MAC Fabby Lipstick

4.3

on 5/14/2015 2:45:00 PM

This is a really underrated lipstick!

I assume it's because it's technically a frost, many people give it a pass. I almost did, but I am ever glad I didn't in the end, and I am not a frost girl!

It's a soft, warm, almost bubblegum pink, and the "frost" is actually gold instead of frosty. Some people have complained about how it leaves behind a gold shimmer as it wears off, but I almost like it more and more as it does so.

I wear it with an MLBB lipliner and MAC Hip'n'Happy in the middle of my lower lip as an ombre. As the Fabby wears off, the gold shimmer subtly glows over the lighter, cooler lipliner, which fades out to my 'natural' lips.

You really need to see it after a few hours as well as just a fresh application. It's just lovely in my opinion.

My MUA put this on me for my grad pictures and I absolutely loved it! It was a "better-than-my-lips" colour and I had been looking for one for ages. One week later, I bought it :)

on 1/31/2015 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have quite a few Mac lipsticks and this is my absolute favorite. It's the only frost I have, as I am not usually into the "frost" look. This color is perfection. It stays on a good amount of time and is just beautiful. I am Caucasian with medium skin tone, blonde hair and brown eyes. I would recommend this beautiful pink frost to anyone.

on 8/19/2014 7:07:00 AM

I haven't bought a frost lipstick since the early 2000's. So Fabby kind of caught me off guard. I wanted a summer mauve pink nude lip. I wanted what I always thought VGV was on me until one day it started to feel too brown on my NW20 skin (almost black hair, brown eyes, rosy mauve lips, deep soft winter). Creme Cup (my soft pink for winter) felt too off in the summer. The MUA at the MAC counter walked me through a lot of shades. Sweetie and Syrup still offered too much color. I wanted to mute down my naturally pigmented lips, but not have concealer lips. She finally showed me Fabby. Fabby is a muted pink beige with a lovely golden twist that made this the summer polished lip I had been looking for. I say summer because I haven't tried it with my fall looks yet. It gave me the easy, polished, but not overly done up look I was craving. This color still surprises me every time I put it on. Since it is a muted shade the sheen of the frost doesn't seem over powering. The shade is not too brown, too pink, or too gray...it is the perfect balance. I feel like I just found this little gem on the land of forgotten lipsticks (frosts).

on 3/28/2014 10:06:00 AM

I'm not a big frost fan. This though is an awesome mauve/plum/taupe shade that give iridescence and can can stand on it's own without looking to chalky. I am a NW25 so I can wear warms as well as cools. This shade is so versatile I've worn it both ways and it works fine warm or cool. I do need to use a lip pencil so my upper lip doesn't look too light but other than that no complaints. I think this will make a great summer color after my skin gets a little sun!

on 5/22/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Loving this new lipstick. Cant believe I overlooked it for years. Its much plummer than midimauve and much more mauve than creme de la femme. Not very frosty more like metallic. Seems much creamier than Angel which is also a lighter pink frost lipstick.

Wears for a couple hours. Its a plum/mauve light sheer color on my nc25 fair dark blonde. Reminds me of Bobbi brown metallic twilight pink which was d/c but this is lighter by a shade.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I canít tell you how much I love this lipstick! Iím obsessed with MAC and I tried this lipstick on and it looks sooo beautiful on my lips! Iím NC30 for reference. I highly recommend it to everyone. Go try it out! Itís a gorgeous color and versatile and long lasting! I really love the color it looks really nice.
At first I decided to not buy this because it looked really average in the tube but when I put it on IT WAS GORGEOUS just perfect and so beautiful on my lips HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE!

on 6/9/2012 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm ususally not a frost lipstick girl but this one caught me eye. Fabby reminds me a lot of Expensive Pink in lip form. It's a beautiful medium yellow based pink with golden shimmer.

on 3/3/2012 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this color. Im very pale, with very distinctive cool-tones. And this is my good work-appropriate colour. Its more glittery than any other lipstick I have. I wanted it to be my Viva Glam V dupe - and it wasnt (MA at MAC told me it would be). But I still love it - its the no-mirrror kind of lipstick. Its pinky-brown lipstick.

on 12/21/2011 7:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Lovely pink, not too frosty just lovely for every day and easy to combine with lots of looks as well.

Popular Lipsticks