs off. This is now a essential in my makeup kit and I don't think it can be replaced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

5-in-1 Ultimate Foundation Palette :: Kit #01 corrector palette

Skin type: normal to dry but acne prone.

Desperately seeking a new HG foundation since I found out MAC test on animals after being bought out by Estee Lauder. MAC is now sold in China, and Chinese law requires that ALL cosmetics owned by foreign (non-Chinese) companies be tested on animals.

My skin tone has a warm-neutral-light olive tone. For reference, I am MAC NC25 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

I searched everywhere online for swatches as I'm in Australia & have to rely on internet reviews to select the correct shades. As there were none, I've attached some photos for those of you who are also unable to try products in person.

BEFORE: this is by no means greasy, but heavy duty products nearly always crease around the eye area. When I bought the palette, I thought I'd never use shade 607-19 (on the far right) but I use it everyday. To combat the purple smudges beneath my eyes and also the brownish-purple pigmentation which has recently appeared in a couple of small patches, I use 607-19 (a dark salmon shade) - and this part is key to minimising creasing - straight onto the skin with no moisturiser/SPF/primer. I dab it all over the area in need of 'correction', then blot with 1 x ply tissue. I then go over the same area with 605-61 which is a more pink & lighter salmon shade, then blot again. I then apply tinted moisturiser with SPF all over my face twice, blotting after each application.

CONSISTENCY: full coverage, but does not feel heavy or cakey on the skin. As my skin tends towards being dry (especially at the moment while I'm using retin-A), I have to use this in conjunction with a tinted moisturiser. I haven't tried it without but I suspect I'd look scaly by the end of the day if I didn't.

APPLICATION METHOD: as mentioned above, I pat it on then blot around the eye area. When using it on my face as an all-over coverage, when I dot on the second layer of tinted moisturiser/SPF, I also dot on some corrector. Shade 601-18 (far left) is a good red neutraliser and I use a combination of 602-65 and 603-21 dotted all over to match my skin tone. I then buff it in using a Sigma F80 flat top kabuki, followed by a light dusting of Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss (medium coverage) foundation.

OVERALL: I award this product 50 billion gold stars & eternal HG status. While I have lots of love for Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer, it does have issues with caking & I've always been troubled by the fact that its main ingredient is mineral oil. Cinema Secrets foundation/correctors do not contain mineral oil or lanolin but do list dimethicone (silicone) as the 6th ingredient.

RE-PURCHASE? Yes, YES a thousand times YESSSS! I cannot sing the praises highly enough of Camera Ready Cosmetics who ship to Australia at a very reasonable price (sometimes a little slow in arriving but you can't have everything) and sell decently sized samples at a fair price. CRC is owned & run by a makeup artist who sells industry standard brands with a price match guarantee. I've been a customer for a couple of years now and have always gotten great customer service.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by happyathome

This is in regards to corrector kit #2 (meant for medium skin tone and lastly dark skin tone). I had so much trouble, myself, finding information on individual colour description so I hope this helps.
602-65
Half red neutralizer, half highlight, it will neutralize all red tones anyhow.
603-21
This is your straight up red neutralizer.
605-61
This is a mixture of half blue neutralizer and half highlight. Use it to neutalize pale purples, blues and possibly black.
606-26
Use this to neutalize purple, blue and black on ruddy skin.
607-19
This one is for medium-dark to dark skin and neutalizes the blue under the eyes.
There you go :)
As for quality, I prefer no other than Cinema Secrets on myself for foundation/concealer, and stand firm if adding a corrector.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by lulubaby1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is very good. It has silicone already built into it, its water resistant and has aloe vera. It is highly pigmented a gives you a natural soft finish. It minimizes the appearance of blemishes and pimples. I used to love revlon colorstay but it is not as light weight and pigmented as cinema secrets. it also enhances pimple because it dries so matte. I have very oil skin especially during the Florida summers. This foundation doesn't keep oils at bay but with a little Mac powder its fine. Seriously give this foundation a try and its only $25 dollars with 5 different foundations. I use a foundation brush from elf (the dollar one that's yellow) to apply the product to my face and then the elf flat top powder brush to blend it out. Your face will look AMAZING. let me reiterate that AMAZING! Best foundation you can also use a beauty blender.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by mustanggurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is super light and covers great. It's the only other concealer I can use other than my Neutrogena smooth stick, that doesn't piss me off and look gross on my skin. It's water based so it smooths out evenly and it lets your skin breath. Doesn't feel like you have makeup on, unless you cake it on with a brush or sponge... Which because its consistency, you can make that mistake your first couple times using this. But when used right, It doesn't look cakey under powder and it honestly looks and feels like your own real skin... Just your skin if it had no imperfections or redness of course. Totally worth it. Their site sucks for trying to order the right color though, so maybe try calling them for shade help or going down there. I live near the area so it helps... But I still hate going there so once you get your shade once, ordering online from them is a breeze. I have medium w/ neutral undertones skin. Close to Jessica Simpson or Carrie underwood skin, and i use the shade 506(15) for concealing. It's awesome stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Kandice91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this foundation, because of all the hype, Ive only been trying it for two days but unfortunately i have the oiliest skin on the planet because after a hour it felt sticky looked cakey and I had to wash it off... however this would be great for people with normal to dry skin I think. I bought 3 of the palettes to build my kit with so im hoping it works better for other people. Im still on the hunt for a good foundation for oily skin :/ I have revlon colorstay but i feel like my skin is used to it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Makeupismagical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would definitely recommend this product. A variety of colors, so it's easy to find your shade. One foundation palette is great for both winter and summer when the skin color changes. I like how I can use it as a light coverage foundation (when thinning it out w/ moisturizer or a mixing medium ) to heavy coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by vhirsh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I live in NYC so I went to the Alcone Store on W.49th to see colors in person. It's so hard to tell online. I chose the the #4 palette because one of the colors 402-12 matched my neck to perfection. I'm Light/Medium with a touch of yellow/beige.(I also love Eve Pearl foundation in Light). Anyway, you get a spectrum of colors - one lighter and the rest in the darker range. Too dark for me, but in the summer, it's possible and I've used it for contouring. Now for coverage...unbelievably smooth and velvety. I spread it with fingers and then buff out with a damp sponge. A little goes a long way. My face looks flawless and poreless. A very professional finish. I was ready for my close-up! I just touch it up with another new product I got from Mally Beauty (Face Defender). It's awesome too. I would def get the palette before ordering a single foundation. And the Alcone store is wonderful. Great for theatrical makeup and they have there own makeup remover cloths individually wrapped for travelling!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by blackviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have no idea why people like this foundation. Sure it's easier to find your color, but it wears terribly! I like full coverage foundation, and so far, can't find anything with the coverage and lasting power or Revlon Colorstay. I tried this, and it seemed to have good coverage and looked fairly natural at first. After only a few hours, it had sunk into my lines, and was fading away. I have dry skin, AND set it with powder. It shouldn't have moved! I tried it without setting it, and it turned into a shiny mess that also faded away. This product seemed awful to me. Even set with powder, after a while, if I touched it, it'd wipe off. Ugh. Back to the Colorstay I go.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 4:57:00 AM More reviews by anaeva12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bough a pallette and it was the best product i have ever. it covered my acne scars so good that people though I had lasered them off. best of all I used all the colors on the pallette on myself to match my skin so no product went to waste!!!