Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush

bliss beauty trio

on 8/16/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

TLDR: the clarisonic is a really expensive reminder to exfoliate.

I was sold on the hype after hearing how glowing your skin gets from using and I got this for my birthday last year. 1 year later my thoughts are mixed.

Pros: does a decent job exfoliating. The timer is nice so you know to move around your face.
Cons: Price, brush head softness, noticeable results.

I think the die hard converts to the Clarisonic are those who didn't regularly exfoliate previous to purchasing one. I have rosacea combined with very dry temples and oily/blackhead prone t-zone. Previous to purchase, I used a $1 face brush from the dollar store combined with the Amore Pacific treatment enzyme peel (APtep) ~ 2-4x a week. I also used olay regenerist microderm abrasion + peel every 2 weeks. I switched to the occasional addition of the APtep with the Clarisonic solely around the same frequency, after my Olay ran out.

Skin changes: there was only a slight reduction in the milia close to my mouth. Texture remained unchanged. I didn't notice any reduction in blackheads, which was my main motivation for purchasing this. :( There is a softness to your skin after you finish, but it may be due to the blood rushing to my face. In my old routine, I got the same feeling after using the microderm abrasion kit combined with a bit of a longer face massage.

Noticeable things about the product: The brush heads felt much rougher on my skin than my cheapie face brush, and my rosacea didn't loooove it. It wasn't too much but I never wanted to go to using the clarisonic every day. Because I didn't use it everyday, I don't know if that's why I never had and purging irritation. I also never used the standard heads, only the sensitive. It looks pretty on my shelf, and tbh, it kept screaming at me to use it, since it costs $300 freaking dollars. I wish the battery lasted longer (a single charge didn't get me through a 3 week vacation w/no charger).

I am not going to comment on the "cleaning' ability of this product, as I use a makeup remover and face wash and have never seen makeup residue on the brush heads.

I am hesitant to recommend it, but I guess it's an expensive way to help you form an exfoliation habit, since I think most people don't remember to. I think if you regularly exfoliate in any way a few times a week, it'll give you similar results. And I think my previous chemical/physical switchup was way better for my pores than just using the clarisonic alone.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is actually a pretty good device, but it never ended up becoming a mainstay in my daily routine. I purchased mine almost four years ago after my skin care professional recommended it so enthusiastically I felt like I would be crazy to not get one :/.

(In my defense, the dude is 50+ but *easily* looks mid-30s, so when he sincerely recommends something that he uses himself (and he was definitely sincere!), it's hard not to fall for the pitch, especially since he's so ethical he's talked me out of purchasing stuff on multiple occasions, or at least made me try a sample first.)

On that note, if you decide to splurge for the pro version, you'll get an extra two years on the warranty if purchased through a professional skin care service provider, but it doesn't cost any more than it would if purchased elsewhere. That actually came in incredibly handy when my first one turned out to have an issue with the recharger (wouldn't charge unless the battery was fully depleted, which apparently isn't how it's supposed to work). Mentioned it on a visit with my skin guy over a year later and he said it was still under warranty and was able to replace it with a version that was even better! (Came with a back/body extension head, which the original didn't have.)

Anyway, I used my Clarisonic Pro off and on for over a year and was actually very satisfied with the results. It does a great job of cleansing/exfoliating, no complaints there. It just got to be a PITA after awhile with the need for periodic recharging (annoying when you live in a shoebox with a limited number of available outlets!) and the replacement heads are pretty expensive (mine kept getting moldy but that's probably an issue with my bathroom/humidity and not the device itself. Just saying'!).

If I'm to be perfectly honest, I just got....bored with it. That, and I'm not a fan of the kinds of cleansers that work well with a Clarisonic. I don't like soapy stuff on my face (I NEVER wash with soapy products otherwise).

My ideal cleansing routine is a physical exfoliator from a tube. Once a day, only in the shower. Product ennui isn't an issue because I can always try a new exfoliant when I get bored with the current one. That has been my routine since I was a teen and I'm now 38. It works for me. The Clarisonic was an interesting experiment, truly works well, and I would recommend it (or other similar devices that do the same thing) to other people.

Me, I'm cheap and lazy, with the attention span of a gnat, and I'm okay with that. My skin is pretty happy too.

I've been using this for over 2 years now and I'm still loving it. Makes my skin look radiant and no acne! Love this and would recommend for sure.

on 5/15/2015 11:05:00 AM

This made my skin go haywire. I was told it can cause purging without irritation. The purging should clear up after about 4 month of use. I first had the original mia now the pro. The mia is easier to control not top heavy like the pro. The pro comes with a dock charging stand and a body brush with extended stick. It give you more time to wash that about it. The charge life is not long enough it last about 10 times use. The body function time is not long enough. After about 6 months the charge did not stay had to charge it everyday. 9 months it just complete died would not charge or turn on. I had to sent it back to Clarisonic and they send me a new one. I have tried all the brushes even the cashmere. The cashmere bushes are horrible the bristles are too long soft and not enough bristles. The other ones are too hard irritating.
Con/Problems. This over stimulated my skin cause the worse breakouts from whiteheads worse cystic pimples and under the skin bumps that did not clear up after 4 months. In addition my skin become red flaky peeling cheek red and raw. The complexion red and dull. Made my skin worse then what I had. I even used it less but still same problems. I stop using for a couple months and used again same problems.
I clean the brush heads with antibacterial soap and let them fully dry even change the heads out every 3 months still same problems. Too irritating and damaging to the skin. A rubber cleansing pad with tiny nubs works better without irritation or over stimulating the skin only cost around $6.

on 4/24/2015 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

love it!

on 3/29/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I loooove this product ..it has. changed my life and outward appearance!

on 3/11/2015 5:56:00 PM

I have been using my clarisonic for 4 months now. I purchased it in hopes of getting rid of blackheads on my nose and areas of flakey skin. My previous cleansing routine was using my hands and any soap I would come by (sometimes Clinique or a dove bar or apricot scrub). After 4 months of clarisonic I still have flakey skin and the blackheads have never been worse.. I even purchased the deep pore brush. Since using, I have had so many small breakouts in places there never have been before. I've always had clear skin.. Not anymore thanks to this tool.
I keep using it in hopes it will do something beneficial and because I feel like I have to due to how much money I spent on it!
If youre looking to get rid of blackheads do NOT purchase this! Waste of money :(

on 2/8/2015 10:05:00 PM

I've used the clarisonic regularly for about 3 years, usually once a day. One of my favorite tools-I even take it with me when I travel. It seems as though my scrubs and products absorb more easily when I use this. My pores seem smaller. It is a pricey tool, there are a number of cheaper versions available now-if I were first purchasing a product now, I might try one of those first.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. I have oily, acne prone skin that is very sensitive so I was nervous about trying it as I thought it might be too harsh but it works great. Twice a day is a little too much for me to handle right now so I stick with once a day at night to take all my makeup off. Before this when I washed with only my hands, there was always makeup left on my skin. This takes it ALL off. If you do it more than a minute, I could see how it would be very irritating so I don't recommend doing that. I love this thing!

on 1/23/2015 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i got this as a gift and was a little not that thrilled at first but now i realize i cant live with out it. this has completely changed my life. i had to be on steroids after a hospital visit and i had a ton of acne i normally have dry skin. i tried for months to get rid of it until i got this and i love it words cant describe how lifechanging this is

Popular Misc Beauty Tools