Guerlain orchidee imperiale

3.9

on 5/1/2015 12:34:00 PM

Well, the packaging is heavy, luxurious and beautiful for any vanity. However, I do not feel that it lives up to its claim. I have very dry skin but I don't feel it absorbs well. It doesn't hydrate a lot either. The scent is strong but smells lovely. Don't think I'll repurchase.

on 3/12/2015 12:36:00 PM

Not to sound like a miserable git in all my reviews, I want to write an all-positive review, so for this purpose I chose the product I like. Actually, the product I LOVE.
Firstly, let me say that I do not expect a cream to wipe off the lines off my face (either fine or deep); or to un-sag my cheeks (sadly they begin to sag).
If a cream could do all that, plastic surgery would not be required.
But we all know Hollywood beauties go to plastic surgeons regularly (and they surely can afford all the best creams in the world!), I assume no cosmetic product can really reverse time.
So what I expect from a face cream, is GOOD moisturising effect, that would last all day long.
If you think, a cream like that is easy to find, I would disagree.
Anyway, this Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale totally meets my expectation and does not disappoint.
The downside (the HUGE downside) is the price, I was almost crying when I was paying for it. But… so far one of the best face creams out there for me.
Would I buy again? I wish there was a button “not sure” as the price really, really hurts. But the cream itself is wonderful.
As I said, it does not reverse time, but it provides good moisturising, it smells really nice and the texture is very pleasant.

on 8/2/2014 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Has the whole world gone mad? This is too expensive but anyway. Guerlain claims it has a rare orchid extract that helps the skin. Fine but where is the research that says that for that price? Second this is so highly fragranced that it is ridiculous and irritating. Very nice, luxurious french cream. Leaves the skin soft. But so does Olay and Nivea. .I can not emphasize this enough...take the 500 bucks and buy a Coach purse. This cream is not worth it.

So...this cream. I love Guerlain and I love a lovely, rich, thick cream, so I was inclined to like this from the start. It is very expensive, $430 for 1.7 oz., so unless you have the money to spare, I wouldn't recommend getting this over seeing a dermatologist or using something like retinol that has a mountain of research behind it. It's not going to make miracles happen, but it will moisturize. The cream itself is nice and thick, just what you expect an expensive French cream to feel like. It's also fragranced and noticeably so, I can smell it for a few minutes on my face, so steer clear if you have any sensitivities to fragrance. I used this night and day after my cleansing routine and just smeared it all over my face and neck. It feels plush going on and leaves a wee bit of grease behind, but I didn't mind. At night, no one is going to care if your face is a tad greasy and in the morning, I always put foundation on over and found that I liked the extra slip from the cream. As for results, I can say that it did not irritate my eczema, which I occasionally get on my face, and it definitely calmed down any redness I had. My face felt moisturized and I did not break out, even with the heaviness of the cream on my sometimes oily face. I used it while I was 26, so I can't say that it got rid of any wrinkles, but it might have helped me prevent some. The thing that I liked the most about this cream is that it felt very pampering and soothing. I would sometimes put on more than I usually would after a clay mask and it was just beautiful. I always woke up with calm, clear skin. Overall, it's a lovely splurge, but I wouldn't say it's necessarily worth it if you're looking for some major results. If I happen to ever have $400+ lying around ever again, I'd probably pick plane tickets over this cream.

on 12/29/2013 10:11:00 AM

I received this cream as a Christmas present. It is very expensive.
But honestly it doesn't do much. It leaves the skin soft but this is all. In rest, it clogs my pores, leaves my skin skin very greasy and gave me pimples.
Even if it is for free, I am not using it anymore.

on 9/18/2013 8:48:00 PM

I wanted to buy this cream for a long time but the price tag delayed my purchase. Finally, I bought the cream and serum from e-bay at a fraction of original price and glad I did. It really keeps my skin well moisturized. It gives a nice texture and glow. The pores are reduced as well as lines. It also depends on your expectations from a cream. I never expect a cream to erase my lines. However, I took a great care for my face since I turned 21. I don't know if it genetics or creams that I used before did their job. I always believed in good moisturizing. It very individual, one cream that works for one person may not work for another. I used to apply shiceido line when younger, then l'occitaine, then la prairie. Guerlain orchidee is my favorite now. After a long time of cream regiment, my skin probably gets used to them and stops responding, losing its texture and silkiness . Then, I know it's time to switch to another line. But not with Guerlain. After 3 month of use my skin is still plum, smooth and beautiful just like first time. I use the serum before applying the cream and works like a charm. I realized some time ago that a serum is a must before any cream routine. It provides extra moisturizing.

Wonderful anti-aging cream exceeds my expectation!

I rarely write reviews on products I bought but I had to do it for this fabulous face cream! Yes, at the price of $420 for a 1.7 oz cream is hefty and it better be delivering "Magical" results! And guess what? It DID !! I am a fashion designer; I often have to stay up late at night a lot to work on my projects. Recently I've notice my skin has lost some of its elasticity, the skin color looks dull and lack of luster also has uneven skin tons and the pores on my face looks like it's been hit by asteroids like the moon surface! So I went to Nordstrom and got 2 tubes of sample of Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Cream; after 2 weeks of using it morning and night, I am happy to report back to y'all this cream is like "MAGIC" ! my pores shriek it's size dramatically, my skin tone is even out and gains back the "Healthy Glow" it was lacking, and I see the slight "Drooping" look of my skin that was starting to show sing of losing its elasticity now gains visibly of a more firmed & toned appearance! I've tried a lot of different brands on the market from SK-II, Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Dior, creme de la mer .... So far only la Prairie works for me but the Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Cream tops and exceeds my expectation!

