MAC Fabby Lipstick

4.3

New favorite alert. Fabby is a cool mauve frost with an almost duotone shimmer? I honestly can't tell if the frost is silver or gold - I think it's a 50/50 mix. Regardless, this frost is very very fine and keeps the color from being too cool-toned. The lipstick applies smoothly, with no weird gritty feel. It has medium lasting power and when it fades, it does so attractively. It's a super low maintenance lipstick - Fabby doesn't even get trapped in my wrinkly lips!! I use a nude liner for definition but I don't really need to with this one. It can be a little drying but not too bad.

On my light, cool (in winter) olive skin Fabby looks very fresh and illuminating. Perks up the whole situation. It has a neutral feel, you can wear it with anything, yet the girly shimmer adds a fairy dust princess vibe with a dash of Angelina in Hackers cyber punk. Looks pretty hot with a serious eye as well.

I never fully understood what mlbb meant until I met Mac fabby. Something about them were always not quite right: too pink, too orange, too washed out, too dark.

I am fair... About an nc17 (I mix sff in nc15/20 together. So I'm quite literally nc17 or 18). My lips seem to have a mauve/plum undertone to them naturally-- my fair skin had QUITE a bit of yellow.

To keep it short-- fabby is perfect!! Mauve undertone like my natural lips- check!
Moisturizing formula so I don't have to prep my lips: check!
Makes my lips look fuller/healthier than they are: check!
Gold microshimmer- to add to my WARM complexion, and not look too cool with its mauve base: check!!
Sheer but pigmented formula. Doesn't apply splotchy, can apply without a mirror: check, check, check!!

Yup, I found my mlbb lipstick. Love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a beautiful twist on a MLBB shade. Cool toned mauve which matches my lips but it also has a gold shimmer to it. Fabby is a frost and I usually stay away from frost finishes but this isn't that 80s aluminum foil frost. The gold shimmer (frost) is just enough to be noticed but not overboard. This lipstick goes well with NYX beige lip liner and Marc Jacobs Enamored lip gloss in 324 Love Buzz. I'm medium olive with dark hair and eyes and this lipstick compliments my features. From reading the reviews below mine, this lipstick seems to work with all different skin types and features.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gorg mauve gold frost lipstick! I happen to like frosts although other ppl may not favor them & I first bought my mom this saw how gorg it was on her for Xmas a cpl yrs back, I had to find a way to get my own tube! She's cool blonde brown eyes & im warm reddish hair grey eyes but it works on us both! Nymphette is also my fave Lipglass so u can see my preferences. I ordered this sight unseen for my mother so glad I did but the MAC swatches online are basically misleading!

I was lucky to buy this in Brisbane international airport in duty free. It was $29AUD which compared to my $40NZD lipsticks in NZ where I usually purchase MAC is pretty good. It is a frost formula lipstick, which I have never used before at MAC til now. I purchased it because it is essentially 'your lips but better' and a close shade to my normal makeup free lip colour, which makes it good for everyday wear. It is almost what you might call 'metallic' as it has a gold shimmer/reflect to it which I quite like. The gold shimmer shouldn't put people off as it is subtle and makes it interesting. MAC lipstick packaging of course is always nice, I now have a small pile of so called 'bullets' in my makeup drawer. Compared to my other MAC lipsticks which are cremesheen and amplified, the lipstick comes off more easily when eating. Although this is easily changed by using a lipliner (I used australis lip liner in miss behave) and it lasts really well even when eating and drinking. I would definitely recommend this colour for everyday wear and think it is really good for a MAC beginner.

This is a really underrated lipstick!

I assume it's because it's technically a frost, many people give it a pass. I almost did, but I am ever glad I didn't in the end, and I am not a frost girl!

It's a soft, warm, almost bubblegum pink, and the "frost" is actually gold instead of frosty. Some people have complained about how it leaves behind a gold shimmer as it wears off, but I almost like it more and more as it does so.

I wear it with an MLBB lipliner and MAC Hip'n'Happy in the middle of my lower lip as an ombre. As the Fabby wears off, the gold shimmer subtly glows over the lighter, cooler lipliner, which fades out to my 'natural' lips.

You really need to see it after a few hours as well as just a fresh application. It's just lovely in my opinion.

My MUA put this on me for my grad pictures and I absolutely loved it! It was a "better-than-my-lips" colour and I had been looking for one for ages. One week later, I bought it :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have quite a few Mac lipsticks and this is my absolute favorite. It's the only frost I have, as I am not usually into the "frost" look. This color is perfection. It stays on a good amount of time and is just beautiful. I am Caucasian with medium skin tone, blonde hair and brown eyes. I would recommend this beautiful pink frost to anyone.

I haven't bought a frost lipstick since the early 2000's. So Fabby kind of caught me off guard. I wanted a summer mauve pink nude lip. I wanted what I always thought VGV was on me until one day it started to feel too brown on my NW20 skin (almost black hair, brown eyes, rosy mauve lips, deep soft winter). Creme Cup (my soft pink for winter) felt too off in the summer. The MUA at the MAC counter walked me through a lot of shades. Sweetie and Syrup still offered too much color. I wanted to mute down my naturally pigmented lips, but not have concealer lips. She finally showed me Fabby. Fabby is a muted pink beige with a lovely golden twist that made this the summer polished lip I had been looking for. I say summer because I haven't tried it with my fall looks yet. It gave me the easy, polished, but not overly done up look I was craving. This color still surprises me every time I put it on. Since it is a muted shade the sheen of the frost doesn't seem over powering. The shade is not too brown, too pink, or too gray...it is the perfect balance. I feel like I just found this little gem on the land of forgotten lipsticks (frosts).

I'm not a big frost fan. This though is an awesome mauve/plum/taupe shade that give iridescence and can can stand on it's own without looking to chalky. I am a NW25 so I can wear warms as well as cools. This shade is so versatile I've worn it both ways and it works fine warm or cool. I do need to use a lip pencil so my upper lip doesn't look too light but other than that no complaints. I think this will make a great summer color after my skin gets a little sun!

Recommended for Medium Skin