October 23, 2014 | 1524 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous -- Softsilver Red

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by 860Diamond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This color is gorgeous. I have been wearing it for years and pairing it with Clinique Deep Red Quickliner lipliner. Revlon lipsticks are awesome. FIrst, they have no scent or taste which I love. Second, they last a long time and third, they don't feel sticky or gloppy on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

"Softsilver Red" - a pretty, light watermelon/strawberry red color, softened with hints of coral and pink, with a silvery pearl glow.

This is a super easy to wear, casual, young, everyday red.

Has a soft shimmer that is very wearable, and not harsh at all.

It appears light watermelon/strawberry red on me (fair, neutral/warm) with hints of pink and coral (especially if I am wearing pink or coral, it will pull more towards the color I am wearing).
But I can see how it might show up strongly pink or coral (instead of red) on certain people based on their individual skin tone and undertones.

I think Softsilver Red is a beautiful color and I wear it all year long. It's vibrant enough for spring and summer, yet soft and warm enough for fall and winter.

Softsilver Red is actually a "classic" Revlon color that as been around for decades. It's just a genuinely pretty, timeless color that never goes out of style. And it's flattering on many skin tones. It just continues to sell year after year, decade after decade. There's a reason for that - it's a really pretty color. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wear this beautiful color everyday! The color is exactly like the name says, a soft red with silver undertones, and very multi-dimentional. I love multi-dimentional lips. I don't like lipsticks that are one solid slab of color (looks very grandma). This lipstick works great with a pink or peach lipgloss (I always wear lipgloss). If I want to amp the color up, I will use a red-lip liner underneath, and it looks absolutely beautiful. Would buy again. Love this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I really like this shade. It's more of a dark coral though. I feel like this suits fair skin well. A little background, I have a fair complexion and golden highlighted hair. This sticks out enough where you can wear it everyday and feel like you made a statement, but not so much so like you're walking a red carpet. It applies smoothly, and doesn't feel tacky. After two coats I got the desired color pay off. The frost doesn't really show up too much on me, or in general. The color is more present.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by SwampHenNZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this colour, it's a 'red' i can wear without looking too clownish. i got it really cheap in a sale and am kicking myself for not getting more.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Valerie1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really hate this lipstick. First, it is a pale, pink frosted lipstick. Not red at all. The color makes me look dead. It goes on very sheer and looks more like a stain than a lipstick. The formula is totally different from their creamy, pigmented lipsticks. I've noticed Revlon frosted lipsticks are very drying too. I usually love Revlon lipsticks for a drugstore product, but not this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I'm going to throw a little love at this lipstick. It's a more subtle and sheer coral red, definitely suitable for warm toned skin and even better if you're pale, probably. It didn't look frosty on me, but it did have a pearl-like finish. I thought it was nice! I have pretty pigmented lips, though, which can look plummy and grayish at their worst. This shade gave my lips a boost and the lipstick itself was moisturizing with decent lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

First glance in tube it didn't look *Red.When on my lips it was a coralish-red.I really liked the smoothness,no dryness & outcome of color.Would buy this again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

I'm not sure why Revlon calls this a "red". It's a pinky coral with shimmer. It's the exact color of Nars Niagara with frost. What would have made this a home run would have been to have added a few drops of RED and cut the frost down a little. I'll hang on to it but will not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have now ordered over forty Revlon lipsticks in all the formulas and was mightily disappointed in all but four. This was a bad one too. It is a nondescript neon pick with silver shimmer, identical almost to any of twelve other Revlon shades. It actually did look pretty good in dim light and looked like a soft red but was a nothing pink in daylight.
I ordered forty and sent all but four back to drugstore dot com for a refund.
The four I am keeping are Colorburst Carnation, and Peach, and
Superlustrous in Rose & Shine and Apricot Fantasy. The rest are all very dark browns, and blue based purplish pinks that are very dark.
Nude #1 was a nice nude, but still did nothing for me.
I'm sticking with Mac.