October 30, 2014 | 1756 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer - Rose Sand

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by babyhutch

An SA at nordstrom applied this gloss on me when I was doing a makeover. I love it. It's this perfect Hitchcock blonde pink, very cool toned and understated. It feels nice on the lips and wears a decent amount of time considering it's a gloss. I also appreciate the fact that it wears off evenly instead of leaving a glittery mess around my lip line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've never liked lip gloss very much for all of the reasons that non-lipgloss users give: too sticky, doesn't last, funny taste, strange colors. And then I met Rose Sand. It isn't sticky, it doesn't taste funny, and the color is a lovely, sophisticated pink. OK, it doesn't last but it is easy to reapply. I can't imagine using anything else ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by mommala

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lip gloss is the greatest. It meets my tough criteria for not being sticky, having NO taste, giving a classy grown-up shine and being the perfect shade of very sheer light pink. I get a polished, natural look with this. Although it is expensive, it is the only lip gloss I have liked enough to purchase repeatedly -
Listen to Mommala....... TRY IT !!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by anguyent

I got this as a present and I am in love with it. It's a nice sheer pink color with tiny little shimmer. The color is gorgeous! To me, this is not too sticky and doesn't really smell like anything to me. I'm finding that I am grabbing this one more than any of the other lipglosses that I have recently purchased. My new favorite!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by luba

This is one of the best Chanel Glossimer Lip Glosses I've purchased. At the counter I was about to buy Sesame, which I love also, but the MA proposed this color to me to add a little bit more colour. I usually don't listen, but I am happy I did. The texture if really nice too. Not sticky, not to gel-like.

~AJ

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by didi23

This was ia a pretty lipgloss but as far as quality is concerned it is pretty low in quality it does not last longer than 30 minutes. For something so expensive it needs to be more high quality. It's just a non pigmented pink sparkle and nothing more. I can get more than that at a much cheaper price. Personally, I like a sticky lasting gloss. I don't understand why people want a long lasting nonsticky gloss it makes no sense for a gloss to last it has to be sticky duh! Think of MAC lipglass everyone complains of stickyness but it sure does last even all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by kanaichigosan

I grade lip glosses by these five aspects. I also give each aspect a number grade, which is averaged at the end to equal the lipstick grade. Please enjoy!
Name: CHANEL Levres Scintillantes Glossimer - 89 Rose Sand
1. Color
In the package, this CHANEL lip gloss looks like a very pretty pink; not a bright or bubble gum pink, but a sophisticated but young pink (sorry if you can't understand). On lips, this barely gives any color. This gloss gives more of a accent to lips than a color. As with all glossimers, this is not very pigmented. In Color, I would give this a 3.
2. Stickiness
This CHANEL lip gloss has a fairly sticky lip gloss. I don't reccomend you kiss, eat or drink with this lip gloss on; you'll leave a glittery pinkish mark behind. It was dissapointing how sticky this gloss is! Some people may like that, though. In Stickiness, I would give this a 2.5.
3. Shine/Sparkle
This CHANEL lip gloss is both very shiny and sparkly. The glitter is very fine, and it won't feel gritty on your lips; it also "catches" and reflects light, bringing attention to your lips and face. The sticky, gel texture gives a lot of shine. The shine is very reflective, and gives the illusion of fuller lips. Bravo, CHANEL! In Shine/Sparkle, I would give this a 5.
4. How Long Will This Stuff Stay On?
This CHANEL lip gloss will stay on for a moderate amount of time; about 3 to 4 hours if you don't eat, drink or kiss. To maintain the high gloss finish, I had to reapply a thin coat every hour. But if you want to keep just the sparkle finish, you won't have to reapply too much during the day. In How Long Will This Stuff Stay On?, I would give this a 3.5.
5. Package/Applicator
This CHANEL lip gloss comes in a beautiful and sleek package, as always. It is very convinient to carry in you purse. The CHANEL CC logo is on the cap to add prestige! The sloped doe-foot applicator allows precise application. The package will also not allow overflow. The package is also more sanitary than a pot gloss. In Package/Applicator, I would give this a 4.
CONCLUSION:
I would buy this gloss again. Why? The fine glitter, sheer colors, shiny finish and chic package make it a true lip gloss. The horrendous price tag of $26 will make me think twice, though.
FINAL SCORE:
18 divided by 5 = 3.6 (Rounded to 4 lipsticks)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by gina2328

Beautiful gloss. Very pretty light pink. Flattering with different lipsticks. Nice shimmer but not over the top. I wish it lasted a little longer however.

I love this with Chanel Waikiki Aqualumiere lipstick. I have already repurchased more than once.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2007 3:13:00 AM More reviews by daZblu

well, let's put it this way: Buy this if you want to feel pretty without doing anything drastic. An indulgence purchase, if you will. Packaging, as with any other Chanel glossimer, is pretty and classic without being fussy. Texture, as with any other Chanel glossimer, is velvety smooth without being sticky. Taste/smell, pleasant enough. Color? Well... it's pretty... I guess... Mostly shimmer, but not enough to make you look trashy, slight, and i mean SLIGHT color, but barely enough to make a difference. Think Air Kiss by Clinique, but with better taste/smell/texture. It works for everyone because it doesn't really do very much. Pretty enough, but for $24?, a little much..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2006 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Mona24

Very pretty pink gloss, with tons of sprkle, I can see different colored tiny sparkles under different light...simply gorgeous!! its very light and sheer on my lips MLBB, so much shine and pretty sparkle. I wish there was an like "already did" under would you buy again, I just called my chanel counter and told her to hold one for me.