January 30, 2015 | 1834 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 10:55:00 AM More reviews by queennattyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this as a gift and was a little not that thrilled at first but now i realize i cant live with out it. this has completely changed my life. i had to be on steroids after a hospital visit and i had a ton of acne i normally have dry skin. i tried for months to get rid of it until i got this and i love it words cant describe how lifechanging this is

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2015 11:13:00 PM More reviews by ArielKaren

Okay so, I used my Clarisonic throughout a year and there are a few things I seriously do not like about it. This tool cleanses almost too deep for my liking, I don't like the bristles and don't trust that they really are sanitary. I had to wash makeup residue out of mine all the time. The battery charge also doesn't last all that long. I just started using a Luna Mini and I am in love with it. I thought I was in love with the Clarisonic at first but this is completely different. I think this is the kind of product that really works for some people and only "kind of" works for others. I have really nothing against it I am just much happier with my latest purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by rtaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Background info: I'm a 22 year old female. I had pretty normal, if not great skin most of my adult life. However, in May of this year when I switched from using birth control to using a copper IUD (no hormones) I noticed a big change in my skin. In the summer I got this awful acne (apparently caused by a comibnation of sun, alcohol and caffiene) which my doctor prescribed antibiotics for. Anyways, after stopping birth control I find my skin is so oily, I get cystic and hormonal acne, and I have these little annoying bumps under my skin on my forhead and on either side of my chin. I tried the oil cleansing method, I tried prescription strength facewash/cleanser, and I tried normal store bought cleanser and none of them helped.

So basically, I just have oily skin, hormonal breakouts, cycstic acne and little bumps all over (which usually just pop up on my forehead and sides of my chin). But I digress. My roomate recommended I get a clarisonic, and considering she is a makeup artist and has prefect skin, I figured I'd take her word for it. Price didn't bother me, as I don't mind spluring on skincare/beauty products.

So I've only being using clarisonic for a week so far, but already the results are pretty great. Your skin does feel so soft and clean after washing with it (I got the Mia 2 deep pore scrubbing brush/cleanser/clay mask set). I've noticed the little bumps under my skin seem to be getting smaller/less visable. Also, my breakouts clear up sooooo much quicker. A nasty cystic zit/pimple that would previously take like a week + to go away is gone within a day or two. Also the current redness/scars from old acne are fading away very quick!

So far, I haven't had the purging problems (I have gotten a couple of breakouts, but thats normal & I'm on my period). I have sensitive skin and haven't had an issue with the deep pore brushead or using the clarisonic 2 x a day (morning & night).

I really like this brush! I'm can't say whether or not its a cure-all, as I've only been using it 7 days. But for my problem skin, it has been immensely helpful in reducing the annoying bumps, leaving my skin feeling so soft/smooth/clean, and seriosuly minimizing breakout time. I would definately recommend this brush! And if you're worried about the price, girl you're worth it ;).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by chamomile26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The product never ship in clarision.com

I have made anon 30 nov 2014 via clarision.com and I paid for 2nd day air. However, it is still not yet shipped on 8 dec.

Then I have contacted the Clarision customer service on 8 dec, he said he confirmed the order ship on 8 dec.

Finally, the product is not yet shipped on 12 dec, I contacted frankie on 12 dec again, he said his supervisor will contact me for refund and explanation via email. So far his superisor not yet contacted me.

I am very upset for the customet service in clarision. The product still not yet shipped for 2 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got my clarisonic for Christmas 2 or 3 years ago. at first I was a little skeptical. Yea, it vibrates and cleans your face, but do you really need it? Let me say, Although sometimes I neglect my skin and forget to use it, when I do use it my face feels so much better. I have oily skin with dry patches around my temples and nose. I use this in conjuction with either my purity or microdelivery from philosophy and I love it. you have to be able to exfoliate well if you want your make up to go on smooth. This stuff really gets rid of flakes. Would I repurchase on my own if it broke or I lost it? Probably. This little sucker is expensive but I just dont feel like my skin is truly clean until I use it. They suggest changing the brush heads every 4 months I think but I am very good about cleaning the heads and they last forever. Good product

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by nakedmannequin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've owned a Clarisonic Pro for about four years now and cannot imagine my skin care regimen without it. It does clean very deeply, and I can tell the difference when I forget to use it; it powers through makeup like no body's business and helps get that deep-down squeaky clean.

