August 30, 2014 | 1797 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Fabby Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I haven't bought a frost lipstick since the early 2000's. So Fabby kind of caught me off guard. I wanted a summer mauve pink nude lip. I wanted what I always thought VGV was on me until one day it started to feel too brown on my NW20 skin (almost black hair, brown eyes, rosy mauve lips, deep soft winter). Creme Cup (my soft pink for winter) felt too off in the summer. The MUA at the MAC counter walked me through a lot of shades. Sweetie and Syrup still offered too much color. I wanted to mute down my naturally pigmented lips, but not have concealer lips. She finally showed me Fabby. Fabby is a muted pink beige with a lovely golden twist that made this the summer polished lip I had been looking for. I say summer because I haven't tried it with my fall looks yet. It gave me the easy, polished, but not overly done up look I was craving. This color still surprises me every time I put it on. Since it is a muted shade the sheen of the frost doesn't seem over powering. The shade is not too brown, too pink, or too gray...it is the perfect balance. I feel like I just found this little gem on the land of forgotten lipsticks (frosts).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

I'm not a big frost fan. This though is an awesome mauve/plum/taupe shade that give iridescence and can can stand on it's own without looking to chalky. I am a NW25 so I can wear warms as well as cools. This shade is so versatile I've worn it both ways and it works fine warm or cool. I do need to use a lip pencil so my upper lip doesn't look too light but other than that no complaints. I think this will make a great summer color after my skin gets a little sun!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loving this new lipstick. Cant believe I overlooked it for years. Its much plummer than midimauve and much more mauve than creme de la femme. Not very frosty more like metallic. Seems much creamier than Angel which is also a lighter pink frost lipstick.

Wears for a couple hours. Its a plum/mauve light sheer color on my nc25 fair dark blonde. Reminds me of Bobbi brown metallic twilight pink which was d/c but this is lighter by a shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I canít tell you how much I love this lipstick! Iím obsessed with MAC and I tried this lipstick on and it looks sooo beautiful on my lips! Iím NC30 for reference. I highly recommend it to everyone. Go try it out! Itís a gorgeous color and versatile and long lasting! I really love the color it looks really nice.
At first I decided to not buy this because it looked really average in the tube but when I put it on IT WAS GORGEOUS just perfect and so beautiful on my lips HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by pisces31919

I'm ususally not a frost lipstick girl but this one caught me eye. Fabby reminds me a lot of Expensive Pink in lip form. It's a beautiful medium yellow based pink with golden shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by oczko160

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this color. Im very pale, with very distinctive cool-tones. And this is my good work-appropriate colour. Its more glittery than any other lipstick I have. I wanted it to be my Viva Glam V dupe - and it wasnt (MA at MAC told me it would be). But I still love it - its the no-mirrror kind of lipstick. Its pinky-brown lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by theodoradb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely pink, not too frosty just lovely for every day and easy to combine with lots of looks as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by QueenSharon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fabby is a cross between Midimave and Creme de la Femme. As a NW45, I prefered both midimauve and Creme de la Femme over Fabby. Imagine a frosty version of Midimauve and Creme de la Femme with more mauve than pink and you have Fabby. In fact Fabby was so similar to Midimauve and Creme de la Femme, I ended up returning it.
It's not a bad color, just doesn't stand out when compared to the other 2.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is a close dupe for Mac Marquise D'. The only thing is they both have different finishes, but all in all, I still get the same ending result. Fabby may have a frost to it, but Im fine with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:59:00 AM More reviews by StudentNurse88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

one word....STUNNING! This is one of my favourite lipsticks. I normally wear it when I am going out in the evening. It's hard to describe but it is a purpley/pinky colour with a hint of a gold sheen. I have never found any other lipsticks like it.