I Profumi di Firenze Caterina De Medici

3.7

on 3/4/2012 11:11:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Aldehydic like Arpege, or is that the combination of Damascene rose and lily? Not sure. Definitely the same tarry rose smell somehow, dark, a little sticky, almost dirty. Interesting, but too formalized for daily wear. Might workj better as a night time scent. A bit too formal for me, and I've never quite settled with that strong aldehdic tar and rose feeling in perfumes. Otherwise, it's a nicely blended old fashioned formal all the way.

on 6/20/2007 2:34:00 AM

Petroleum-tinged lily of the valley and a dirty iris ride herd on a wild, shrubby rose and its sharp leaves and thorns. I'm sorry to say that I don't care for this one bit, after getting a sample with a skincare order. I suppose this is what constitutes a "green" rose rather than a red one. I distinctly get a sharp leaf-like note from this that borders on poison sumac, and this is disconcerting enough without this very strange gasoline alley LOTV note. I'm a Muguet des Bois wearer and must like my LOTV in its virginal state, or at least a lot less compromised than it is here. As this fragrance progresses, the LOTV becomes predominant and the rose secondary along with a rooted iris tuber and the dirt in which it is planted. I also thought it was pretty sweet at the beginning to the point of almost being fruity. This isn't my type of perfume at all, but then again I don't care for overly floral perfumes unless they are straightforward, which this one is not. I'd say this was sweet and dry and not lacking in character, thanks to that peppery leafiness and potting soil.

on 3/4/2007 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a free sample. This is a soft floral. Someone else described it as April Fresh and I have to agree. It has this spring time very floral scent that is also refreshing and airy at the same time. Nothing heady or musky in it. Nothing chemical. Excellent for someone that like's florals but wants something that is sweetly soft and portrays a good girl or romantic person. UPDATE: This really is becoming one of my favs since it has no artificial or alcoholic scent to it and is so fresh and pretty. I think it's what an Angel would wear. Unlike some others I do not like the bottle. It looks cheap for such an expensive fragrance. I guess they were going for a simple look to match the century the perfume came out, but it just does not work for me. But the scent is simply gorgeous. A cool floral without being aquatic. Just love it excpet there is the slightest vaseline scent mixed in. Even so, I think it is one of my top three perfumes of all time.

on 8/15/2006 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

There is something about this line, as Maxmina has noted. This is a brisk floral, sort of an April-fresh, clothesline-dried floral. There is no headiness, sultriness, nor anything even remotely femme fatale. This is light, lilting, winsome, wholesome -- and fresh. I do not think it smells terribly like Anais Anais, but it does have a sort of shampoo freshness I find most irrestistable. Like all else in the fragrance world, it's all about chemistry. The Renaissance packaging for this line takes my breath away. This is not to sound insulting, but if you like the smell of Agree or Samy shampoo, you will love this.

on 3/30/2006 10:01:00 AM

Lots of "cold", not fresh lily of the valley in Caterina de Medici.

on 12/9/2005 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a lovely floral, of Damascus Rose, Lily of the Valley, and Florentine Iris.
I do agree with the previous post, that it is similar to Anais Anais. This perfume has been replicated from a secret 16th century formalae.

I don't find it strong at all...in fact it is very soft, but sophiosticated. The rose note dominates on my skin, especially in the begining. The dry down brings in the powder aspect of the Iris. Lily of the Valley tries to peep through, but becomes dominated by the Rose, and Iris. That is it's only down fall for me.

on 11/25/2005 9:10:00 PM

Boy, I'm sure glad I sampled this. When you read websites' descriptions they sort of lull you into thinking yes, yes this could work! This doesn't work.I like Anais Anais but you can get that online rather cheaply compared to the $80.00 for this but, this is a watered down, much more disappointing version of Anais Anais and doesn't last very long. I have found that this particular brand has weak lasting power even though I love some of their other fragrances.

on 11/2/2005 9:44:00 AM

This is a strong floral pretty similar to.... Anais Anais. So, if you love this last you'll probably adore Caterina de Medici.

on 10/1/2005 4:05:00 PM

A soft sweet delicate floral w/a hint of powder, reminds me a bit of anais anais. Unfortunately it does not work for me.

on 7/26/2005 11:50:00 PM

There is something I just love about every iPdF, they all have that certain something which I cannot quite figure out. This is a gorgeous fresh floral and goes immediately on my wishlist. So feminine, flirty and fresh - like you just stepped out of the shower!

Popular Fragrances