MAC Lustre - Oolong

4.6

on 4/18/2007 7:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is definantely a medium true nuetral brown color. On a fair person such as myself, it's not too shabby. I wouldn't call it the best color I had, but it's a nice departure from the pinks, nudes, or reds that I typically wear. I think I will keep this around for more nighttime wear, as it may be too drastic for the daytime. It will take me forever to go through an entire tube, so I wouldn't buy this LE item again.

on 7/12/2006 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I would buy a lifetime supply of this if it hadn't been LE. I got my first Oolong in a swap here on MUA and fell in love. It is the perfect glossy true brown. Not too dark, not too light and buildable. It is magic in a tube is in my top 5 lippies of all time. Great for work, great to balance out a wilder eye look. If you can find it, snap it up. I'm trying to hunt down backup number 2 myself.

on 3/8/2005 11:00:00 AM

I couldn't really see myself wearing this one. I had this idea that I just could not pull off a brown lipstick. Oolong is the apparently the exception. It is very sheer and just adds a tough of brown. My lips are fairly pigmented anyways, so this results in a very flattering pink brown that looks great when I wear browns and blues.

on 2/23/2005 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I got this lipstick when I turned in my 5 empty MAC packages because it caught my eye. Of course, along with 3 other lipsticks I got for free, I had planned to either give it away to my mother or just let it sit there until it melted. Well, today I felt a little "frisky" and decided to wear lipstick. I am NOT a lipstick wearer, and just stick to clear or light shades of lipgloss. At first I thought this would be a dark burgundish on my lips, but oh my goodness...this is a beautiful neutral brown that compliments my naturally brown/pinkish puffy lips. I love this with a hint of pink or clear lipgloss! This one is a keeper!

on 2/16/2005 1:44:00 PM

A great, neutral brown... this reminds me of the best Bobbi Brown "brown" lipsticks (there are many), but at $14 USD, it's quite a bit less expensive than BB. Great texture, too.

on 2/2/2005 7:10:00 PM

Pretty, sheer, very wearable shiny brown. Definitely recommended!

on 1/31/2005 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a lovely, glossy wearable brown, as most of the reviews say. Like an iced tea shade. Lovely with BBQ or Cork liner, if you wear liner.
I love the lustre texture of the MAC lipsticks as it is glossy and not the unflatteringly flat.

on 1/15/2005 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am *not* a lipstick fan but I'm really loving this one. It's a medium brown shade that doesn't just look like a flat brown on, it seems to have a bit of something else that I can't pinpoint. Someone told me that it is like Oh Baby in Lipstick form and it might be, minus the glitter and the grayish cast.

I'm giving this four lipsticks because although I do love the shade, I find it to be a tad drying so I usually top it with a clear gloss. continued >>

on 1/10/2005 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As lipsticks go this is a nice moist lippie and wears beautifully not heavy or waxy. But the color is ho-hum on me. It's brown on my pigmented lips. Sure it has a little shimmer in it but not much to notice unless you are 2 inches from my lips. I'm NC 30 w/ oliveundertones and found it was a really boring color. IF you want a brown shimmery l/s then this is a good one b/c of its texture and quailty. But I dont find it flattering on me so I may swap it.

on 1/1/2005 8:12:00 PM

A wearable brown! It looks so dark in the tube but b/c it is a lustre it goes on sheer. A warm brown like the color of tea. I really like this lipstick!

Popular Lipsticks