October 22, 2014 | 1847 users online

Powders - Revlon - New Complexion Loose Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by leilajansen

I only use powder when I use a moisturizer that makes my skin look a bit oily and when it's later in the day and my skin has become a bit oily.

I always used to use Yardley compact powder until I moved to a place where the shops don't stock it. I changed to this powder, thinking that it would be just as good.

It seemed okay at first- it made my skin smooth and matte, but after a number of uses, I started to notice that my skin was not as smooth as it used to be and I started to develop extremely tiny pimples from clogged pores. Consequently, I only decided to use this product when I really needed it....I have had the product for about a year now and after only having used it a few times, it seems to be smelling and looking slightly stale.

I think that it's not that great for the price... I'm pretty sure that you can find a better quality powder from another brand at a better price.

Furthermore, there is not much information about the ingredients of this powder- lately I have been looking for products that are low or no hazard, according to the EWG, so my next powder will be the Aubrey Organics powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by sexysxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this in shade #2 for my olive skin. Usually apply this over my face just to set my Revlon One Step Compact foundation. My face does turns oily after 4-6 hours after application but I'll just dab my T-Zone with blotting sheets :)

Overall Review:

Packaging: 5/5

Price: 3-4/5 (Quite expensive for a drugstore brand, for me)

Re-Purchase?: Yes, until I find another drugstore brand that is more worth it & shows results as well :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by alexis007low

Well, I hate how it makes me look pink! I have pale skin with pink undertone and I thought this should be something that can 'feed' my skin's desires when I first saw it. I chose it from Translucent and it did not look that 'pink' when I had a try on my hand. After sometimes I realized that it really make me look pink and I am glad that someone did tell me about the truth. The texture is not that fine, reminds me of Clinique loose powder. The lasting and oil absorbing power do not depressed me and the price is quite reasonable for people who find this suits them. It is best to be applied with a bigger face powder brush. Do not use that sponge with it because it may make you look cakey. I bought it at RM49.90 and it comes with more powder (compare with other loose powders).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by mandity

this product is absolutely horrid -- caused major breakouts for me after i've applied it on for 10mins. my skin is now very swollen and itchy. it does not hold makeup well. also, it forms a yellowish layer of powder over your skin that does NOT look translucent at all but just cakey. i definitely advise anyone against buying this product and I wish I could give it 0 star if I could!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This clogs pores, has talc in it & really is terrible. The translucent shade is yellow. It didn't set well, didn't control shine & caused major breakouts. Just yuk!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by barbiesweetdoll

it contains talc for oil controlling and i find this powder so so only.i'm using this in translucent o1.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2005 1:05:00 AM More reviews by chi77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've only tested this at the store and didn't like it. It's not oil-free, contains mineral oil that can easily clog pores and trigger breakouts on sensitive skin. The lightest shade is very beigey and I reckon it'll change to a deep brown orange by mid-day because of the oil-content in this powder. Great for those with medium tan skin with normal to dry texture.