November 27, 2014 | 961 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Pearl - Wild Orchid 457

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by ailsalee

I don't think I would've paid full price for this lipstick in Australia, but Revlon is general is priced rather extortionately here (you lucky Americans). I managed to get this shade for $5 on sale at Myer instead of the RRP of $22. It's a gorgeous statement fuschia-purple shade with iridescent shimmer. I will say that the iridescent shimmer definitely comes off as a bit frosty on me in some lighting, but it stains really well and the colour is so beautiful that you can use it sheered out or just worn normally and topped up with a gloss, and it'll still look gorgeous. It's relatively opaque, and I think it's probably suited more to those with medium to dark skin-tones. The pearl finish Revlon super lustrous lipsticks, I find, are more drying than the creme finish ones but it's not a dealbreaker. I don't think I'd buy this again, mostly because I'm a bit of a lippie junkie and this isn't my favourite fuschia-purple, but I can see why somebody might because the pearl finish in this color is very unique and some people might dig it (I've heard Mac in Show Orchid is similar, but from what I've seen the finishes aren't exactly the same).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by 1017

On my NW20, deep winter complexion (almost black hair, brown eyes) this color is stunning. More pink/purple toned than MAC'S Girl About Town, more wearable, yet still very bold. It is probably one of most favorite bolder shades from Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by fallenoffwings

I love this lipstick! A pretty, purple-pink that is very bright, but not neon, and compliments my tanned/olive skin tone well. It only requires one application to get a good colour intensity, although it is buildable if required. This lipstick lasts all day, even when eating and drinking, but you can choose to reapply if you'd like. Even if it smudges off, it leaves a nice stain. Excellent formula for a pearl lipstick. My favourite bright lipstick without a doubt.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by hellolili

Great dupe for MAC's Girl About Town. Non drying, long lasting, good price-- love it. I hate the packaging though. The cap falls off in my bag and creates a huge mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

J'adore this lipstick. It's such a dreamy color on my NW45 skin, esp. with a lovely summer tan. This stuff really calls attention to my face in the best possible way. This is such the star of the show that I can get away with just mascara and sheer foundation.

Because of the way this color pulls blue on my teeth, it makes them look whiter. I get tons of compliments and feel fabulous with it on. I can usually be found wearing this every day I'm not in the office all summer long.

It wears exceedingly well and even leaves a stain behind. I removed a lippie for the way it wears on the lips. There are times when I don't feel like it's on my lips. It is but I reapply and can run the risk of it looking bizarro.

Otherwise, as long as they keep making it, I'll be wearing and re-buying this affordable knockout shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I'm obsessed with this color!! I love how its a pink lipstick with purple tones because it helps to make this suit my skintone better. Plus this stuff has lasted me all day (but at the same time, it doesnt stain my lips either) :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

Revlon lipsticks (and ankle boots...) are my downfalls in life. This lipstick is no exception - a creamy, non drying pigmented formulation that lasts all day on me even when I'm eating (use the blotting technique). In the bullet it looks like a bright yet medium-dark fuchsia that has a lot of finely milled shimmer. On my lips, it leans towards a pinkier tone and is surprisingly wearable for such a bright colour! I wear this on days I look a bit drab and it really alleviates the sallowness from my skin.

For reference, I have very yellow undertones and I'm fair-medium in colouring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this lipstick because I liked MAC Girl About Town, but I had been stupid and swapped it away. I have always liked Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks too. And when I saw Wild Orchid, I ordered it. Revlon is not anymore available in many EU countries and I dont really get WHY becuase they have so many star products that exceed the quality of anything LOreal and Rimmel makes, and they are NOT animal testing either. BOO for Revlon leaving us. Seriously, I do not know who to blame for that. I love Wild Orchid, it has the same ROCK GLAM attitude as MAC girl about town + MORE.It is a super bright deep fuchsia and it has sheen to it which is not so much that it looks cheap. I just find I love to put it on in days where I really want to kick some ass and need a confident boost. This is a color for all you AMAZONS out there. Also it does not dry out my lips like Bobbi Brown lipsticks and it is not greasy like LOreal and Dior and so many most others! I love it just as much as MAC lipsticks. I am wearing Bobbi Brown Porcelain foundation, honey blond hair, green/blue eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Marybeth818

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is not a show orchid dupe. It is darker and purpler. And creamier. Show orchid is brighter, lighter and pinker. They both have that duo chrome. By saying that Show Orchid is brighter, I don't mean to imply that it's bolder. I recommend them both.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I bought this during a BOGO half off promo at Walgreens and wanted to like it, but I think I would like the color better if it were a cream or matte lipstick instead of a pearl. On my warm, yellow-toned complexion, this has a tendency to be too 80's magenta/fuchsia and frosty. I feel like I should pair it with electric blue eyeshadow and wear my hair in a side scrunchy while wearing legwarmers. Anyways, the formula is really moisturizing, I just don't like this color because it's too loud and garish.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No