November 22, 2014 | 1641 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Midnight Mauve 540

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by mirrorgirlmirrorgirls

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hate to wreck a 5 lippie rating but this doesn't work for me..i'm a fair, cool toned brunette with dyed reddish brown hair and rosey lips and this shade came out a dull, boring, pinky, murky color on me. IMO it might look becoming on somebody with light lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

okay; so this is the 2nd time i bought this. i absolutely love it. it has been around for a while. my mama used to always put this on me in pageants, and used it up. well; i couldn't find it anywhere else. but recently i went to walgreens and they had it. this is by far my favorite. i like it better than my lancome.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by evolxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fun shade to wear for a night out. I usually wear it alone or with a pearly pink gloss as a highlight dabbed on the center of my lips. It's a frosty, pretty pink mauve with a lot of dimension. It's also a great color that can double as a lip stain (comparable to Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Rhubarb). The lasting power is pretty phenomenal for a mid-tone lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2006 5:13:00 PM More reviews by HotttestBlde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a PPP Strawberry Blonde. Normally, I buy only high end cosmetics; however, Covergirl has surprised me a few good shades that are flattering, true to color, long lasting, and are frosted. I HATE dry matte looking skin and/or lips.

I like this color because it is a pinkish ruby color, so I can achieve multiple looks simply by changing my lipliner and/or gloss.

Looks fabulous with MAC Quartz lipliner and with MAC Burgandy Lipliner. Lancome Sundried Berry Le Lipstick creates a pretty plummy effect, which opens up a whole other range of make-up options.

Any MAC Lustreglass shade in pink, burgandy, or ruby looks super hot with this lipstick shade.....even Little V.

There are many options for blush, I personally like to use MAC Strada for a soft contour and MAC Angel in the apples of my cheeks. Lancome Pink Poodle is fun with this lipsick also.

I like to have a few staple lipliners, and versatile lipsticks, and glosses to create many looks with just a few products.

As for blush, I like a pink, plum, and neutral look.

For foundation-- Vincent Longo and for powder-- Chanel Double Perfections in Soft Beige. These won't change because they are a perfect match to my skin which allows to successfully play with make-up color.

I spend my money on eyeshadow because I can be uber-creative

For $5 you cannot go wrong with this lipstick.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No