Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've always wanted to try this! I finally got my hands on it when I saw it on sale, two bottles for 26$! I believe a bottle is about 30$ here in Canada. Anyways, I have fallen in love! So easy to use! So gentle! It removes makeup like a DREAM........... excluding waterproof mascara, which is why I removed a lippie :( But still! It literally feels like you're just using water. It doesn't irritate my skin or give me little bumps, which most makeup wipes/removers do. Also, I heard that Garnier has something just like this that costs less. Would like to try that as well :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this the last time I was in Paris and used it while I was there. Because of all of the recommendations, I was expecting something truly amazing. It didn't perform any better than anything else I used - just okay. It took off most, but not all of my makeup and sadly, it irritated my skin and caused my rosacea to flare. Try it if you want but I suggest you lower your expectations first. YMMV

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very gentle cleanser! But i don't use for remove my makeup. Because it can't properly remove mascara. So i still need another cleanser to do this. yet it's very gentle, didn't irritate or broke my skin.
PROS:
Removes everything but mascara..
Very gentle, perfect for every skin types included sensitive!
Paraben-free.
Fragnence-free.
Very gentle to use in the morning and after remove makeup on night.
Leaves my skin hydrated
Hypoallergenic

CONS:
Can't remove mascara

I recently got a couple samples from Beautylish and I'm quite surprised by this product. Micellar water to clean your face is super in right now. I've bought the simple micellar water from Target, but hated it. This, however, takes off my makeup really easily. I pour it on a cotton pad and wipe everything off. I'd definitely considering purchasing this.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Ok, so after reacting to some products I adopted a very basic routine. You know, temporarily. So apart from a few days trialling Liz Earle, my routine has consisted religiously from 4 products only: Eucerin Q10 SPF 15 day lotion, Eucerin Q10 night cream, Avene soothing eye cream and this Bioderma water. So let's move on to my review of this cleansing water (because that's what it is. Micellar, well, all cleansers have micelles in them so all cleanser are micellar cleansers!)

The good
- Fragrance free
- Packaging is practical
- A lot better (face) makeup removing power than other cleansing waters (namely Avene, La Roche Posay and L'oreal)

The bad
- Does nothing for eye make-up. I am wearing Benefit roller lash mascara and this seriously cannot budge it not even a little bit
- Even though it cleanses well for a cleansing water, removing makeup with it is a laborious and tedious process. If I used it after a day at work or University, then it doesn't take much effort to remove my (face) makeup, because most of it is gone anyway and I don't use much makeup on a daily basis. But if I use this after, for example, going out for dinner... Well, it takes many, many, many rounds with soaked cotton pads. In the end, the motion of the cotton pad feels irritating on the skin.
- Because of the previous point, it runs out quickly which makes it a costly option. Not to mention the cost of all those cotton pads.

The ugly
- With the skincare routine mentioned above, my skin became more and more dehydrated. To the point where I woke up a few mornings with my face feeling so dry that if I smiled, I could feel my skin stretching. I am 31 with normal skin in the Winter and combination skin in the Summer. I don't normally have problems with dryness, especially taking into account I have been using a super rich Eucerin night cream (actually, too rich for me). I really think this cleansing water (which I have been using am and pm) is what has been making my skin so dehydrated, and of course, with dehydration comes blotchiness and unhappy skin overall. No one has reported these effects with the Eucerin products yet many have reported these effects with this water. I have stopped using this water today and I will update if I find out this wasn't to blame. However, I really think this water can be very dehydrating and is perhaps better left for casual use rather than everyday use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very gentle cleansing, doesn't strip skin or leave residue behind. My skin loves this, how do I always forget?! Everytime I go back to it I see an improvement over when I use foaming/rinse away cleansers. I should just get rid of everything else already!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Very gentle and light on the skin yet removes makeup instantly and efficiently. There is no stinging of any kind. It feels like water. I'm currently using a non waterproof mascara and this can be removed easily. I would use Maybelline Make Up Remover Eye & Lip to remove stubborn waterproof mascara (works like a charm). I've not used any micellar water before so I can't compare it to any others on the market. A little pricey but it's totally worth it and a little goes a long way. They even have a small bottle which would be great for travel.

Used to use Bioderma before i discovered the Garnier version.
Its quiet expensive where i live so id always have to wait for some dicounts thats the main downside to this product because it does what it says, removes makeup easily without irritating my senstive skin, leaves the skin feeling clean (of course you need to cleanse your face after).
I heard some people say it removes waterproof mascara but it didnt remove my maybeline the rocket waterproof mascara at all.
Good product but garnier does the same for cheaper

It might be pricey but it is completely worth all the hype. Yes it will take you extra time to completely remove your makeup but that is because it thoroughly cleanses everything. If I just use cleansing wipes and go on with it afterwards I notice a lot of makeup residue.
It is indeed very gentle on your skin so their claim that it is suitable for sensitive skin is legit. it was actually one of the few times that a makeup remover didn't irritate my eyes.

However, the Garnier Micellar Water does pretty much the same job and has a very similar formula with actually less ingredients than the Bioderma one for half the price. Depending on the pharmacy though (at least in Europe) you can find some good deals for 2 500ml packs of the Bioderma Micellar Water for 16 euro or even less. The Garnier one costs about 6.50 but for 300ml so 2 Bioderma's for about 16 are pretty much the same price as 2 Garnier 500ml ones would have been.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

I'm a contacts wearer and have sensitive snowflake eyes. A lot of things geared towards us (e.g. Koh Gen Do micellar water, Caudalie micellar water, etc.) are listed as being safe for my eyes, but always wind up burning with the passion of ten thousand furious suns. And then to boot, don't fully remove all my makeup unless I sit and scrub at it.

Not Bioderma. Bioderma does not burn my eyes, Bioderma removes it within two or three strokes (it's not as efficient as straight up mineral oil, but it works very well for a micellar water), and it's scentless for the most part (or if there is one, I don't notice it.)

I hesitate to purchase it every month because as I stated previously, mineral oil is more efficient at removing makeup and doesn't burn my eyes, either. It also tends to be a little cheaper. But the reason I stay with Bioderma is because it travels well, if it gets on my clothes--it doesn't cause an issue, and it doesn't leave a greasy feeling behind. As someone with dry skin, I worry about my face being stripped too much, but I don't feel like Bioderma does that.

I also have sensitive skin, no break-outs or blemishes.

All in all, I really love the stuff and will continue to repurchase.

Pros:

- Very efficient at removing makeup for a micellar water
- Does not burn eyes (safe for contacts wearers, etc.)
- Does not strip skin
- Works for sensitive skin
- Packaging is efficient

Cons:

- Not as efficient and slightly more expensive than straight up mineral oil