July 28, 2014 | 1321 users online

Moisturizers - Guerlain - orchidee imperiale

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So...this cream. I love Guerlain and I love a lovely, rich, thick cream, so I was inclined to like this from the start. It is very expensive, $430 for 1.7 oz., so unless you have the money to spare, I wouldn't recommend getting this over seeing a dermatologist or using something like retinol that has a mountain of research behind it. It's not going to make miracles happen, but it will moisturize. The cream itself is nice and thick, just what you expect an expensive French cream to feel like. It's also fragranced and noticeably so, I can smell it for a few minutes on my face, so steer clear if you have any sensitivities to fragrance. I used this night and day after my cleansing routine and just smeared it all over my face and neck. It feels plush going on and leaves a wee bit of grease behind, but I didn't mind. At night, no one is going to care if your face is a tad greasy and in the morning, I always put foundation on over and found that I liked the extra slip from the cream. As for results, I can say that it did not irritate my eczema, which I occasionally get on my face, and it definitely calmed down any redness I had. My face felt moisturized and I did not break out, even with the heaviness of the cream on my sometimes oily face. I used it while I was 26, so I can't say that it got rid of any wrinkles, but it might have helped me prevent some. The thing that I liked the most about this cream is that it felt very pampering and soothing. I would sometimes put on more than I usually would after a clay mask and it was just beautiful. I always woke up with calm, clear skin. Overall, it's a lovely splurge, but I wouldn't say it's necessarily worth it if you're looking for some major results. If I happen to ever have $400+ lying around ever again, I'd probably pick plane tickets over this cream.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I received this cream as a Christmas present. It is very expensive.
But honestly it doesn't do much. It leaves the skin soft but this is all. In rest, it clogs my pores, leaves my skin skin very greasy and gave me pimples.
Even if it is for free, I am not using it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by lady1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to buy this cream for a long time but the price tag delayed my purchase. Finally, I bought the cream and serum from e-bay at a fraction of original price and glad I did. It really keeps my skin well moisturized. It gives a nice texture and glow. The pores are reduced as well as lines. It also depends on your expectations from a cream. I never expect a cream to erase my lines. However, I took a great care for my face since I turned 21. I don't know if it genetics or creams that I used before did their job. I always believed in good moisturizing. It very individual, one cream that works for one person may not work for another. I used to apply shiceido line when younger, then l'occitaine, then la prairie. Guerlain orchidee is my favorite now. After a long time of cream regiment, my skin probably gets used to them and stops responding, losing its texture and silkiness . Then, I know it's time to switch to another line. But not with Guerlain. After 3 month of use my skin is still plum, smooth and beautiful just like first time. I use the serum before applying the cream and works like a charm. I realized some time ago that a serum is a must before any cream routine. It provides extra moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by FashionistasDailycom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wonderful anti-aging cream exceeds my expectation!

I rarely write reviews on products I bought but I had to do it for this fabulous face cream! Yes, at the price of $420 for a 1.7 oz cream is hefty and it better be delivering "Magical" results! And guess what? It DID !! I am a fashion designer; I often have to stay up late at night a lot to work on my projects. Recently I've notice my skin has lost some of its elasticity, the skin color looks dull and lack of luster also has uneven skin tons and the pores on my face looks like it's been hit by asteroids like the moon surface! So I went to Nordstrom and got 2 tubes of sample of Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Cream; after 2 weeks of using it morning and night, I am happy to report back to y'all this cream is like "MAGIC" ! my pores shriek it's size dramatically, my skin tone is even out and gains back the "Healthy Glow" it was lacking, and I see the slight "Drooping" look of my skin that was starting to show sing of losing its elasticity now gains visibly of a more firmed & toned appearance! I've tried a lot of different brands on the market from SK-II, Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Dior, creme de la mer .... So far only la Prairie works for me but the Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Cream tops and exceeds my expectation!

This cream is rich but not "suffocating" ! I have T-Zone oily skin, but as I've just turned 40 years old, the skin around my cheeks, my mouth and nose area will feel dry and tight if I do not use a cream that's moisturizing enough. But most of the anti-aging cream is both too thick and oily like creme de la mer that will makes anyone who has normal to oily skin to break out! But to my surprise Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Cream is rich but not greasy, velvety creamy texture when you smooth over your skin but it absorbs quickly and leaving your skin feeling silky soft with NO sticky greasy feeling!

Trust me, go get a sample from Guerlain counter and you'll see and experience the same magic as I've with this wonderful anti-aging cream!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by tantica

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you are debating if you should go for this.. do your research first!!! I didn't and I regret it now. Please, please, please!! save your money!!!! Try a sample first and see if you like it.. It's kind of rich and greasy for me.. I have been using it with the Orch Imp serum and it's too heavy for day use. I am only applying it at night. Haven't seen results in about 3 months use. There is so much hype about Guerlain products and I fell for it on a trip to Orlando when I was visiting the Epcot park. I got the whole kit: cream, eye cream, serum..
Do not ask me how much I spent.. I am embarrassed now.. If you want to have an idea try their travel set first. I know.. even that is expensive about 300$ US but still.. DO NOT BUY THE FULL SIZE unless you are absolutely sure!!
There are a ton of moisturizers out there doing the same thing at a fraction of the cost. As far as anti-aging.. I am doubtful now if that would be the case.. Now that I am researching anti-aging products I understand how important is to have an active ingredient to help with skin regeneration, collagen boost etc.. Nothing like this on its ingredient list. Orchids? Really?
People that rave about this cream maybe haven't found other moisturizers that work with their skin type and using this regularly makes a difference for them as moisturizer alone.
This was a HUGE disappointment for me.

