Dove Energy Glow Shimmering Lotion

on 7/13/2010 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Why is this discontinued?! Only thing like it for the price. Love the amount of shimmer. Pretty, subtle, expensive looking.

on 6/28/2009 12:33:00 AM

I have been using this lotion for about 2 weeks now and have seen a huge impact it has made. I used to use the jergens natural glow lotion for about 3 years and it doesnt even come close to the results i have gotten with this dove lotion. the jergens made me get good color faster, but you cant use it on your feet, hands, wrists, or ankels because it will get orangy lines/streaks. with the dove lotion it doesnt do that because the color develops slower. I have also been using the Banana Boat summer color tanning spray and it works great with this lotion. I use the dove lotion sort of like a base tan and then use the BB spray. The BB spray i use about twice a week and the dove lotion as an everyday moisturizer. It looks so natural! Not to mention i dont have to waste money, gas, and time on the never ending trips to the harmful tanning beds. Needless to say, i will discontinue my use of the jergens natural glow and definatly make this my new favorite!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this product at the 99 cent store. Since I drink a lot of water my skin is naturally bright, but I heard about the slight shimmer in the lotion. So, I thought it would be a good lotion to put on when I go out at night.

Well... I am not a big fan of the babypowder smell but I do like the slight shimmer on my body. It does not make me look like a fairy like most lotions with shimmer in it do.

As for the babypowder smell...
I cover it up with a nice clean smelling perfume like Curve, so even if the smells conflict it will not smell like crap.

If I run out and see it at the 99 cents store, I might buy it again. Though I don't really think, in my case, it's worth any more then that.

on 9/15/2008 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like to use this product when going out for the sparkle and glam. I dont' think the glitter is overwhelming, if you pay close attention to your skin when the sun is shining on it, you can see the glitter but it awakes my skin.

and everytime i wear this..my friends always tell me i smell good or my husband always asks if i'm wearing perfume. it's worth a try.

on 6/15/2008 11:15:00 AM

I love this in summer and have repurchased it many times. I think it has been discontinued? because I haven't seen it in many stores in a while. It lends the perfect amount of shimmer to summer skin, and it's perfect for the days that I don't use a self tanner. I happen to love the powdery scent, but I can see why you wouldn't want to use this if you didn't like it....it's very strong at first. The scent diminishes quickly. Moisturizes great....comparable to my aveeno.

So, I initially tried the other versions without shimmer. I was so pleased with it I went for a re-purchase and got this instead. This is so dissapointing due to the shimemrs themselves. I would rather opt for a bronzed glow which seems natural rather than being covered in tiny glitters. I just can't use this before a bath to go for uni, cause it looks tacky. Even though the glitters are really tiny, once exposed to the sun they all shine tremendously. Just can't wait to finish this off. However, it's ok for a night out clubbing. Another neg point is that the glitters get removed on the second bath after application, and I def hate that

on 6/8/2007 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I will not repurchase this. The lotion is fine, it sinks in and does moisturize through a full day. I actually purchased it for my hands and arms - for the summer tshirt look. The sheen is subtle, which is what I hoped for. I am rating it so low because of the smell. The smell is absolutely horrible and there is no reason for it to smell so bad. It smells moldy and stale and the smell is overpowering. I will look for an alternative.

on 6/5/2007 2:43:00 PM

I just picked this up the other day and I have to say this is one best "shimmer" lotions out there -- very subtle. However, like other Dove body moisturizers, the scent is dubious. For this reason I am not sure whether I'd buy this again. I plan to update this review.

on 5/20/2007 12:10:00 AM

This is my new favorite lotion!! It absorbs quickly without feeling greasy, and the skin brighteners give my skin a subtle glow without being too sparkly or shimmery. Love it!!

on 2/13/2007 11:54:00 AM

I love lotions that lend a bit of shimmer to the skin. It just makes skin glow. I had high hopes for this product, but well, though it served its purpose, I just don't find the product moisturizing. The sheen it lends to my skin is nice, but I don't like the smell. I still prefer the Jergens counterpart to this.