July 31, 2014 | 1706 users online

Treatments (Face) - Murad - Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by colormechic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you are not familiar with products containing hydroquinone and have never used it, please do the allergy patch test before attempting to put it on your face. This is especially true if you have sensitive / reactive skin. I am so glad I did because I found out that I am terribly allergic towards this product. I have used products containing 2% hydroquinone before and my skin was able to tolerate it. Not so for this pigment lightening gel.

Right after I purchased this, I applied the serum onto my wrist first as precaution. A few hours later, I developed small blisters on the spot where the serum was applied. The blisters are very similar to dermatitis. They started to itch terribly and my wrist turned red. Immediately, I knew that I am allergic and threw the bottle away.

Although I wasn't even able to find out if this product works but I am glad I did the allergy test before I ruin my face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used this faithfully twice a day for over a month and I slather myself with high SPF to make sure I don't get sun on my face. There is an ever-so-slight fading of my sun spots, but not enough to buy this again. Honestly, i think Concha Nacar is the best product I've used for lightening and it's only $4.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Beatmadl

I have read many concerning things about Hydroquinone, so this affects my feelings towards this product.

But if you put this feelings and concerns aside I have to say that this product really works. I've gone through two bottles of it and when I see pictures of my melasma from before, there is a noticeable difference.
My dark spots really have lightened up, they're still there, but much lighter than before.

It's such an unfair law of nature, that the products that work best are the ones with the meanest side effects.

So I'm still not sure, whether I'm going to repurchase or not. It's not available in Europe anyway, so I have to wait until I'm going to the states.
Until then I'll continue my search for something that works as well and does not have as many side effects.

I'm thinking about getting the Eucerin Even brighter.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Charliegirl6

I have fair skin with two very obvious age spots and read many reviews before buying this, as its expensive. I have noticed no difference whatsoever. I wanted this to work and be able to write it was fabulous but its really not, for me. Even if I had noticed a slight change I would have been pleased but there has been no change at all. Very very disappointing

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by DariaDorota

Both my mother and I have used this product. I had light acne discoloration and this product made them disappear within 3-4 weeks. My mom's skin transformation was amazing as well. She is 41 and had very vivid spots on her face from tanning. She used twice a day, and after around 2 weeks we started to notice a difference. Every couple of days we'd see the spots getting more and more lighter. Now, about two months later, her spots are nearly gone. This stuff really works, and it's worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by shimmygirl5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall I like this product. I've been using for more than 3 months and I can see the acne spots and sun spots on my face lightening. HOWEVER, I am also using other products with vitamin C and an AHA scrub so not sure if it's this particular product that's lightening or a combo of all the above.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for 5 months now. I saw a noticeable difference after using this for 3 weeks - a lot of my sunspots faded. I continued to see results after 3 weeks. I still have some sunspots left and I'm not sure if this will ever get rid of all of them, but I've been very happy with the results so far.

I use this product once a day at night and it hasn't irritated my skin at all. When I first used it, I noticed some little bumps on my face (not pimples) but they quickly disappeared within a few days after my skin got used to the product.

Overall I'm happy with this product and will likely repurchase in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by girrlbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product has done the best job so far at fading my freckles. I noticed my skin is more luminous and seems to glow. As far as fading the freckles on my face it hasn't made a significant impact, yet still a noticeable one. I have used about 3/4 of the bottle and with the results I see I am willing to buy at least one more in the future. For what I paid I am happy with the results :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by arwenem

After reading the multiple reviews I decided to try this product and I couldn't be happier with the results. I have hyperpigmentation from acne scars and this product has reduced and/or eliminated most of the reddness. I bought this product mostly for hyperpigmentation and not necessarily brown age spots, however, I have noticed that it has helped with mild sun damage. My complexion is 100% more even toned. You have to apply it consistently to see and get results. I saw results within 3 weeks.

However, I would not recommend this product to anyone who has overly sensitive skin. It causes some burning and mild irritation and should first be tested on ur arm or hand.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by lindadomini

Right off the bat.. I'm a fan of Murad... BUT... I'm not a huge fan of hydroquinone but I thought I'd give this a try since it was Murad. It has that same horrid smell of hydroquinone that I've come to notice in other products. On top of that, if you let it sit for a long while, it turns brown. I have light to light-medium skin. Didn't notice a dramatic difference in lightening and it actually made my clear patches patchy (not with blemishes but it made my skin look strange). I did see a slight (nearly unnoticeably) difference after using it around my neck and chest but I don't know whether that can be attributed to the product or to time itself. Gave it a 3 because I was on the fence, I love Murad, and I couldn't tell if it was the product or Father Time that made my skin look slightly better.