November 24, 2014 | 1160 users online

Toners - Noxzema - Triple Clean Astringent [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by markychv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally found what works for me and THEY DISCONTINUE IT!!! Just my luck! The BEST toner EVER and its gone... just my luckl :-(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by skylinejewel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first used this product (and the first astringent I ever used), it stung like crazy! But I guess it worked since the cotton pad turned entirely gray! Guess that means it wiped off all the ickyness on my face. As I continued to use this regularly, the cotton pad gradually became less gray with each use until it was finally almost-white. After that though, it started drying out my face and even left wrinkle lines on my forehead. With prolonged use, this made my fforehead shiny (not as in the oily shiny, but as if my forehead was too squeaky clean(?) with wrinkle and dry patches on my cheeks and lip area.

I prefer using Dickinson's Witch Hazel regularly instead and will use this occasionally in the summer to switch things up. And also, this really hurts if you get it into your eyes, until Witch Hazel which is more gentle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is dirt cheap and works great. The first time I used it I was surprised by how much it tingled. I wouldn't say it stings or burns. I've come to really enjoy the refreshing feeling. I have pretty clear skin, but I was getting really deep, red zits and this helped clear those up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by miszlinda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the best toner ever ! ive had acne scars for 4 years and i was going to give up on them. like seriously my mom even said my forehead is so black and ugly from the scars THANKS MOM ! but anyways after using this for about 2 weeks it all cleared up i didnt notice but my mom said wow that stuff on your forehead is gone. after using it i stopped getting extreme acne and has gotten rid of my acne scars on my cheeks as well. i cant believe how this stuff made my face soo clear without makeup ! i use it 1 a day and my nose is kinda peeling but ill get over it cause id rather have a peeling nose than acne any day ! i just dab aquaphor on my nose and im ready to go ! so i totally recommend this its a life saver for under 5 dollars !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by tour2win

Noxzema rocks! I m thankful to this triple action line (cleanser, blackhead cleanser & toner). I finally got rid of my acne except a few occasional ones. This toner takes the last bit of makeup out when I use this end of the day following the triple action cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by TPAIN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BEST TONER EVER - I've tried it all - every single variety they offer from L'oreal, Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, Olay, Wet n Wild, Witch Hazel, Proactiv, etc etc etc... this one is actually kinda unique since it smells nice and minty, like mouthwash! Might be weird and off-putting to some people, but for me, it's great! (My little sis says it smells like Axe deodorant spray though, whatevs) The alcohol is in doesn't feel as drying as one might expect, I guess because peppermint oil helps and mint scent masks any crazy burning alcohol smell. It immediately leaves your skin feeling and LOOKING soft, clean, and smoother. Honestly, this item is my HG toner and I don't even have to use a cleanser. Just tone away & get on with my life. My face looks JUST as nice and clean and soft as when I use my favorite cleansers. :D And this baby was only $3 and something cents @ Target! I use this about 3 times a day: morning, afterschool/evening, & night. It's totally calmed down the acne irritations and helped clear up my skin consistently. WILL DEFINITELY STOCK UP ON THIS ISH THIS WEEKEND <3!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Mimosa07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For a long time, I've been looking for something to help with my occasional acne. I've used several things but most would kinda of help, but not really eliminate my pimples. So when I saw this at Walmart for 4 bucks it seemed it couldn't hurt to try. But it does actually hurt, or burn a little actually. But I still love it! I have the anti blemish pads (which I assume is made w/the toner) and all I have to do at night is wash my face w/ Noxzema's Triple Clean cleanser and use about 3 wipes to really get rid of anything left behind,wash my face w/water and moisterize w/my Q10 cream and I wake up with no zits at all! And I mean none, like not even a little occasional one. I'm not going to say it doesn't hurt, but what a little pain for clear skin? This really does clean your face, leaving it dry so a good moisterizer is really needed afterwards. I have gone through about 25 jars of pads, so I will most definitely repurchase! This is my ultimate pimple solution, the best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Lexieberry