Specifics: 43 yo, combo skin, T-zone oilier than the rest, some fine lines around eyes, hormonal break out every now and then not bad at all.
Best moisturizer for me Clarins Extra-Firming Day Cream for all skin types. Looking for a replacement since they have reformulated the cream and I am not so fond about the new version. Shiseido products are my second choice.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit: terrible clogs after a few days of consecutive usage. clogged pores and breakouts. not recommended for a daily basis. maybe only special occasions and such.
I won't buy, because it's hellishly expensive. But if you have the cash, and you need a beautiful moisturizer, this is it, HIGHLY recommend! This is the BEST moisturizer ever! It absorbs and doesn't leave a trace, it truly plumps up the skin, you need a small drop only, it truly brightens the skin! The lifting effect is genuinely there too. It can even be substituted as an under-eye cream, because it is rich, firming, absorbs immediately, leaving no residue, and doesn't irritate my sensitive eye. But- way too expensive for being just an excellent, exemplary, basic moisturizer.
As I'm young, I don't need to splurge at such a ludicrous level yet, for skincare, but in all honesty this is the best moisturizer I have ever tried, and i'm only speaking from the sample packets that were tossed into my bag. It's not a placebo effect because I expected nothing, and paid nothing, had never heard of this cream before either.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by mrsminniver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Have held off reviewing this cream because of the many reviewers who have expressed some form of reaction from using the cream. I must say that it is very good if your skin can take to it without too much trouble. Texture is just right for my 45 year old skin (normal/combo). I have managed to buy the toning lotion, serum, eye and skin and cream and have used the whole range altogether.
I must add though, that I started off with just the cream and my skin seemed to thrive from it. Also, I must add that I also use a sunblock (not Guerlain) and together with Orchidee cream, provided the perfect base for my foundation (Lingerie).
When it was looking safe, I then proceeded with the serum. Here's when it started getting eventful. The serum is way more potent than the cream and I used it faithfully for 2 weeks (cleanse, tone, serum, cream). My skin started to get a mild rash which was not itchy. I stopped all my orchidee products immediately and gave my skin time to heal which it did and recommenced using just the cream again. However, this time, I scaled back the serum to once (in the evening) every 3 nights. So far so good. Skin is back in good condition. On nights when I do put the serum on, skin feels great the morning after. Overall, I must admit that while it's a pity that I can't use the serum on a regular basis with the cream to get maximum benefit, the cream itself is fantastic. I've just bought the rich version to get ready for winter. Will be reviewing that when winter arrives.
EDIT:10/10/11. I have been so hesitant on writing this because it was so hard for me to admit that this beloved product of mine was just too strong for my face. However, I have applied the serum and moisturiser to my neck day and night faithfully for over 3 months and the condition of my crepey skin has gone. It is definitely firmer and in prime condition. Just goes to show how effective this product actually is. It does truly work if your skin can take it without any reaction.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by janjarang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The cream is way too strong for my sensitive skin. My skin felt a bit burned after use. My cheeks started to develop dry patches after a few days. Good thing I stopped before the damage is done. I paused the use and tried again one more time. Same result... I understand that everybody has different skin type. However, I wouldn't recommend this for people with sensitive skin like mine. Better get some sample and test it with your skin first since this is very expensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by violet978

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

OK - for this price I expect results. This cream is ok as a moisturizer, but did nothing special for my skin. For $400 an ounce, I am disappointed.

The smell is great, but the product is chemical-laden and the pot is not entirely sanitary. I also think this cream may be a bit too rich for my combo-congestion-prone skin and may be responsible for some minor clogged pores.

I wouldn't repurchase - there's better or equal out there for much, much cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I received several generous samples from a lovely SA at the Guerlain store in Las Vegas and have been using this and the eye cream for the last month.

To note, I am 30 with combo sensitive skin. I live in a cold, dry climate, so my skin is always very prone to dryness in the winter.

The Orchidee cream smells lovely - very floral and fresh. It absorbs very quickly into the skin; however, I feel for very dry skin, you would need a serum or something additional underneath (as the previous reviewer mentioned), because it doesn't fully moisturize on its own. I woke up some mornings with very dry, tight cheeks.

As for its anti-aging properties, I didn't notice any difference in my skin after a month. I do have some fine lines cropping up, as well as some sun pigmentation, and this did nothing to help that. In addition, this cream made my skin a little bumpy - looks like clogged pores?

Overall, I had very high hopes for this, esp given the pricepoint, but must say I have reverted to my La Mer and will not be purchasing the full size of Orchidee. continued >>