Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 8/14/2015 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I mix Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Dry oil into my moisturizer morning and night. 3 drops into roughly a half teaspoon size of DML Forte, my skin glows throughout the day and I wake up with nicely hydrated skin. My skin can be sensitive and dry, the feel of the oil with my moisturizer not only feels good but I have no reaction to the mixture either. I've been using this product for roughly a year.

on 7/27/2015 7:29:00 AM

i can't justify buying this again because it's way too expensive for what it is.

the glass bottle is really pretty and it feels nice and substantial to handle. i really like the packaging a lot (and to be honest when this runs out i'm just going to keep it and pour in that garnier stuff that looks really similar and costs about a sixth of the price because i like the way the bottle looks on my dresser.) it's a really pretty golden colour too.

the oil itself smells really nice, like hazelnuts and vanilla, but it's is very subtle. it doesn't stay smelling like that either, the scent pretty much evaporates when it dries on the skin. it feels really slight, and it just seems like once i've sprayed it on it disappears without really doing anything. i do feel very luxurious applying it after a shower, but i've not noticed any difference in how moisturised my skin feels. (although to be fair, my skin isn't really dry anyway.)

stupidly tried a tiny amount of it on the ends of my (oily type and freshly washed) hair after reading reviews of people saying that worked really well for them and had to wash my hair again, but it's just common sense not to put oil on your hair if your hair is oily anyway, so that's not a fault of the product.

so, pretty bottle, smells nice for a while but doesn't last, not worth twenty quid.

on 7/6/2015 11:40:00 PM

I recently discovered the Nuxe line & this dry oil is now a firm favourite in my daily skincare routine. It's a lovely, lightweight oil that smells wonderful & sinks in easily. I use a couple of squirts into my palm & gently apply to my face, neck & collarbone before applying other serums or moisturizers. It works very well in combination with a lighter serum like Jurlique Herbal recovery gel or with the moisturizing cream from the Nuxe Prodigieuse line. Overall it seems to calm & normalize my sensitive & cystic acne prone skin. (And to think I wasted my teenage years searching for oil free products....slaps own forehead....)

Since I just use this on my face & neck - the 3.3oz size should last a long time. I personally find the price a little steep to justify using it as an all over body oil. But if you enjoy the fragrance - use a little to tame flyaways or on your pulse points.

The square glass bottle is pretty to look at (it blends in perfectly with the collection of perfume bottles I have on display - tres chic) but as others have commented, it can get slippery to hold. You need to concentrate & try not to handle the bottle once you've applied the product. Which can be tricky to remember when one is standing in the bathroom bleary eyed first thing in the morning or last thing at night. :)

I find the spray pretty easy to use but if you're not keen on oil sprays - get the smaller size which comes with a splash bottle. I also purchased the Nuxe travel kit & pop the miniature splash bottle of this oil into my Ziploc bag of plane skincare essentials.
The travel kit is also a good way to decide if the distinctive scent is something you like or loathe.

Overall a great product that I will definitely repurchase once I run out.

on 6/23/2015 6:43:00 AM

I discovered this product a few months ago and now I wouldn't be without it. I use it as a body moisturiser, a facial treatment and hair treatment. I love the fragrance so much I even purchased the ear de parfum. The oil sinks in beautifully to my skin. Like others I don't particularly like the spray bottle, which can leave the bottle slippery. I make sure I clean it carefully after each use. I'm on my third full size bottle at the minute. I have a little bottle at my bedside to moisturise my cuticles each night.

on 6/12/2015 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I received this Dry Oil in a Beauty Box quite a while ago and never really looked at it because dry oils don't usually work on my skin + hair type. - I definitely can't use Moroccan Oils and other lovely hair oils as it immediately makes my hair greasy and stick together... Last night i noticed my cuticles were incredibly dry and beginning to chap - so i routed through my drawers for something good to use and found this bad boy! - applying it was easy, the scent was a strong Jasmine scent (Which luckily happens to be my favorite scent) - the smell didn't last too long. After applying it to my nails i tried it in my hair.. (Which was just tied in a ponytail) and my hair loved it!! - i didnt apply very much at all!.. i then rubbed it into my knees, elbows and ankles which always get dry! Tried it on my face too - All is good!

I will purchase this again because it is a nice oil for my oil hating hair and my cuticles love it too!!

on 5/19/2015 5:41:00 PM

Overpriced and overoily. Just sits on my skin. Glass bottle is pretty but difficult to handle. Who buys this stuff?

on 5/19/2015 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got a small travel size with a Nuxe travel size kit. I was pretty excited to try it, considering it is a considered a cult product! However, once again I find myself in that small minority who thinks a cult product is just an average and extremely overrated one.