I have recently switched toners from Biore to Noxzema. I was familiar with Noxzema TCA in the pad form already, so the liquid wasn't a big change. I have noticed that the formula seems to be a bit more intense in the liquid format, and this can translate to more stinging and burning sensation at times. I absolutley love the menthol and eucalyptus cooling effect that hits right after the initial sting. The most important effect I get from using Noxzema TCA is the purely clean feeling I get from its use. My skin feels like it can breathe after a day of makeup and city pollution. It's definitley kept my breakouts at bay, and made my skin smoother. Potentially HG worthy =D

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by courtney1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for years. It is the most effective product. Yes, its filled with "bad" ingredients like menthol and alcohol, but there is something about this product that just works. And its worked for everyone i know too. You gotta be careful bc its very very drying. In fact, my fingertip skin peels sometimes from wiping my face with the pads. but i dont care. my face get s a little dry too, but its worth the price of having fewer zits. Use in moderation and you will love!

ps- Girls, use this on your boyfriends and husbands who dont wash their faces properly! they will love it. and you wont believe how much gunk comes off their face. The pad will be black after. BLACK.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by nymphesk

i'm free from the shackles of liquid foundation ! thank you noxzema .

i wrote this review not to just promote the product . but to also tell girls & boys out there that it is possible to get clear skin. just keep trying new products . find out what's right for you ! i'm just like everyone else . who's had products made their skin worse . products that *sort of* made my skin look nicer . but trust me . don't settle . you can find the product that will make your skin PERFECT .

so here is some history . i've had acne since i was 12 . im 19 right now . i learned little tips and tricks along the way to defuse my acne . but nonetheless . at age 19 . i was wearing full coverage foundation every day . EVERY SINGLE DAY . because whenever my period rolled around , BAM , little bumps all around my cheeks , one mega zit , and by the time my face healed around to become perfect, my period would come again and the cycle repeats itself !

*sigh*

and then i found noxema astringent . i put it on for the first time . went to bed . woke up . and i could tell my skin was healing . my face FULLY cleared after 1 month . as in no bumps, no zits, all of my old scars were healed and there was no redness left . it was a VERY fast month , so don't worry . every day that passed , i was getting more and more excited because my skin was getting to be flawless !

it's been 2 months . i walked into work today without any make-up on . i've never walked into any job of mine without makeup on , it felt SO good . and i decided i was going to make this review when i got home !

PRODUCT INFO : it stings a bit . some people say it's bad when a product stings but who the hell cares when your skin is finally acne free . besides , once my skin didn't have any acne left , about 1 month , the product stopped stinging .
    it has salicylic acid in it . my HG face wash has salicylic acid in it too, clearisil *the cream with the beads in it* so i'm thinking they worked really well together because i wasn't mixing different active ingredients together . you know ! anyways . im in love . i hope this review gives hope to those out there who have given up on perfect skin !!

THE THINGS IV'E LEARNED OVER THE YEARS TO HELP WITH ACNE :

1. CLEAN YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES ! DAILY !
    2. SLEEP ON YOUR BACK . THIS WAS REALLY HARD FOR ME !! BUT SLEEPING ON YOUR BACK STOPS YOUR FACE FROM RUBBING OVER DIRTY BED SHEETS *EVEN IF YOU JUST CLEANED THEM* OR OILY HAIR !
    3. DON'T PUT YOUR PHONE AGAINST YOUR CHEEKS WHEN YOU TALK .
    4. USE ASTRINGENT . AKA NOXZEMA ! I USED TO SCRUB MY FACE THINKING IT WAS PERFECTLY CLEAN , BUT OH HOW WRONG I WAS !! YOU WON'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH DIRT AND MAKEUP IS LEFT BEHIND !!
    5. DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE DURING THE DAY . GO AHEAD AND POP YOUR PIMPLES . EVERYONE IS GUILTY OF DOING IT , BUT ONCE YOU GET IT OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM , DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH YOUR FACE UNTIL YOU CLEAN IT AGAIN !

i live in boston . air pollution is everywhere ! the moral of my tips and tricks is basically to keep your face away from dirt !! little things like keeping your brush clean, or not rubbing your phone against your face truly helps !!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ! I HOPE YOU ALL GET TO BE BLESSED WITH BEAUTIFUL SKIN !!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No