Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Pineapple

3.2

on 2/25/2008 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

The intial blast is pineapple, which quickly mellows out to a mouthwatering vanilla pineapple cake (the coconut and slight cinnamon note make it smell more like a baked dessert than say, ice cream) I love the scent - but the lasting power is horrible! I normally don't have a problem with CSP's lasting a moderate 4-5 hours on my skin (compared to the stories of their atrocious staying power, I consider myself lucky for it to last that long) but this one is gone in 90 minutes. So the only way I wore this last summer is layered with BBW Fresh Pineapple lotion, with a roll-on from an etailer called Somethin Special in "Carribean Dreams" (a pineapple coconut vanilla ice cream scent) The combination was delicious - but it was only a means to use up the Vanilla Pineapple to get some kind of longevity from it. I have a half bottle left, and I'll use the same combo this year...just so I feel I'm getting my money's worth - but sadly, I can't repurchase this.

on 12/7/2007 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really liked this when I first put it on, smelled like pineapple cake mixed with a warm vanilla scent. Only about a half an hour later there was just a slight hint of sweetness and within an hour it was gone. Lucky it was only a sample. I would not buy this.

on 12/6/2007 1:52:00 PM

I really wanted this to work for me so badly ... I really liked it when I first sprayed it on me at the Sephora store (it smelled light and sweet, nicely tropical and fruity) ... so I decided to take the plunge and buy it. However, when I tried it again at home, it seemed so much more different ... much stronger, heavier, more chemically and plastic-ish ... which were perhaps masked initially by the Sephora store atmosphere and all the other scents and people around. Needless to say, I regret purchasing this since it is just too cloying for me and gives me a headache ... not to mention my SO really dislikes it as well. I'll probably have to toss it out or give it away ... Such a waste of money coz I can't return it either (bought it during cross-border shopping). Oh wells, can't win 'em all. Back to my staple of Aquolina pink sugar I go!

on 11/29/2007 8:59:00 PM

I Bought this yum yum over the summer. This is one fragrance I can't get enough of, but it'll have to wait for me to reunite with it again in the spring/summer (although it's suitable for all year round). This fragrance is like a heavy creamy pineapple that I find to be very sexy. Quite honestly this is the only scent that I like from CSP, most smell artificial to me, but this one is REAL. Again, I have smelled thousands of fragrances and am hard to please, this is one that will stay in the family!

on 9/10/2007 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

To me, this smells like a can of pineapple chunks. Seriously. I get an extremely strong metallic note mixed with a highly acidic pineapple. This stuff smells corosive enough to eat through anything like the spit of an evil alien in a cheesy sci-fi movie.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE. This is probably my fave from the CSP line. My friend sprayed some on in Sephora when we were there a couple of weeks ago, and afterwards, strolling the sidewalks of downtown Seattle with her in front of me, it kept wafting back and smacking me in the face...and I loved every sweet, mouthwatering minute of it!
I don't wholeheartedly smell any pineapple in it really, but there is that something really sweet at first, then it mellows into an almost heavy cream/vanilla bean pod/tasty dessert dealie where I just wanna lick myself all over. The best part is this one lasts on me for hours - very surprising for CSP!
Needless to say I had to buy myself a bottle too...and that's exactly what I did. =)

on 12/29/2006 1:56:00 PM

I have this in a sample from LuckyScent. It reminds me of an ambrosia-type salad my grandma used to make during the Holidays... complete with pineapple, coconut, whip cream and the tiny marshmallows. Personally, I think it smells rather delicious. I have to take off some lippies, though, as with all CSP scents, you blink your eye and the smell is gone. Also, I honestly don't think I'd wear this one, so I highly doubt I'd buy a bottle. I don't think this is worth the asking price either! I could find something fruity and sweet like this for a tenth of the cost.

on 12/13/2006 6:06:00 PM

This took me a couple of tries to get a handle on. I really fell for it though and would love a full bottle (I have samples currently from Sephora). This really makes me feel like I am on vacation...sweet pineapples in the air - very subtle coconut and vanilla...I find the pineapple stays true and even during the drydown I can still pick up on it. I surely hope to own a bottle soon.

on 8/7/2006 7:05:00 PM

I agree with Stilagrl. This smells wonderful! So many people are complaining that is too sweet and that is smells like candy. Well that's the whole point of the CSP Vanille Line! It's not suppose to be FLORAL or GRANNY type of fragrance. If you don't like sweet, vanilla, candy or foody type of fragrances then stay away from the CSP line!

on 8/5/2006 3:30:00 PM

I bought this because I thought it smelled SO good. Unfortunately I didn't wear it long enough before I bought it. The pineapple that I loved faded entirely too soon and I was left with something that smelled vaguely like candy melting in a trash barrel at the beach - not my favorite tropical smell.

Popular Fragrances