First things first, the smell. It is so strong and cloying... And it lingers. It smells woody but in a bad way and is way too strong for me. I did not like the smell on my hair or my (body) skin.

Then, the consistency. Even though this is a dry oil, it feels very oily. On my body, it moisturises ok but takes too long to absorb and I cannot bear the smell of it. It gets into my clothes and everything. Lasts all day, too. Great if you like the fragrance! On my hair, it feels too oily, never truly gets absorbed and leaves my hair looking dirty and oily. Tried a few times and realised it cannot take the place of a dedicated hair oil. At least not for me. I have not tried it on my face because a) it is too oily and b) I would probably pass out if I had that smell right on my face all day.

Overall, this was quite disappointing to me. Had to use it up on my legs and quite frankly it performs just as a much cheaper oil would. Moisturises ok but feels oily. Feels heavy on my hair and makes it look dirty. The fragrance is overpowering and I really dislike it. I don't understand the love for this oil and I think it's incredibly overpriced.

on 4/26/2015 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I purchased this in January and due to product overload I have just started using this oil. I am a really hard nut to crack and this oil had me loving it after first use.

- compared to other similar quality oils, it is not over priced.
- the scent is soft and dissipates quickly
- the texture ( omg the texture!) is not oily but silky- it absorbs quickly and does not leave an oily film. I have been comparing it to maracuya/argan and various other oils including Boscia which is almost double the price.

I use this at night over my nightcream and wake up to unbelievably soft skin. I rub this on my arms, legs, neck and décolletage. It is glorious on hands too.
I will definitely repurchase and look into the other products in the Nuxe line.

on 4/26/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I thought I would love this product but I'm honestly not all that crazy about it. For starters, I dislike the packaging intensely - the clunky, square, glass bottle is easy to lose your grip on as it's not really designed to fit securely in whichever hand is holding it. And the spray application - it's a great idea that simply DOES NOT WORK FOR BODY OILS. The same holds true for a lovely oil I have from Cake Beauty....the spray sends the oil everywhere - all over the tile floors in my bathroom, for example, to say nothing of the edge of the tub, the counters, etc. unless I hold it really close to my body, which sort of defeats the whole idea of a spray, right? This leaves a slippery and potentially dangerous mess and it's impossible to spray this all over your body easily (for example, if you are right handed, it's not easy to spray this on your right arm, shoulder, etc.). If sprays actually put the product just where you wanted it, in a nice, somewhat wide dispersal but not all over every other surface, that would be fine, but they don't do this. How much more practical to have it in a handy pump bottle - pump the product into your hand and distribute it/massage it in. And this takes me to the even bigger issue with this product - massaging it in. Good luck with that. I find this just sits on the surface of my skin and doesn't really do much at all in terms of sinking in and moisturizing or softening. All it seems to do is impart a nice sort of glowing finish onto the surface of my skin, which still looks parched dry but with a nice sheen and in a Canadian winter, I need more than this. I'm happy enough to have this oil as I got it with my SDM points and it does smell lovely but I would not repurchase, mostly because of how awkward the bottle is. I'll stick with Cake Beauty Inca Oil, Caudalie or Clarins!
UPDATE: Since purchasing the Lise Watier summer LE dry oil, I've totally left Nuxe at the back of the cabinet. I've purchased a backup of the Watier product as it is LE and once I empty the first bottle of it, I'll pour the Nuxe oil into it because the bottle and the sprayer are both so much better and will make using the oil a lot more practical.

on 4/4/2015 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

In the most short and simplest manner, this product was good, I liked it, but far too expensive to repurchase. It is a body oil, meaning I would have to repurchase it at minimum every 6 weeks.

Pros;
- It was very moisturising
- It did not make you feel greasy, especially when putting clothes over
- Could use it on your face as a primer
- Smelt pretty nice, natural yet not overpowering
- Lasted the whole days
- Ingredients relatively organic, meaning I get real plant extracts on my skin opposed to artificial esters which mimic certain extracts
- Leaves body glowing looking very healthy, received numerous compliments

Cons;
- Very expensive if you think about how many pounds/dollars you are dishing out for this product on a yearly basis
- Body shop body oils were pretty much a cheaper alternative (though don't smell as nice)
- Bottle was too small for the price you paid
- Spillage is easy with the product (especially if you are clumsy like me)
- Glass bottle broke!