This cream is rich but not "suffocating" ! I have T-Zone oily skin, but as I've just turned 40 years old, the skin around my cheeks, my mouth and nose area will feel dry and tight if I do not use a cream that's moisturizing enough. But most of the anti-aging cream is both too thick and oily like creme de la mer that will makes anyone who has normal to oily skin to break out! But to my surprise Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Cream is rich but not greasy, velvety creamy texture when you smooth over your skin but it absorbs quickly and leaving your skin feeling silky soft with NO sticky greasy feeling!

Trust me, go get a sample from Guerlain counter and you'll see and experience the same magic as I've with this wonderful anti-aging cream!

on 1/26/2013 8:59:00 AM

If you are debating if you should go for this.. do your research first!!! I didn't and I regret it now. Please, please, please!! save your money!!!! Try a sample first and see if you like it.. It's kind of rich and greasy for me.. I have been using it with the Orch Imp serum and it's too heavy for day use. I am only applying it at night. Haven't seen results in about 3 months use. There is so much hype about Guerlain products and I fell for it on a trip to Orlando when I was visiting the Epcot park. I got the whole kit: cream, eye cream, serum..
Do not ask me how much I spent.. I am embarrassed now.. If you want to have an idea try their travel set first. I know.. even that is expensive about 300$ US but still.. DO NOT BUY THE FULL SIZE unless you are absolutely sure!!
There are a ton of moisturizers out there doing the same thing at a fraction of the cost. As far as anti-aging.. I am doubtful now if that would be the case.. Now that I am researching anti-aging products I understand how important is to have an active ingredient to help with skin regeneration, collagen boost etc.. Nothing like this on its ingredient list. Orchids? Really?
People that rave about this cream maybe haven't found other moisturizers that work with their skin type and using this regularly makes a difference for them as moisturizer alone.
This was a HUGE disappointment for me.

Specifics: 43 yo, combo skin, T-zone oilier than the rest, some fine lines around eyes, hormonal break out every now and then not bad at all.
Best moisturizer for me Clarins Extra-Firming Day Cream for all skin types. Looking for a replacement since they have reformulated the cream and I am not so fond about the new version. Shiseido products are my second choice.

on 10/15/2012 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit: terrible clogs after a few days of consecutive usage. clogged pores and breakouts. not recommended for a daily basis. maybe only special occasions and such.
I won't buy, because it's hellishly expensive. But if you have the cash, and you need a beautiful moisturizer, this is it, HIGHLY recommend! This is the BEST moisturizer ever! It absorbs and doesn't leave a trace, it truly plumps up the skin, you need a small drop only, it truly brightens the skin! The lifting effect is genuinely there too. It can even be substituted as an under-eye cream, because it is rich, firming, absorbs immediately, leaving no residue, and doesn't irritate my sensitive eye. But- way too expensive for being just an excellent, exemplary, basic moisturizer.
As I'm young, I don't need to splurge at such a ludicrous level yet, for skincare, but in all honesty this is the best moisturizer I have ever tried, and i'm only speaking from the sample packets that were tossed into my bag. It's not a placebo effect because I expected nothing, and paid nothing, had never heard of this cream before either.

on 9/6/2011 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Have held off reviewing this cream because of the many reviewers who have expressed some form of reaction from using the cream. I must say that it is very good if your skin can take to it without too much trouble. Texture is just right for my 45 year old skin (normal/combo). I have managed to buy the toning lotion, serum, eye and skin and cream and have used the whole range altogether.
I must add though, that I started off with just the cream and my skin seemed to thrive from it. Also, I must add that I also use a sunblock (not Guerlain) and together with Orchidee cream, provided the perfect base for my foundation (Lingerie).
When it was looking safe, I then proceeded with the serum. Here's when it started getting eventful. The serum is way more potent than the cream and I used it faithfully for 2 weeks (cleanse, tone, serum, cream). My skin started to get a mild rash which was not itchy. I stopped all my orchidee products immediately and gave my skin time to heal which it did and recommenced using just the cream again. However, this time, I scaled back the serum to once (in the evening) every 3 nights. So far so good. Skin is back in good condition. On nights when I do put the serum on, skin feels great the morning after. Overall, I must admit that while it's a pity that I can't use the serum on a regular basis with the cream to get maximum benefit, the cream itself is fantastic. I've just bought the rich version to get ready for winter. Will be reviewing that when winter arrives.
EDIT:10/10/11. I have been so hesitant on writing this because it was so hard for me to admit that this beloved product of mine was just too strong for my face. However, I have applied the serum and moisturiser to my neck day and night faithfully for over 3 months and the condition of my crepey skin has gone. It is definitely firmer and in prime condition. Just goes to show how effective this product actually is. It does truly work if your skin can take it without any reaction.

Popular Moisturizers