November 26, 2014 | 1023 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Moisture Extreme - Desert Bloom [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very beautiful everyday color for my pale coloring, a light muted rose. Applies silky smooth and lasts a good time, doesn't break off in the tube. Hooray!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by lubenica1

They still sell this lipstick in Boots (UK), but since it is positioned on the bottom of the shelf, I assume that this line has been discontinued and they are selling left overs. I did find this colour in the couple of Boots I walked in, so it is still around.
It is a lovely, medium depth neutral color, kind of brown-beige-mauve. Perfect for every day wear, does not wash out my PPP complexion.
It can also be mixed with a stronger pinkish lipstick if someone wants a bit more pink in it, as I can't detect much pink in it, it is more of beigy/mauve colour as it is.
Very moisturizing, beautiful, smooth texture, the staying power is not great, however, after if wears off it leaves the hint of colour on lips, which is nice. Very subtle smell which dissappears soon after application.
Overall, I am impressed with this line, quality-price ratio is fantastic. Now I regret buying my 20 Chanel lipstick (too perfumed), could have bought 4 of these lovely babies instead!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by davidsgf

HANDS DOWN BAR NONE my favorite d/s lipstick EVER! I was on a mad hunt for a lipstick this color. My first choice would be MAC's "capricious" which they RAN OUT OF the day i drove to get it. I happened to come across this beauty and i am extremely loyal to it now. Everything about it is perfect. Absolutely perfect on my deeply pigmented lips. It just matches with everything, feels great, MOISTURIZES like it's no joke (which i NEED so very badly on my dry, flaky lips) and stays put like a champ! Way to go Maybelline. Will I repurchase? Yes and yes and yes and yes and YOU BETCHA!
Also, I love pairing this with MAC blush in "desert rose" .. they dance beautifully on my NC30 face together.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Twisty18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. I love the shade, and the smooth application. Its the only maybelline lipstick I own but I'm thinking of buying other shades. I bought this sometime ago and I'm running low :(, just wondering has anyone seen it in stores again?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by SusanC0425

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous MLBM (my lips but mauvier LOL) shade. It is a dead ringer for the LE MAC Sharp Beige. However, I have not been able to find this in the stores lately, and fear it has been discontinued. I adore the Moisture Extreme lipsticks, and highly recommend them. I'm a NC25ish for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by mariana79

No, this was not a limited edition lipstick. I have been buying it since the fall of 2005 and am devastated this week because I can't find it anywhere!!! I think Maybelline may have discontinued it recently. Bummer... Is there a similar colour? I haven't found something quite like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 10:59:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I believe this might have been an LE summer shade from Maybelline? Don't quote me on that, but I believe so. I purchased this marked 50% off at Rite Aid (which also leads me to believe its LE) and was very delighted when I got it home and tried it out. It's a gorgeous nude/berry shade with a hint of shimmer. The Moisture Extreme l/s are very moisturizing and creamy, they last at least a few hours on the lips, and smell of crisp cucumber (which might seem odd in a lipstick, but it's actually refreshing!). I was bummed to realize that my Rite Aid had no more, but lo & behold I found another (also marked 50% off) at Target the following week! So now I have my backup. I would repurchase this if it were available.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This feels nice on lips, color is a pretty mauve-nude--perfect MLBB. Hope it's not dc.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 5:54:00 PM More reviews by redjellybeans

I love this lipstick. This is my HG. It works for me every time. The color is perfect on my NC30 skin. It's a great pinky mauvy color & it looks so natural. I am always being asked what lipstick i'm wearing when I have this on. I love wearing it when i'm playing up my eyes.
I love that its cheap & you can usually buy it when there is a BOGOF offer on. The only thing I don't like is the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by digit

Like everyone else, I can't believe this is a Maybelline lipstick. I'm a lipgloss girl making a quiet comeback to lipstick, and picked this up recently. Lightweight, smells decent, lasts long, and moisturizing enough to not need lip balm underneath. The shade is a pretty, nude-ish mauve that starts out a touch grey but it warms up after about 30 minutes of wear. I'd give this 5 lipsticks if it moisturizes this well in the winter, too. I'm hoping to find other shades in this stuff that'll suit me. The ones I saw at the store were overly frosty brown shades that wouldn;t, I'm a NW20 for reference. :-)