July 31, 2014 | 1849 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pro Longwear Lustre in Jazz-y-Razz

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This color was supposed to be a very natural nude color, but it ended up looking very severe and harsh on my fair skin. I think the formula was very drying, I felt like my lips were tightened and stretched from wearing this. But I must admit, it did adhere and stay on!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by themullens220

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I returned this in less than 24 hours. The color looked atrocious on me and the feel on my lips was worse. This requires major prep time(i.e. exfoliated, very moisturized lips prior to application) and it still looked awful and felt gross on me. I realize this is great for some people but I will stick to MAC's incredible Satin lippies and never this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by martiangurll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first pro-long wear product and I was definitely impressed. It had great staying power and did NOT end up flaking off or making my lips chapped like some other long wearing lippies are wont to do. (Maxfinity and Maybelline for example)

It is a little drying, but it stays put. I exfoliate first, to make sure it doesn't exacerbate the dryness or flakies. It lasts about six hours I'd say before it fades. (It doesn't flake off or come partially off--I hate that)

This color for me is very close to my natural color, maybe slightly color. The top coat is a bit sparkly (silver shimmer), but I like it for when I wanna look made up. Otherwise, I just overlay it with my gloss of choice, usually an uber cool transparent pink.

I would describe this color as stoney (grey toned) neutral to cool pink. It has no purple or brown tone to it. It DOES NOT look warm like the picture in the Pville review--my monitor makes it look peachy pink--it isn't. LOVE!

I will likely buy more of these and this product has renewed my interest in long wearing lipsticks--I had pretty much given up on them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Ssephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the longest lasting lip color i've ever used. This actually lasts for hours! It's a really beautiful color. It's great for any occasion. It's only around $20. Mac has great makeup. This is just another one of their great makeups.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by maidofhonour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

wow, this is a wonderful product. I've been using MAC for over 15 years but had never tried the pro longwear. When I went for a makeup application on the day of my sister's wedding, the MA used this. I bought it on the spot. It's a MLBB colour on me (PPP/LLL) and is basically the colour of my lips, which are pigmented and essentially a plummy/pink colour. The staying power is INCREDIBLE. I apply a thin layer of the colour, and make sure I take time to let it dry. The doefoot applicator is great; I can just put on as much of the lipcolour as I want. I apply the sheer longwear gloss afterwards. Like a previous reviewer, I hate that I had to buy a clear gloss to go with this, since I don't use the shimmer one that came with it. But the colour and wearability of the lipcolour is so good that I got over it. This is a great everyday colour; I apply it in the morning and then just forget about it all day - even through meals, sips of water, etc. This does not dry out my lips at all. Will definitely repurchase. I do prefer applying lipstick on dates with my husband etc - something about the whole process of lipstick is so fun, but in terms of practicality and if I need an all-day colour, this longwear baby is THE BOMB. The price sucks ($24 Cdn) but I bet that actually it will work out to the same cost-per-wear as cheaper stuff eventually. So I'll get over that ,too ;] 5/5

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this thinking it would be a MLBB shade. In fact, it's definitely lighter than my natural lip colour, which is usually an impossible look for me -- but this shade is an exception! It's basically a nude but with a cool lavender cast and slight pearl -- not so much that it looks frosty, just enough to give the colour some dimension. For me (cool PPP) it's far more flattering than the usual peachy warm nudes, which just argue with my skin tone. If you're a pale cool type, this could be your nude! Plus, this formula makes wearing pale lip colour much easier: the fact that it's a longwear means it won't feather off weirdly, and it's slightly sheer so it doesn't just erase my lips and make me look dead. I probably won't wear this frequently, but it's nice to have a flattering option for a pale lip.

My one quibble is that I don't like the glittery gloss that comes automatically with the Lustres -- I really think we should be able to choose, or that the more versatile clear gloss should just come with everything. I don't mind the look of the sparkly gloss when I first apply it, but I need to reapply gloss frequently during the day to keep the colour fresh, and it just keeps packing on more glitter. So I need to switch to the clear gloss to carry around with me. Which is fine, because I own other longwears, but if I'd only wanted this one shade I would have been annoyed at needing to buy a separate gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Dolcesugarplum

I LOVE this color- so pretty and good for everyday wear or for a glam pale lip look. It really does stay on ALL day, I find it a little hard to remove- but I noticed another reviewer below said babyoil will make it come off quick... so imma have to try that. It is a little drying, well, for me b/c I have dry lips and since it's long wear...i like it alone, without the mirror coat over it. Mine happened to be a little deffective on the mirror colour side but no biggie, i think it was just that one I happened to buy, I was just too lazy to exchange it- I love the color, will try the babyoil thing and will repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2007 2:19:00 AM More reviews by candygurlz

love the long wear and the color is great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2007 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Jillipede

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I find this shade to be very wearable. As others have said, it is a MLBB shade for me too. I applied with a chisled lip brush, allowed to dry, then topped with the mirror topcoat. It feels very comfortable on my lips. I do wish the price wasn't so high however! $20 USD. I am going to edit this to add that I think these lippies are just too much trouble to apply and remove and I can't stand the feeling on my lips. The color itself is very lovely, but I guess the pro longwear formula just isn't my thing. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2006 10:56:00 AM More reviews by LorettaCastorini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a perfect shade for me. Its an exact MLBB for me. And the staying power of this is totally incredible. I was using Max Factors Lipfinity in #16, which is pretty close to this. However, the MAC is less drying with better staying power. I do suggest a lip treatment under this that sinks into the lips pretty quickly...something like Clinique's All About Lips. Anything that does not sink in will lessen the staying power.