April 23, 2014 | 1383 users online

Polishes - OPI - All Lacquered Up

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by mbrow222

I really like this polish. It is a deep burgundy wine colour. It didn't end up looking brown on my nails, more purply then brown. Very nice shade for fall and winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by 2venus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG red-vampy nail polish. Works well all year round, and it isn't so dark that it looks like black in lower light settings. I am NC20 and this works beautifully with my skin tone.

OPI can be quite expensive in Canada, especially the DS (Designer Series) line, so I try to order from Head2ToeBeauty.com which has the best shipping rates to Canada.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by allicat626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is a deep reddish brown. It is a little too dark for my taste, but it is unique and elegant.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by KatW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I find this colour to be very flattering to my skin tone, (pale and slightly yellow but still cool) I isn't a very exciting colour, but it is good for everyday wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Caliburnfaire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ah, this is my first nail polish review. Hmmm. And it's a rather negative one at that.

Well, I really didn't know much about the color, from swatches on the site from which I bought, and for some odd reason I couldn't find it in the reviews here. I finally found it today by simply typing in the word "lacquered"...which I could swear I did before I ordered.

Anyway, I *thought* this would be a deep, elegant burgundy on my fingers. It's not. It mostly looks like dried blood. A muddy, murky cross of brown and red. I imagine this would be called "death by nails" if it were put out by a quirky, goth company.

It just looks flat and dead on my nails and I really love vamp colors, usually.
Also, the application of this polish was awful. Perhaps I was sold an old bottle, but it was so hard to open and the polish actually had what I've come to think of as a "chewy" consistency. A tad on the rubbery side and it went on unevenly and took forever to dry. Why, I actually messed-up an index finger about three hours after my manicure. Huh??!!

Don't get me wrong. I'm a big OPI fan. This is probably the first one, of that brand, which I have disliked so much.
I have fair, rather neutral-toned skin, and this color does NOTHING for it. Very disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color was in the Malaga Wine slot and I purchased it by mistake. Two coats give a very deep brownish wine tone. I won't keep this polish because I don't like it on me (LOLA light olive, pale in winter, tan in summer). It may look a lot better on someone with a darker skin tone or on someone who is very fair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

got this in the sale bin at trade secret today...like $5. looked like a dark mauvey plum, but goes on as a deep wine shade with a creme finish. not thoroughly impressed, but it's an okay shade for winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a rich, warm, brown red creme polish that looks great against warm skin tones. It is quite tricky to apply smoothly, though. I got the best results with two thin-medium coats. Because there is no shimmer, the color can look flat - I fixed that by using Seche Vite top coat. I don't like this color as much as Suzi Loves Sydney, because I prefer a bit of shimmer in dark nail polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by 16stars

A gorgeous brown-red! Looks great on my golden skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2006 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sakamotors

Not a bad red. I hate red nails that make you either look like you're tacky, outrageous or scary. But this red actually looks like it belongs on my nails.