July 28, 2014 | 1105 users online

Treatments (Face) - Skinceuticals - Serum 10 AOX with Ferulic

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by BodyBar

I started with this serum a couple years back and my skin did improve. I would consider this a great starter serum at a great price point for those that don't have the funds to dive in to the superior formulationa of this line (c e ferulic, phloretin cf). This serum with a physical sunscreen (physical fusion for dry or sheer physical for oily) gives you full protection from inside out against uva, uvb and infrared rays as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by wish71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample. Despite careful storage it started to change colour quickly, apparently it doesn't affect effectiveness, but it's gross looking. It also smells like bacon or hot dogs.

Honestly, I don't know if it's done anything for my skin, since I didn't take before and after photos and have few wrinkles. And it's winter, so one of the main selling points of UVA and UVB protection is hard to notice too. That said, my face feels really smooth after using it. $86 for 30ml though is too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by asw37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product. I'd used other Vitamin C serums before but was assured this was the better of the lot. Sigh, it turned yellow within a week of purchase. AND that was after storage in a cool, dark place with the lid tightly closed. It was VERY expensive for what really is a vitamin infused water. I have decided from now on I shall create my own.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by jessicaerabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to state that I have been using this serum for 5 weeks and I absolutely love this product when I use it with the Blemish+Age Defense and the Hydrating B5 gel. I have sensitive acne prone skin with mild rosecea and this combo seems to help restore balance to my skin. This contains the lowest amount of vitamin c, and is intended for people with more problematic skin. It doesn't seem to sting my skin even after I apply the Blemish+Age Defense.

My skin is smoother and the acne scars, freckles, and hyperpigmentation all are beginning to fade. My friends and family have noticed the difference in the overall clarity of my skin. Since I have started this regiment, I have been carded at every restaurant and bar (my friends are the same age and they don't get carded)! It has seriously taken off about five years of premature aging due to inflammation and sun damage in this five week period. Needless to say, I never leave my house without using these products and look forward to cleansing my skin, even when I am extremely tired. I am also looking to incorporate the .5 retinol to keep my skin looking youthful and healthy. If you have similar skin, I highly recommend that you give this a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by tempestnuit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is for the 10 AOX serum. I've been using this for over a month and so far I have really noticed a difference. First of all, my skin has a nice glow to it, looks healthy and even though it is preventative, i do believe it has visible effects that I can see today. Hopefully the preventative effects will be equally as satisfying.
I apply this in the a.m. daily, followed by the B5 gel. before using these two products i had dry dehydrated skin from the cold winter. Now my skin, which is usually normal, looks dewey and healthy. At night I have been using the Avene Eluage cream and I think that Eluage combined with this has given me amazing results, getting compliments from my family and friends! I do recommend this. the smell is funky but whatever, you get over it and it goes away after you apply your SPF moisturizer over it. Since my skin can be sensitive not sure i'll get the AOX 15. I'm quite happy with this one. Got it on ebay for a lower price, too expensive for me otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2007 3:31:00 AM More reviews by GinSengTea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Serum 10 AOX +, which is formerly named Serum 10. This is my first Vit C serum, that's why I started with only 10% ascorbic acid. I been using this for about 2 months. In the morning, I usually wash my face first, apply about 3 drops of the serum to my face and neck, wait 5 minutes and apply my Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30. So far, my only skin issues at this point in my late twenties is a few freckles and sometimes breaking out. First, this serum has a slight funky smell, but not like hot dog like other have said. In the beginning, I used too much serum and it make my skin look shiny. But eventually, I figured out an appropriate amount of serum and waiting time. I don't notice a huge different in my skin tone, but this is a preventive product. It is suppose to prevent aging when use with sunscreen or in my case moisturizer with SPF. However, I do notice that my freckles are getting lighter. Lately, I have been getting alot of compliments on my skin, not sure if it's the Vit C or not. All in all, I will continue to use this Vit C serum and next time graduate to a 15% ascorbic acid.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaKay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only been using this product for a couple of days so I can not attest to any of its benefits yet. But I wanted to write this review to let other people with extremely oily skin, such as myself, know that this product dries to a completely matte finish. It has a watery texture and absorbs immediately with absolutely no stickiness or greasiness. It keeps my face less oily for the rest of the day. The packaging, however, is not great because it's so watery that even the dropper is not helpful. Some people have mentioned that it has a strange smell. Well, I have a very sensitive nose and I couldn't smell a thing. It seemed fragrance-free to me. I will update once I have used it for a month. Update: I stopped using because it made me break out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2007 11:33:00 AM More reviews by ujinyoon

After getting a laser procedure, I was recommended this product from the laser technician. Didn't like it at all. it's too runny, which makes it extra hard to put on using the suction drop. I've been using it with b5 and phyto, and i'd rather use the c e ferulic. that works much better with the b5. oh, and the stuff smells like oxidized metal (rust).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This serum smells like hot dogs just like Skinceuticals CE Ferulic. The scent lingers until I wash it off. I have a sensitive nose though. The stability issue is still a bad one. It is packaged in a vial, which exposes the serum to air and light every time you open it. I had one vial with clear serum, and after only a few days of use, the serum started to turn a light yellow colour. This means that the l-ascorbic acid is oxidizing and losing its potency. Not worth my $$ IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2006 8:50:00 AM More reviews by barbiH

UPDATE (June 2007): I can no longer tolerate this serum since I started using Differin Gel last January. Not sure which is the culprit...either of the two glycols or perhaps the preservative. It's very disappointing. But I will leave the high rating since I think it's excellent for "normal" skintypes.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Skinceuticals is in the process of adding Ferulic acid to all their vitamin C serums. Ferulic acid provides 8X your skin's natural sun protection and a 96% reduction of sunburn cells in UV irridated skin (according to Skinceuticals research). Ingredients: Water, L-Ascorbic acid, ethoxydiglycol, propylene glycol, glycerin, zinc sulfate, phenoxyethanol, ferulic acid, panthenol, sodium hyaluronate, sodium hydroxide. continued >>

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No