October 25, 2014 | 1168 users online

Treatments (Face) - Isomers - h pur 100 HYALURONIC ACID

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Pinky137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is going to sound weird, but I think this product may have seriously dried out my skin. I still have some of my bottle left and intend to do a test after my skin has recovered in order to absolutely confirm, but I thought I should post this now just in case my experience thus far can be of help to someone. I have been using this for about two months.

The morning after I first applied this to my face, neck, chest, and arms, I was completely blown away. My skin felt moisturized but dry (as in the sense that there isnít any greasy lotion residue). I could touch my skin, feel just my skin, and it felt balanced. I have dry skin everywhere except my t-zone, so this was amazing. I had applied it, rubbed it in a little, and spritzed water over it.

The bottle was disappearing fast (the dropper drops huge globs), so after three weeks, I cut back everywhere except my face, combining the serum with Cetaphil lotion for the other areas. A couple weeks later, I stopped applying the serum on those areas altogether and used just Cetaphil in order to conserve my serum supply. Those other areas have been fine.

Meanwhile, my face started feeling dry despite am and pm applications and use of my lighter face lotion. After perhaps three weeks, I started using my heavy duty face lotion again in the mornings per usual, and that helped for a couple weeks. Then my skin really started drying out. I tried moisturizers and gentle manual exfoliation (I have rosacea) while using it, and my skin only got worse. My entire face eventually became covered in flakes. I was like a shag carpet made of skin. It is so gross. Strangely, my underchin area and the inner corners of my eyes were also completely flakey. That is what clued me in, because I never put face lotion there, only the serum. I discontinued use after I realized it could actually be the serum. I was in denial for a while.

It was only after I discontinued the serum that my skin has shown improvement, and the improvement was fairly immediate. It has been a week and a half of moisturizing lotion layers, no makeup, gentle exfoliation, and I have banished the dry flakes from the center of my face. I still have huge patches on my cheeks and temples and under my chin. Itís improving, and I expect to be in the clear in about a week.

It could be coincidence, so I do intend to do a test run to confirm my experience, but it really seems to me that this serum worked a number on my skin.

As a note, I see people on the interweb refer to this product as pure hyaluronic acid. This isnít so. This is sodium hyaluronate, the salt of hyaluronic acid. The two offer related but different benefits, so keep that in mind when doing your research.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by lstrue

Love this product! I just recently decided to give Isomers a try, and was really impressed when I started looking at the ingedient lists of their products. This one is no exception. Like many others have mentioned, you're getting 100% of the ingredient that most other lines offer in just tiny percentages in their products.

This product really helps plump and moisturize my skin without being sticky, oily or too much. It feels lightweight and still allows my skin to breathe. I would highly recommend it! The best part is that you can add it to whatever moisturized you're currently using.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by bluemelon

What a brilliant product! H Pur is just one single ingredient - hyaluronic acid, in both low and high molecular weight. To be able to get a product with pure hyaluronate is pretty exclusive, because a lot of moisturisers only contain a small percentage - Manuela did mention on the shows here that when she is asked to formulate a private, high-end brand, she will use up to 3% hyaluronate. So to get it in it's pure form is exciting.

Hyaluronic acid is the skin's natural hydrator, so it's pretty much adding what the skin already has in it. Hyaluronic acid can hold up to 1000 times its weight in water, so it is brilliant for adding hydration to the skin and giving that supple effect. This serum is a thick, gel-consistency, which is not tacky at all - it absorbs beautifully into the skin without leaving any residue behind. It can be used alone as a moisturiser (this would be ideal for someone with oily skin), or you can add one or two drops to your regular moisturiser to give it a boost in the hydration area (this would be great for anyone who suffers from dry skin, or just any type of skin where you feel like your moisturiser isn't hydrating enough). For a super super hydration effect - this is great for adding to the Isomers Desert Youth moisturiser, which helps to regulate and sustain this moisture in the skin. And best of all, both products are non-greasy, so perfect for my combination skin which suffers from extra dryness during the harshness of winter.

Overall, I think that everyone would benefit from this product in some way. At the moment (winter) - I am using it as an addition to my moisturisers, but I think it would be perfect in summer as a stand-alone moisturiser, when I don't really feel like putting anything on my skin (even though it still needs it). Highly recommend!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by CityGirlNY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is really awesome--the first hyaluronic acid that has actually left my dehydrated skin moisturized, as promised. I use it alone, or under Avene's Light Hydrating cream. It's always sold out on ShopNBC, so I had to buy it on Ebay--but it was worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Kikuchijones

I purchased the 1/2 liter (16 oz) when it was featured. Wonderful hydration that is absorbed instantly. In the morning, I mix a couple of drops with the Matrixyl 3000 serum and apply from the neck to my forehead. It's really great to find products that my oily skin really likes. I follow up with the Carnosine cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been an Isomers customer for years and have used One 3000 for Face and Eyes for years. I felt I needed an upgrade and bought this with the Intensive Serum with Soy in a duo. My skin is in great shape but the dry indoor heat has really taken its toll this winter. Within 48 hours of using this exclusively I noticed marked improvement in the hydration and tone of my skin. I found this non greasy but highly moisturizing, my skin reacted so favorably to this and the Intensive serum. Along with the Intensive Serum with Soy you cannot go wrong. Isomers are so concentrated and specific in what they target you won't be disappointed, especially with this. The only Isomers product I wasn't impressed with was the Copper P concentrate, I felt this was really useless for my skin. I will continue to use the One 3000 for Face but only during the day. The One 3000 for Eyes isn't all that but I will continue to use that but won't likely repurchase. ShopNbc.com sells this line exclusively and they have a return policy if you find these aren't to your liking.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For some reason, my face cannot tolerate this product. It makes me break out in small bumps. However, I use it on the backs of my hands and it helps my other serums and lotions penetrate a lot better. I would definitely buy again, just not for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 12:37:00 AM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the H PUR. It is fragrance, color and oil-free and absorbs very quickly. I have combo/oily skin and have not had any reaction or breakouts with this product. After cleansed skin, I apply HPUR and then layer one or two other Isomers products depending on what I think my skin needs. I dropped on point on the packaging because the eye dropper on my product was kind of messed up upon receipt.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by 393939

Love this stuff. It works to plump the sking and can be used alone or with other products or as a facial in the bath. Makes skin glow and soft and hydrated with no oiliness!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2006 1:15:00 AM More reviews by JMH46

The best 'basic' hydrating serum. Apply after cleansing, before other creams. Very concentrated - I use this over the entire eye area. A small drop is enough,and it absorbs immediately. Then I apply 'One for Eyes' from Isomers, then their Copper cream. No more problem skin, and the 'crepe' lid is completely gone. This also boosts any other serum or cream. It is fabulous.

Also excellent for eczema / sensitive skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No