Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 3/23/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is an "HG" (aka "Holy Grail") beauty product for me. I have suffered from extremely dry skin since I was in my early teens and I have tried hundreds of products in order to find one that would alleviate my problems. A chance recommendation by a friend on a beauty forum lead me to try NUXE Huile Prodigieuse. I wasn't expecting much, considering I have tried other body oils before with limited success. What a lovely surprise it was when NUXE Huile Prodigieuse helped my skin from the very first use. It sinks into your skin effortlessly with virtually no "drying time". The scent is light and pleasant, and fades after 30 minutes. The difference in my skin after only a few days use is unbelievable. My dry, itchy, rough and unsightly skin has been transformed into soft, comfortable and hydrated skin. I no longer have giant dry flakes on my face and hands, that used to make me so sad and self conscious that at times I would decline social invitations. I have used NUXE Huile Prodigieuse on both my body and hair. I was nervous the first time I used it on my hair, as I have very fine hair that is easily weighed down by styling products. I needn't have worried. Applying this sparingly to the ends of my hair and through the lengths left me with silky smooth and oh so soft locks.
NUXE Huile Prodigieuse has given me healthy, nourished skin, and that's nothing short of miraculous. This is a product I will continue to use and enthusiastically recommend to folks everywhere.

on 3/6/2015 7:56:00 PM

I bought a bottle in France, as it was described as a cult favourite.
I like it, but it's not a miracle product.

I like:
- the texture (I put it on after the bath and my legs feel very smooth)
- the smell (at first I thought it was sort of "old" smelling, but now I find it classy)
- moisturizing it provides (can out of facial moisturizer and used this in a pinch, my face was so soft, now I use it all the time for my face)
- my hair (put it on the ends of my very frizzy, dry, bleached blonde hair and it looks lovely, shiny, and soft. Plus my hair smells lovely).
- the packaging is heavy, and feels nice in my hand.
- the finish (when I put it on my body it has a nice sheen. At night I even like how it looks on my face.

I don't like:
- it's quite expensive (although I don't regularly purchase high quality cosmetics, so in reality I think this cost is pretty much in line with high-end products)

It's worth a try if you're in France and have the money to spend (it was only 16 EU!) Although I confess, I've recently run out, and purchased a new bottle from Amazon for $40 CAN, so I do like it quite a bit!

Nothing fantastic, but I think it's a good product. Worth a try.

on 1/16/2015 4:36:00 AM

I'm on my second bottle and I've ordered a third. This was and will always continue to be my favorite dry oil. I've used it for everything: my hair, to remove makeup, to moisturize my face, the give a glow to the body... It's fantastic and it smells amazing. It's a staple that I never want to be without.

on 1/12/2015 3:47:00 PM

I´m using a little 10ml bottle I got with a few other Nuxe samples . I use it on my face at night and under my moisturizer instead of a serum which I use in the morning. It has a nice floral fragrance and the bottle seems to last forever. It is a bit difficult trying to get the right amount out without spilling all of it. Leaves my skin very smooth in the morning. Wouldn´t use during the day due to the shine. I have actually invested in some 50ml bottles which should last me over a year with nightly use. Might try to get the 100ml as this comes in a spray bottle which should be easier to apply. I will probably try to decanter the bigger bottles into the 10ml one as it is easier to handle and looks quite cute.

on 12/15/2014 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Update 12/31/2014:
Ok, I was Sooo wrong with my earlier review!! I gave this oil another try and now I'm hooked!!! I use it as a face moisturiser and I love it. It sinks in quickly, doesn't break me out and gives me such a nice glow. Even my father noticed it and asked what I did to my face "it looked so gorgeous". I've been playing around with it and do notice a difference. My skin is brighter, moren even toned and very soft. It doesn't shine, but glows!

I received a small sample bottle of this at my pharmacy. Since I was curious about all the magical benefits this oil has to offer, I tried it after my shower. This is what I think: packaging: nice bottle, but tricky because glass and oil do not mix! Substance: a nice and smooth dry oil, which sinks in quickly and leaves skin soft. Scent: soft tiaré scent, nothing special. My conclusion after a few hours: this oil is nothing special. It doesn't keep my dry patches moisturised, my skin feels parched after a couple of hours. I used it on the ends of my hair too, and also here is nothing worth mentioning.... No extra moisture, no extra softness. No, I can get a lot more benefit when I use pure almond or olive oil, or good old Nivea cream. Those are much more effective. I'm glad I didn't splurge on this average product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love it!!!! I have very very sensitive skin and combi (dry cheeks and oily t-zone) and this oil is just perfect for me. It balance my skin and makes it supersoft and glowing, yeah it's called gold-oil for a reason! I use it before bed and now on the winter (I live in cold sweden) I also use some drops of it with my daycreme (creme prodigieuse from Nuxe) and that's works perfect. I love the smell, it's fantastic! I think it will last for a long time because you only need 1-2 sprays for the whole face. The only bad thing is the bottle, it's in glass and I'm always afraid to drop in in the sink. I only have Nuxe products in my skin routine so I don't know how it works with other brands.

on 11/30/2014 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I've gone through 3 bottles it's that good. I use this for my body and not so much my face or hair. The best dry oil I've come across. It's moisturizing but not at all heavy on the body and just sinks into the skin so beautifully. You can put your clothes on and not stick to anything. The scent is this is delicious, divine, beach like and sunny....smelled so good I bought the matching perfume!

I think it is not fair only the bigger size come with a spray and the smaller ones don't. I find I burn through this quickly, does not last long. I have very dry skin, living in a cold country, and this oil smells amazing so I just dollop this on with pleasure and next thing I know I'm soon to be due for another bottle. I find you can mix this too with creams and lotions. Quite versatile. This is worth it. Worth the hype and every penny.

on 11/9/2014 8:56:00 PM

I use this exclusively for my face (too expensive to use on my body). I generally put three sprays at night (over serum or under a night cream depending on how dry my skin is) and one spray in the morning under CC cream. I have combination skin and this never beaks me out and keeps my dry spots under control. I personally LOVE the scent, it's beachy but elegant. I do also use Caudalie Huile Divin, but I prefer the scent of the Nuxe. As far as the price, it's well worth it for me since I use so little of it.

on 9/13/2014 5:34:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received the one with golden shimmer as a gift. I do like the smell of this oil and like the way it looks on the face. I tried on hair too, like the smell on the hair. It is nice in general, but I actually do not like the shimmer. I think the version without shimmer will be used more by me. But I do not think I will buy it since I can buy oil much cheaper and mix myself according to my own need.

on 9/12/2014 10:44:00 AM

I've like almost every Nuxe product I've tried, and so decided to give this a try based on the fact that so many people swear by it. I use body oils once and while and like them, but can't say I prefer them to lotions. This however, is a really, really nice formula. Really light but moisturizing, and the fragrance is beautiful. I love the fragrance so much I bought the perfume of it from Europe. This is best used RIGHT when you get out of the shower. If you wait too long it doesn't soak in as much. I have only used it on my body, not hair or face.