What impresses most about this little machine is the durability. I use it and keep it in the shower and often forget to charge it until its totally dead. I've dropped in hundreds of times, the electrical outlet i plug the charger into even shorted out once, shooting out sparks! I thought for sure it was fried, but nope. Still works. Waterproof, drop-proof, spark-proof!

My husband also has facial eczema and uses it regularly to help exfoliate flaky skin, so he loves it too. Yes it is expensive but it is a quality appliance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by ShalaStar

I purchased my Clarisonic in 2010 and I have no idea why I've never written a review! It truly has helped knock out a lot of acne by deep cleansing so well. I also feel it has aided in my nightly skin care routine because after using the Clarisonic my skin is polished and ready to evenly absorb the products. Products being, Alpha Hydrox Foaming Cleanser + Clarisonic, spritz of rose water as a toner, a diy vitamin C serum, retinol and last but never least Cerave moisturizing lotion. When I get lazy and quit using my Clarisonic at night my skin will start looking dull and before I know it I'm breaking out. For those will bad acne, I would recommend getting the proper gentle brush to use on your skin. You don't want to scrub hard, but acne-prone skin can benefit so much from this little (and expensive!) device. It's a must have!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by judyblot

This is indeed a wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Finnatic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have had the Clarisonic Pro for about 1-2 years.

CON: The price. Hideously expensive.

PROs: Effective in cleaning the skin, makes my other beauty products work better, different intensities and time (manufacture set it for 1 minute but you can set it for 2), portable (I can charge it fully at home and take it on vacation even for 2 weeks and the battery won't die), option of body brush (which I don't use much), great motor, non-circular motion. That's all the pros I can think of at the top of my head.

I usually don't use this everyday but I can if I use it at the lowest setting and my cleanser is gentle, I use Cetaphil.

About 1-2 times a week I'll add my glycolic acid exfoliator to the brush and set it on low setting. When I use my retinol cream my skin looks a few years younger. When I use the glycolic acid scrub I don't use my Clarisonic for a day or two to let it "heal" even though it never turns red.

I would buy it again if I lost it. Would I buy a Mia 1or 2 vs the Pro? I'd probably get the Pro even though it's more expensive. You only pay once but the benefits of the different modes and intensities are worth it. That's my logic to paying more.

I have been told by many people who have come up to me and complimented me on my skin. I don't tell them it's my Clarisonic that is behind it all. (Sorry if that sounds conceited)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Please for the love of God start off with a delicate brush head when you first use a Clarisonic. Don't even try the sensitive head first. I bought one by accident recently and it felt like sandpaper. Only when I realised my mistake and replaced it with the delicate was my skin saved. Please don't be tempted to buy cheap knock-off heads because they are never as good as the genuine article and your skin might suffer as a result. And I would recommend starting off on the lowest setting and staying there if your skin likes it. As they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it! You can always work your way up through the heads if you have to but start off with the delicate one first. And don't press too hard! I only use the normal brush head on my heels, for instance. I find it too harsh for the rest of my body and I'm not particularly sensitive on my body. I use my Clarisonic once a day maximum, mornings only and even skip days and I think that's adequate. I hope this helps prevent more ladies going a bit OTT when they get their machines (I've been there!) and ending up with sore skin or broken capillaries (thankfully not me)... UPDATE: I've had my Clarisonic for two years and I still love it. If it ever conks out I will try the much cheaper Clinique version, but so far I've had no problems and I use it around four times a week. My skin has been through a very trying time with adult onset cystic acne, sensitivity and rosacea, but I feel I get a really good cleanse and most of the exfoliation I need with my Clarisonic.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No